Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've only been doing 1 round of 12 hour quests per day and I've not lost any for the last few weeks.

Could be something to do with quest rotations as previously mentioned.
  2. Moege Augur

Doubt it. I lose a few each time on my 12 hour rotations. Stopped reporting it and now just living with this bug.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do you do 2 rounds a day? I'm only doing 1 set each day and I'm not seeing it anymore.
  4. Moege Augur

2 round yes. Monkey punching a button for a peanut.
  5. JeffHanson Augur

Still broken. How's that "QA in Progress" coming along after almost a whole year?
    Abbydog and KrakenReality like this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I have ... a disturbing number of accounts that can use Overseer.

I can not touch an account for several days and when I log in an account, I can see missing quests (or quests that were missing returned). I generally log 3 in at a time and 0, 1, 2 or even 3 can have missing quests ... mostly 0 and 1. But how often you use Overseer has not been part of the missing quest equation for me. It's just you'll notice more on accounts you use Overseer on more.

I'd say it is down from the peak, but missing quests are still happening enough to not be surprised when it does.
    Skrab likes this.
  7. Abbydog Journeyman

This has been happening to me with greater and greater frequency. Like every other day now. The fact this is still an issue almost a year after being first reported is completely unacceptable.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Well still losing quests after the patch and speculative fix do we need to make a new post or bump this one?
  9. Drampire New Member

I also had one disappear on my first round of filling them.

Almost rather they not even bother with it, since the missing quests always come back (eventually.) Would have rather had the exp/mats from the quests they cleared than the agents they gave us.

*Happened again on the same account 3 quests later.
  10. cadres Augur

1/30 missing for me today (over 24 hrs)
    Not terrible odds, but indicative that 'something' is not quite right
    (No, I didn't miss one, have been checking v carefully in light of the patch etc)
  11. Mikana Augur

Yup, disappearing quests are definitely worse since the patch, had about five vanish (across three accounts) already this week. One account got up to 7/5 quests today.
  12. Starkxx Journeyman

Overseer quests are still vanishing. I had 5 active quests running on two toons. Zoned into guild hall from lobby and both had only 4 active quests running.
  13. Bardie New Member

still missing ones across my toons and not everyone got 3 Agent Packs(not a big deal just an FYI)
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

From a Silver Account I have...starting quests after patch...

[Wed Feb 17 19:13:10 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Just Another Prophecy with the following agent(s): Reaver Lebanezer, Dabner Drednever, Bimbalicus the Soulbleeder, Garanel Rucksif, Butler Syncall, Emperor Crush.
    [Wed Feb 17 19:13:33 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Hot Oil with the following agent(s): Head Administrator Grigano, Trapped Elemental, Banker Rylisan, Cargo Clockwork, Kimble Nogflop.
    [Wed Feb 17 19:13:50 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Recruit Travelers with the following agent(s): Overvolt Rigster the IV, Amber, Zarchoomi, Conium Darkblade, Bilge Farfathom.
    [Wed Feb 17 19:14:06 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Orcs Can Write? with the following agent(s): Estrella of Gloomwater, Tumpy Irontoe, The Collector, Cavalier Devolah, Maid Issis.
    [Wed Feb 17 19:14:22 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Caravan with the following agent(s): Magus Tira, Nightrage Decapitator, Teir'Dal Prophet, Exiled Legionnaire.
    and today finishing all the quests available...
    [Fri Feb 19 21:34:16 2021] Your Overseer quest Caravan has been completed.
    [Fri Feb 19 21:34:18 2021] Your Overseer quest Hot Oil has been completed.
    [Fri Feb 19 21:34:21 2021] Your Overseer quest Orcs Can Write? has been completed.
    [Fri Feb 19 21:34:24 2021] Your Overseer quest Just Another Prophecy has been completed.
    The Recruit Travelers quest is gone...for now...

All agents used for the recruit travelers missing quest are available to be used in the agents list.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

Lost an Overseer quest on one of my toons overnight.
  16. smash Augur

Lost quests too.
  17. cadres Augur

Lost 3/30 quests today
    All the missing quests are 24 hr quests

And a few hours later....
    switching between toons I see several quests have dropped off/disappeared within a couple of hours of setting them up
    This seems to be getting worse?
  18. Bardie New Member

Same, lost 3-4 on several toons, many lost at least 1-2, it seems worse
  19. GoneFission Augur

If they can’t keep the quests from vanishing, I’d like to see something added to ensure the agents get returned. Some sort of a roll call function. These tasks tend to use the same agents over and over, and getting specific agents back when they go missing can be time-consuming.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Seems worse now by far. I've had 4 instances of having 7 completed quests up and 1 of having 8 completed just since the patch, never seen an 8 until now, and 7s were rare. That's how often they are poofing now (like 1 in 3 accounts getting it daily now, so probably around 5-7% chance of them poofing).

Prior to patch it was fairly rare, like one account every day or two. I do it on 9 accounts on my main server and 4 on a second server, so its a decent sample size.