So Aaryonar...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

Been over two weeks. Only 11 guilds have completed it according to EGL.

Is it the lag? Or is it the Drusella Vault of this expansion? Or is this normal and last expansion where 900 guilds one shotting every raid is the outlier?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you look at the bug forum, this raid is/was broken, supposedly was fixed on Wednesday.
  3. Nilwean Elder

Not only was that bug not fixed, but there seem to be new bugs as well.
    Fenthen, Weetea, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The bug was not fixed as of the last patch.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not fixed. It's worse.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Mazame Augur

Like when they fix the quick time bug?

Or when nerfing proc would remove the Lag?

Or overseer quest not randomly dropping.

I not sure you play this game because when ever you see " ______ was fix" as of late it means ________ was Nerfed not fixed.

I mean it "working as intended".

I believe they are trying. I just think they are trying to adjust the code to fix the hardware rather then fixing the hardware so the coding can work correctly.

It simply they are putting a bandage on a broken bone and praying it all works it self out.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You have some evidence to support your hypothesis that there is a hardware issue rather than a code issue causing all of these problems or did you just pull that theory out of your backside?

I mean if you are a server hardware expert & you have the answers and you can tell the ops team exactly what the specific issue with the current hardware is that needs to be fixed I am sure DarkPaw would love to hear about it.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would be keen to read their answers, my career being in the field and all.

Being able to resolve complex database/server/client/app performance issues with zero visibility into the infrastructure and with no troubleshooting would be a handy skill, indeed!!!
    Tucoh and Mazame like this.
  9. The real Sandaormo Augur

Township Rebellion beat this raid last night after having I would say 30 fails on it from the Grolik lock at 87% bug. We had tried everything before last night but what we hadn't tried was not exactly following the script. We on purpose didn't take one type of Orb to the correct Aura each time like you would think a properly coded script would want you to. It's the only time we have tried this raid on Live and not had it lock.
    Yinla and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Prioritizing Lesser runes to ENC to get Deviser's Auspice Rk 3 (mostly due to overwriting issues of different ranks more so than the strength) and MGBing Spice on a rotation can make a big difference on difficult events. That's every 2.5 minutes if 3 ENC in the raid (7.5m refresh on MGB). Save Glyph Spray for oh- moments.

The lack of appreciation for ENC guards, Geomantra and etc disappoints me. They can really make a huge difference on these types of events.
    Metanis and Mazame like this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Would an Oracle that can see the future have the right skill set?

Because I know the answer.

It's both. Or to be more accurate, it's everything.

They're focusing on baby stepping fixes to code now, they just made a hardware change recently.

In a perfect world they'd get to every little thing hardware and software, and come out the other side all the better for it.

This is not that world, and Oracle says "That is not our fate."

We will all just see how this goes as they gut the code for better performance.
  12. Mazame Augur

It doesn't take an expert to do basic deductive reasoning.

When they switch over to the new servers the Lag issue increased.

They have adjusted different things from that time to try and address the issue with no effect. Like procs they felt that to many proc was causing a strain on the servers and so they adjust them.

The problem with that is that on beta for example we had all of the proc going and we tested a number of events with out the Lag issue we are having on Live. So I am safe to say that proc are not the cause because if they where then why didn't we see this on Beta?

The problem start with a hardware change and they are trying to edit the software to solve the issue.

If the software is the issue then why do some day we can click our spells and full burn on raids and other days you can't ? If it was caused by something like proc's then you would have the issue all the time. It not like proc's can just decide this event were going to cause lag and then next event you do the exact same thing and not cause lag. Or on live server they cause lag but on beta server they don't.

Reasoning would say that if we didn't see this locking up lag on beta server and were seeing it on the live server then lets turn our focus there and find out why beta server didn't have the lock up lag and see what we can do to get that adjustment to the live servers.

I not saying that the coding and needing to process information don't add to the lag as I sure that is a small part of it. but The fact is before they switched to the new servers we it was NEVER this bad. and there plenty of signs that it not the code so they more they change the code to try and fix it they are simply not addressing the real issue.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Look up the difference between correlation & causation, both of your posts are pure conjecture based on faulty logic.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is why enterprises lock down their machines. This guy right here. Danger to himself and everyone around him.
  15. Febb Augur

Jchan already said the problem isn't a hardware issue or else they would have just thrown some more blades in the rack. In a interview she talked about a single point of failure with caching and they supposevely fixed that but maybe it isn't fix after all. So it's either a new issue that they haven't seen or haven't figured out yet. And this problem is affecting all of their games, not just EQ.

Beta doesn't experience lag because very little people play on that server during beta testing and it's on its own piece of hardware.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or it could be that the load on the beta servers is not as high as it is on the live servers which means that the lag issue isn't as visible.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  17. Laronk Augur

You want me to press my buttons that don't pew pew, next you're going to tell me that people with near instant heals who aren't healers should sometimes use their heals to save themselves (though lol with how bad lag is on raids can you really tell when you need to heal yourself)
  18. Barbwarrior Augur

Works fine in euro land
  19. Laronk Augur

Yeah, even just raiding prime time vs raiding off hours is a big difference in instance lag.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Mazame Augur

Ok so it not the hardware. Got it .. my procs are causing lag in all of the other games?

This is my point they say Lag is affecting all of their games.. Yet they think fixing the code in the games is going to magically fix the lag. If the lag as affecting just one game then I could go with that idea. but the fact that it affecting all of the games points to the fact it not being caused by the game but more so by something out side the game.

And yes they have said they fix _______. just like they fix so many other things.. I sure glade they fix the "quick time bug". I am Happy they fixed the Overseer quest that keep dropping. I also so happy they said they fix Aary event from not locking up...

My point they said they are doing stuff to "Fix" the issues. but how about some trouble shoot first before making random changes. Proc are a good example. They changed it in EQ2 and it didn't solve anything so Why then move forward in making changes to EQ1?