Recommendation: create a Foraging merchant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yahsha, Feb 19, 2021.

1. KrakenReality Augur

You're effectively a bot. You're not even tending to the action performed. You automated the forage and inventory with a macro and tied to a button you always use.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

Sure if you are actually looking for a pod of water. However, if we stop with inane disingenuous arguments and look at something that people might actually spend time foraging currently, like misty acorns for example, there is no sense in which spending a significant amount of time foraging enough of them to make a single stack of stat food could be considered instant gratification. Certainly not when compared to going to a merchant and buying a couple stacks of acorns. Seriously, get real.
    Celephane likes this.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Now, you're moving the goal posts to the desired crafted item and not the act of foraging itself.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nice try. Changing the terms of the argument doesn't change the reality of your failure with it. You don't like bots. I don't either. Tying the forage button is NOT the same thing. My movement keys don't press themselves.
    Aanuvane, Elyssanda and FawnTemplar like this.
  5. FawnTemplar Augur

Again with the inane and disingenuous. Why would anyone forage anything if not for a quest or tradeskills. You don't even need food and drink in this game so it is not like you have to forage for food if you are out of money.
    Nennius and Celephane like this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

No, I don't hate bots. I find them useful and serve a purpose to the game's economy.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am sure I will thank you for this quote in the future. Be safe.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

They already have added a lot of TS items on merchants. There are just a few odd ball items that you need to go forage. Unless you are going back to do mass baking/brewing.

The one exception is the oranges used for the stat drink this time.
  9. Froglok Augur

Huh? You might want to read that again? I am against the forage vendor idea.

Buying from a Vendor instead of actually foraging... that is most certainly an easy button, compared actual forging, particularly for "rare" forages (which I suspect inspired the suggestion).
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather they removed the usless items from the forage tables, items that serve no purpose what so ever and have no vendor value.

Why are they even there?

At least when I fish the dagger, sandel and fish scales are sellable, even if it is for peanuts.
    FawnTemplar and Froglok like this.
  11. Froglok Augur

I agree
    I agree.

In the past they said these items were "flavor" items that somehow made things more realistic (they are of no vendor value, no tradeskill use, no tribute value and often, even no Trade).

They recently have seemed to be on a kick to add as few items as possible, such as Rank II and Rank III spells / abilities now now go straight into your spell book / combat window (no scroll or tome involved). They have also stopped adding certain things to the game (i.e. A Paladin pierce weapon).

So... why not just eliminate and remove flavor items all together?
    Yinla likes this.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

What an exceptionally rude post.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe forage should be something like ground spawn collections.
    Everyone could do it, and you would have to actually go look for the stuff.
  14. Yahsha Journeyman

Yeah, kind of walking away from the original post that tying up this game activity to an ability that can only be done by two classes, and is a MASSIVE time sink is not fun.

Having to level a ranger and a druid to do it is not fun.

Your ranger and druid friends aren't going to forage hours on end for you because its not fun.

Trade skilling IS fun. But not under the above conditions. Foraging is a problem. Some other decent ideas to get around it in addition to the merchant idea.
  15. cadres Augur

A huge no to a merchant

Would be very happy to spend some *real* AA to get better ranks in foraging. I've been arguing for 'something' since forever for something/anything to spend a shedload of AA on. Everyone howls and says 'overpowered' well here is it! Give me an extra forage point per 200/500/1k/whatvever AA. Then I'll have something to do for a while. 50k AAs of foraging - yay!

I love foraging and have got kids interested in the game by wandering around foraging/picking up groundspawn - don't destroy it
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your information is wrong! Every class can forage!

2 classes do it extremely well, but both my wizzy and rogue forage while out killing stuff.

We do not need a vendor for forage that EVERY class can do!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

While were at it can we add...
    Alchemy merchant so I don't need a Shaman alt for my potions I like to use?
    A poison merchant so we don't have to rely on rogues to get our fix?
    Also need a Tinkering merchant so we don't have to chase down a pesky Gnome to make my belts.

But seriously add Medicinal Herbs to the forage table and that could make people happy, at least it would me.
  18. Evye Augur

The forage merchant could work. Put one in each zone. and only have a finite amount of foraged stuff. That replenishes randomly.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

so that it is permacamped like the merchant in WW? that's how this idea worked on the servers I know.
  20. Evye Augur

thats why it randomly replenishes!