Confession Corner

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WarpedJester, Feb 20, 2021.

1. WarpedJester New Member

Ok all. I want to give everyone the opportunity to confess there EQ sins. What is something that you may not want to have admitted to back then but can admit now?
  2. WarpedJester New Member

I will kicked this off with not a confession of mine (because i neeeever made a mistake) but rather one rom my ex. She was a cleric and a pretty darn good one. that said.. as many know.. being a healer in a good group can get a little dull at times and that when my ex discovered the game "Gem".. needless to say.. there my have been one or two (or more) times when a critical heal may have come in a bit later then it should have. there is never something so funny to me then seeing the heal spell effects around a corps. :rolleyes:
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

Back in the day, I was part of a group that ran a website called www.EQretard.com where we made fun of people in EQ... a lot in our own guild.

It was fun at the time, but as an adult, I deeply regret it. If you were on the Innoruuk server back in those days, I'm sorry.

Well... all except Tolstoy and Arsenic, screw those guys.
    Leerah and Tatanka like this.
  4. Zinth Augur

I admit to having printed out maps and spell lists so I could check them off as I bought em... that was back when we got spells every 4ths level and they were spread out all over the world :D such a sin!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Kase and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Kase Augur

We all did that.
    I still have a few of the original boxes for EQ when you had to store buy them. Sin to keep them?
    Spoiler alert---** For the younger generation who may have confusion with this... you had to drive to a store and buy a game from a real person...just saying.
    Proximoe, Elyssanda, minimind and 2 others like this.
  6. Zinth Augur

I had all my boxes all the way back from classic... guidebooks old printouts, 3 epic keyrings and what not... lost all in house fire in 2006 :-/
    Definetly not a sin to keep em
    Kase likes this.
  7. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

I was part of a guild on luclin that would stake out the entrance to Plane of Tactics(I think, it’s been a while) and train a particular guild so they couldn’t get rallos zek the warlord before us.

back in the day there was a grainy fraps video of us harassing this guild. I really liked that era of EQ. Pulling was an art and there was real competition with consequences :eek:
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

On Tallon Zek, going in and crashing a guild's raid then getting the kill on the raid target.
  9. Zinth Augur

wasn't that the purpose of the server? :D
    Leerah and Sissruukk like this.
  10. WarpedJester New Member

OMG!!! i forgot about he key rings!!!!.. geez... now i want to know where mine are packed
  11. Windance Augur

I don't miss those days at all. That kind of behavior brings out the worst in people.
    Jyve, Tatanka and sauron3030 like this.
  12. Zinth Augur

had 2 shammy and forgot what the last one were... shammy one were cool :D
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

I admit to foraging and I beg the mercy of the court.

Oh, and all of the other stuff I did, thought of doing, should have done, etc.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

I once thought someone was trying to steal my tag, so I charmed it and stole it back. Turned out though it was one of those deals where it looked like i tagged first to me and looked like he tagged first to him.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

I hang out in ST, swiping pulls from the automated power leveling groups.
    -----Cinexa----- and Zaray like this.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have a fear of heights.. and.. screamed in RL the first time I fell off of the invisible bridge in The Deep.
  17. divirgmar Lorekeeper

class leader, and there was this one player, heart was in the right place but kept acting as if anything said went right through them and got offended at the slightest remonstration. It got so frustrating trying to be politically correct and they just didnt get the effect they were having, in the middle of a raid- as if they were the sort of people that had this weird and strange cultural and innate need to "save face" in a ridiculous and inopportune manner, in the middle of the raid ( "did I use the right spell? but you told me..." kind of thing and then forget it the next day and start all over again) generally speaking it got so annoying thoughts of a few nukes to rid the world came to mind UNTIL I was able to make a parallel with their consistent query with the Star Trek next generation episode "Samaritan Snare" and I told this person, they were acting like the 'Packleds" in Star Trek next generation "Samaritan Snare" of course, in the middle of a raid they wanted to know what that was and I just said- watch it.
    They never said a peep afterwards and soon after just didn't show up. It put me in a position to be able to send tells to them to inquire if everything was ok- from a game perspective like if they were going to show up of if they could not make it to let me know as we could fill their spot. After a while, they vanished.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I did the Spirit Wracked Cord quest in 2001 or so. My magician went into Droga, killed the three spawn at the bottom of that first drop into the pit, had it timed to where the spawn timer was like every six minutes a mob would spawn...

And then I went to bed. Yes, for a couple of days I would AFK kill three Droga mobs in 2001 for Chardok faction while sleeping overnight.

However I think the statue of limitations is only 10 years. So I am not fearful of a suspension. Although if you don't see any posts from me over the next two weeks, I recommend this thread be locked and deleted.
    Nniki, Duder and Elyssanda like this.
  19. Gnomie Denser than most

I was 16 years old and Broke my leg playing EQ.

It was back in original Velious; and I had finally gotten the Stormfeather camp. Was there forever (it was over the summer). I had it timed out, and it was set to spawn in the next hour or so.....but it was time for me to go to work.

I had planned ahead, and called work to let them know I was going to be an hour or so late....they were totally fine with it. My mother, however, wasn't. I remember she was banging on my door telling me to go to work, so I had to leave. I left my window unlocked, left and parked at the neighbor's house. Ran back to my house, climbed through my window. Got my stormfeather kill about 15 minutes later. Afterwards, I climbed back out of my window and was sneaking through the front yard. I ducked behind a tree next to the window that my mom was sitting at so she couldn't see me. When she turned her head, I sprinted towards the neighbor's house...and stepped into a hole in my yard. *SNAP*

I was more worried about getting caught, so I just stood up and kept running to my car on a broken ankle. It wasn't until I got to work and my entire leg was swollen and black/blue that my boss told me to go to the hospital. My mom never found out the real way I broke my leg.

That eyepatch of plunder was sooooo sweet though.
  20. Boze TLP complaint factory

In 2001 I, as the like tenth warrior in our tank list, took a Claw of Lightning over a rogue. It didn't occur to me as a dumb kid until years later why so few people put in for the roll on it...