Platinum Pieces

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by narksar, Feb 20, 2021.

1. narksar Augur

When you get up to quantities of Platinum of 10m or higher, the left-most number is somewhat obscured in some windows, like the trade window, allowing for deception and fraud due to the number overlapping areas other than the area designated for the quantity of platinum. Secondarily, I also think it would be very beneficial to add appropriate commas to large quantities of platinum pieces so as to accurately reflect the sum rather than requiring people to count out the number of numbers to confirm the value equals the agreed upon trade. In a trade window 10000000 looks similar to 1000000 unless you count the zeros. If it showed 10,000,000 vs 1,000,000 that would prevent mistakes/fraud. Also, increase the maximum sale price in the bazaar already... a 2 million platinum cap?... seriously...?
    Stymie, Warpeace and Duder like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is something about the 32 bit code that is used that prevents them from raising the baz limit above 2 million. Which I can't understand because you accumulate can 1,000,000,000 plat.

But you will be stuck and not able to trade or parcel it off - you have to buy a noble to get out of that jam. Apparently that amount weighs a true pound and that is why you get stuck.

I think a comma is an excellent idea.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Does anything happen if you accumulate 1 billion pp on a char? have always wondered someone told me you lose it somehow and have to petition if so maybe thats why people buy so many kronos /shrug.

Andarriel
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great question. If everyone would like to send me the needed plat. I will play the Guinea Pig in this experiment. :)
    Skuz, cadres, minimind and 3 others like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im nowhere near there but just wondering. how bout someone do a transfer 1b to copper lol that would be 1 trillion pp? unless my math is wrong.

Andarriel
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wonder if the devs. have actually ever tested this. If you put that much plat. on a character would it sink through the crust of Norrath.
    Laurana likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Laurana, Skuz, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Honestly, if you are trading around 10M plus plat and cannot be bother to doublecheck your zeros, it's hard to feel sympathy for you. Your mistakes are not fraud. Someone may be cruel if you trade the wrong number and they aren't willing to correct, but it's not fraud.

The easiest way to prevent issues is trade plat in 101010... or 100100100... format. If you're trading in such large numbers, the added amount is rounding error.

But most importantly, this isn't a bug. If you really want commas, make a post in another forum with [Feedback] in the title.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Actually it can be hard to see all the zero's. sometimes people screw up prices in the baz if they forget a zero but hey it happens getting something for 10k instead of 100k is a good deal for the buyer lol. My biggest transaction was a few years ago when i bought 25 kronos off someone at 4m each that was alot of zero's i even mentioned it to him :)

Andarriel
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I believe the 32 bit thing used to affect stored plat too and not just the bazaar mechanism. I remember Cheze from The Rathe (cheze, chezeto, whatever his several versions were called), who was a big time trader in EC tunnel. I was talking to him once (I bought a lot of big ticket droppable things from him before I started raiding around PoP, and would also sell him blue diamond cultural as I was mass producing it, before the bazaar went live), and he said something about him hitting X plat and his plat just all poof, turned back over to 0 or something.

But that was like in 2000. So they obviously changed that pretty early on.
  12. narksar Augur

Actually, if the numbers go so far in a particular window that one or more of the numbers are obscured by another image, I'd say that's a bug and valid for this forum. The remaining details in my post were other things that could be done in addition to that that would further help the overall issue of the accuracy and clarity of the numbers we look at in game.
  13. narksar Augur

If you think this isn't an issue, then tell me how much platinum is in this trade window. I'll bet you're not sure.

Okay I was going to upload a screenshot but apparently this forum doesn't allow that. Try trading over 100m plat and tell me you can *easily* tell how much is actually in the trade window.
  14. Duder Augur

Upload is elsewhere then use the little icon with the tree to provide the link, it will embed the image.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Bug vs QoL issue. Either way EQ could use this change. People should not have to work as hard as some do when verifying how much currency is in a trade window or on their account.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. narksar Augur

Where is "elsewhere"?
  17. Gialana Augur

I think Duder meant "it," not "is," meaning you need to upload your image to a hosting site of your choice. Then embed the image in your post with the address to the image. I just did a web search for "image hosting sites" and found a list of 10 free options on WiX Photography.
    Duder likes this.
  18. GNOME_POWER Augur

Gialana likes this.
  19. Duder Augur

"is" is a mistype. I'm sorry. It should be "it". Anyhow, you can use imgur or any number of sites. You can even use discord to host your images.

Edit - Ohh, I can edit that post, but I won't so the thread doesn't look a mess. ;)
    Gialana likes this.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Duder likes this.