Recommendation: create a Foraging merchant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yahsha, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Zynt Augur

It's not even about druids and rangers for me. I have both, my very very first character was a human ranger that couldn't even get out of SFG because the tunnel was too dark and finally somebody took pity on me and gave me a fire beetle eye. I just think some recipes, especially advanced ones, should not have all materials vendor purchased.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im not sure if foraging should go away, but even if there was no more foraging, important recipes still require drops.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I'm a woodelf bard, I just tied forage to my arrow keys (I don't use wasd) and as I run around I forage..

also, you can get forages from old expansions via OVERSEER...
  4. Zinth Augur

uhm use your forage AA's ? don't like a lot more than ranger/druid get that? I remember I had it on my iksar
  5. Gnomereaper Augur

New expansion for some of the more boring to farm ingredients, yes. For one in PoK right now, no.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Put medicinal herb on vendor as well.
    Warpeace likes this.
  7. Yahsha Journeyman

All classes get forage, only 3 are good at it (bard, ranger, druid), only 2 are "efficient" (ranger, druid).

Foraging is a terrible time sink that is reliant on 2 classes to overcome. As any of the other 14 classes, having to create and level a ranger or druid to maintain trade skill activity is a symptom of a broken TS system imo.

At the very least, being able to hire a forager to get the items you are looking for would be enough. But creating a merchant is more in-line with existing game mechanics.
    Zynt likes this.
  8. Nukester Journeyman

They already are.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

New name for the game:

EQ Ezzy
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Making the forage key auto fire would fix this whole thread. It's a QoL change very over due in EQ. People that use 3rd party software can do this. The players that follow the rules can not.

Auto fishing while you're at it, please!
    Vumad, Svann2 and KrakenReality like this.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

False. I forage all the time, I also offer to forage for other people when I know they are looking for something.

The move toward immediate gratification that some people apparently want just has me like:
    [IMG]

I would like to see the forage skill sped up a bit. Why does it take 15 seconds to fish and forever to forage? Or maybe an autoskill like Jhenna suggested.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I forage a lot as well. Not a Bot.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Lol, yeah you're working hard sitting at your computer tabbed out to Netflix clicking the forage button every minute or so. Immediate gratification, lol. Come on, we're talking about clicking a button every minute or so waiting for the game to randomly assign you your item code.

Lol, I love people like you.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have my forage button tied to a movement key. And we appreciate your love.

Thank you.
  15. FawnTemplar Augur

Reading comprehension is your friend.

I never claimed that foraging is "hard work" I just said that it isn't instant gratification, which it isn't.

You should get your story straight really, on the one hand foraging is too hard such that you need a merchant to circumnavigate it. On the other hand foraging is so easy that it deserves your derision: "sitting at your computer tabbed out to Netflix clicking the forage button every minute or so" Make up your mind.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

It's absolutely instant gratification. Click button and get reward.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

I don't get why this is used as a logical defense. It's so mindless that people don't pay attention to using it?
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Oh so you don't know how foraging works. Now I understand all your nonsense.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

The point, which you missed, was that people who are not bots do forage. Earlier, you falsely claimed that "The only people foraging are bots". People are responding to your incorrect statement.
    Yinla and FawnTemplar like this.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

What's to understand?

Activate Forage
    Assigned Random Item to Cursor
    Wait for Refresh
    Repeat

If, you can click a button and receive a reward that is instant gratification.