Aaryonar: Maximum Echo Achievement Impossible to tank with Shadowknight?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AristotleTZ, Feb 20, 2021.

1. AristotleTZ New Member

So I am curious who has had success earing this achievement with anything but a warrior tanking this event. I have tried for this achievement many times with a group that is fully tier 2 ToV raid geared with max AA's and progression AA's. Is it just me or has DP made this achievement virtually impossible even for raid geared groups? Group makeup consists of SK, Cleric, Shaman, Beastlord, Bard, Zerker. Anyone else finding this to be so problematic that a change to this event is required? We are also using Dragon Glyphs to try and get this achievement. Any advice or experience with this would be great. Thanks
  2. Knifen Augur

Curious for each class what aura are they taking. It is doable with an SK. But like all classes, not all SKs are equal. We have a monk that I happily invite to tank our mission runs ( have not tried Max Echo) with a monk tank thou.
    Strumph likes this.
  3. AristotleTZ New Member

The problem is not people dying in the auras it is the fact that the SK dies to Aary. The problem is I can not tap or do anything really that damages Aary. I wield a shield and trophy. I am fully tier2 TOV raid geared with max heroics. We have had warriors do it with multiple discs but have yet to hear of an SK tanking this event. If an SK has successfully tanked this event I would appreciate any advice.
  4. Maedhros High King

I can see this being a problem for a SK. Mana drain is a problem, trying not to over dps the dragon is a problem.
    Make friends with a warrior.
    Strumph likes this.
  5. Knifen Augur

Every time we did this ach we put the tank (regardless of class) in the ice aura. That has a mana drain component but the the AE from the dragon they are tanking has a mana drain that if i recall overrides the aura one. Doing this from memory so may have it reversed which drain over powers which. Also for the Echo ach part the tanking class did no dps what so ever till we hit rank 5. Other then the riposte dmg which was fine. They hold aggro and nothing else. With 2 healers in your group they should be more then capable of keeping you up.
  6. Szilent Augur

tap Aaryonar. go for it. leash him at 70 & keep tapping away.
    Strumph and Svann2 like this.
  7. Duder Augur

Have done it numerous times before the tuning patch with an SK every time. Have done it numerous times after the tuning patch with an SK every time. Three different SKs in fact. Never once used a warrior to do the achieve.
    Mazame likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Your cleric and shaman's healing prowess sounds like the actual problem, not the sk.
    Zaray, Cadira, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  9. Kazcro New Member

You can absolutely tap it and not push the phase....
  10. Rylak Elder

Not to pile on, but Duder hit it on the head. A cleric is more than capable of solo healing this if played well. If you also have a shaman, I'm struggling to see how the MT would ever go below 50%. Make sure you have the shaman fully supporting the tank and keeping Aary slowed/debuffed. Bard also doing debuff / defensive & DoT reduction songs.

With double hp aura from cleric & shaman and shaman alliance and SK taps, you should have healing overkill and the rest of the group should never blink even if ya get a double DoT.
    Duder and Knifen like this.
  11. Szilent Augur

o_O
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

Sounds like plenty of healing. Bard can debuff and play mana.rune songs to help. Bst should be keeping para on the clr. sk needs to rotate discs and save fang for double dot, thwart and aa/spell bites on cd. Open with reavers bargain as you won't have the Mana to use it safely later.
  13. AristotleTZ New Member

Thanks for all the input guys. I have been tanking Aary in the ice aura as other have suggested. The bard was doing the earth (trap) stacks. I will try again with the tap suggestion and see if I can get the stacks before death LOL.. I appreciate all the responses. Sounds like i need to better practice timing of discs/reavers/etc to maximize our chances.
    Duder likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why would tank ever do any aura?

I did this with an sk tank and 2 paladins (1 of which was in group gear) healing with basically nothing but group heals, and relatively low dps.

We actually did wipe once, second time we bailed after someone died and lose 4 ranks, then got it the third time.

We ended up putting tank against the wall in between 2 auras, I was the main guy healing, and lived in the one aura never moving, other guys on other side of aary, so one just had to step backwards, and other 2 would go get in other auras. Fire guy making sure to drop auras away from us while we used direct heals on them and the guy getting summoned to ice.

I healed entire with group heals and protective/valiant. SK had to stop tapping around the 3rd or 4th echo due to him soloing aary down almost to the end. Since I was in earth, I would just make sure to edge a little away, then when trap dropped moved a little back to keep everyone in heal range.
  15. Rylak Elder

I find it much easier to have the tank and cleric being the 2 not doing the auras. Just keeps positioning locked down and things going so smooth. The other 4 can easily handle the auras.
    Leigo and Duder like this.
  16. Szilent Augur

o_O
  17. Xyko Fear is the path to the Darkside

I'm a SK and have tanked this in t2 tov raid gear with success three times, able to give my ach away twice.

You are able to tap, to about 65% no one else should damage him in anyway, but use your defenive discs/AA one a time and keep geomantra up. You'll be oom before the end so get a QM or staunch before doing the actual mission.

One dedicated healer and SK don't do the auras. back up healer a must too. It's not easy, but so satisfying when you nail it.
  18. Xyko Fear is the path to the Darkside

Also, use darkened cone of mystics and drop your damage shields to reduce dps letting you tap while you have mana
  19. Leigo You come here often?

It's ok some day you'll find the debuffs.
  20. Drogba Augur

I wouldn't use reaver's if mana is a concern.

This was fine for a raid geared SK tank. I did this with a few different groups pre-nerf & post-nerf.

I would tank the raptors + Aary.

I don't take an aura for myself (Nor does the main healer).

I wish I had thought of leashing Aary!

I always brought 2 healers instead of an offtank/pet. If I had a second tank with me like a warrior, i'd stick them on fire aura's or something (Thought process being; if they messed it up, their large hp pool 'might' excuse an oopsie).

I'd assign one healer to focus on the fire aura player for the 10 seconds or so that the mechanic was in play, and i'd turtle up a bit more on the boss during that part/lifetap.

If no mage to coth the banish aura player, then id take a hybrid that had some form of self healing for their run back to us (beastlords are kinda nice because they come with paragon).

Pre-nerf, You could lifetap the raptors when you didn't want to damage Aary. If it was a good run where folks had made it through the first 3-4 aura's and i was confident in the group, i would staunch. Though there were a few runs where staunch wasn't available and we still made it through.

Had to be frugal with lifetapping/melee leeching, toggle one or the other on/off as needed. Could preserve some mana by rarely tapping when sk epic/CoA BP/Leechcurse/DA+UF/deflection/shield flash is on, and make it a priority to get those activated into your rotation early on, (also quite early on; spire+bites, thought leech)

Can also bring mod rods, kiss of erollisi, rod of dark rites, mana restore potions(Forget their actual name right now)

Glyph of dragon scales was good for when you want to be less provoked into tapping aary too

Even with the raptors gone now, it's still very possible to get through without leashing him.

^^^This, remembering to toggle back to your normal primary when you have melee leech effects running