AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

You won't answer because everything you claim is baseless and a lie.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Meanwhile, I'll be playing EQ and won't be worried about getting banned or suspended for playing AFK.
  3. yerm Augur

I'm nyuk, yerm, and boton. Man up.
    Machen likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Yeah, except the logs showed the GM did contact him.
  5. Zinth Augur

wait WHAT? a char in trademode gets suspended for being afk? is this what the game has come down to?
    Tegila, Leerah and Tshesebe like this.
  6. Nessirfiti Augur

Well, I mean those evil traders _ARE_ AFK. and I'm sure Lejaun will be along to tell us that if we don't want our traders banned we'll have to pay attention to our screens 24/7/365
    Tshesebe likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Make all the personal attacks and jokes you like, still doesn't change the fact: You pay attention to the game when you are online, and you don't get suspended/banned. Simple.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Zinth Augur

uh huh so you log out EVERY TIME you go to pee/poo, get a drink, open the door when someone knocks, when you get a phonecall, when you have to look up quest info on the net, when you have to find out where to buy/get a certain drop/spell and so on and so on...

To me it just sounds like you are massively full of B and S
    Tegila, Tshesebe and Leerah like this.
  9. Lejaun Augur

The only thing I am full of is plenty of time to play EQ, because I follow the rules and don't get suspended or banned for AFK play.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Possibly they just blind banned based on your isp. Lots of others got banned on live servers and all seem to originate from the last week. And all say "cheating" as the reason.
  11. Machen New Member

More likely a char in trademode got suspended for purchasing krono from 3rd party sites.
  12. RoxorsBoxors New Member

That would make sense if my other accounts were suspended. All of my accounts, including my level one trader, are accessed through my same PC and same IP. I don't use any gateways or any VM's to play this game.

Also, response to the most recent post, I have not purchased any krono through a 3rd party. I can say I bought multiple kronos, anywhere between 30 and 48k pp on the bazaar and then transferred them to the rest of my accounts during the Luclin timeframe. But this was all made with the sales of my Velious gems, essence emeralds, and random Luclin drops.

Most of these Krono i dont actually consume (I am a hoarder) and all of my accounts are tied to monthly subscriptions.

I did have a feeling that there was some type of 'tagged' krono thing going on and maybe I bought from the wrong person on trader? I mean, a lot of thoughts go through your mind when you are trying to piece together 'why' something like this happened. I have yet to receive a response from CS on my petition and I would love to understand what I did wrong. A lot of people on this forum (like Machen) immediately assume people are in the wrong and have spiteful intentions but the reality is most of us are playing this game in accordance of the TSA's.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Ruination Elder

Ban first, ask question second. I like it
  14. Duder Augur

Was your trader using a script to automatically adjust prices?
  15. yerm Augur

Nobody's making personal attacks. Your ridiculous trolling was countered by simply quoting your past comments.
    Tshesebe likes this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Well, you know, besides making references to blow up dolls, etc.

No trolling here. It's a simple statement. Don't cheat in the game, you don't get suspended or banned.
  17. Leerah Augur

18. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I was sitting at my computer paying attention to both screens. I was actually actively having conversations on both characters with people.

I got no new tells from anybody that I did not look at and there was nothing in /say [which I have filtered to it's own window to avoid this issue entirely].

I went back and checked my logs to confirm that I did not somehow miss a GM's message and I haven't. You don't have to believe me [you probably won't, and that's fine] but I did not get any messages from a GM before my secondary account was suspended.

I was sitting at the computer and watching both screens and was not afk.

Are there some people who were afk when they got suspended for afk play? Sure. On Feb 3rd I fell asleep at my computer and got dinged for AFK play and I was willing to accept that suspension but they lifted it the next day. Why did they lift it? Not because I asked them to lift it - but because I asked them why I was suspended without warning. They did not send me a tell or a say that time and they did not this time either.

I'm not here to change anybody's mind. If you believe I'm lying and that the GMs are infallible and are always taking the most appropriate actions only when such actions are justified - you are welcome to continue those beliefs.

If I had knowingly violated the rules I'd eat my suspension. If I trained somebody and got suspended - sure - I get it. If I join an AFK PL group and then I actually AFK and I'm not sitting at my PC - I get it. If a GM messages me and gives me a reasonable amount of time to return from the pisser before suspending me - I get it.

Getting suspended while actively playing without warning or reason and then the petition asking why being ignored is not an appropriate way to handle this in my honest opinion.

I enjoy this game - and I always have - which is why I'm back on a TLP. That said I don't enjoy it so much that I'm going to continue tolerating suspensions without warning when I haven't violated the rules and then a total lack of customer support afterwards. There are plenty of other games I can pay $15/mo for and enjoy without having to constantly worry about whether I'll get suspended for no reason.
    Tshesebe, Leerah and Duder like this.
  19. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Ban first, ignore questions second.

It doesn't appear that any real effort is going into this. It seems to me like they're probably getting petitions in and then taking action on those petitions without due dilligence.

Let's say you're in The Deep and you're actively pulling and fighting mobs. I put in a petition claiming you're AFK EXPing and my guess is that you'll end up with a suspension in short order without a GM actually looking into it / trying to verify it.

I hope I am wrong - but based upon my own experience it doesn't seem like it.

Both of my characters were in The Deep - in different picks. I was actively playing both, actively conversing with people on both, actively fighting on both. I had been in The Deep on both characters for a few hours when the suspension came in on my secondary account.

Did I go AFK and get exp? No. Was I AFK when I got suspended? No. Did I get a tell from a GM or anyone I didn't recognize prior to suspension? No. Did anybody say anything in /say prior to suspension? No.

It seems to me the only way to avoid suspension is to avoid areas where people AFK PL - even if that's not what you're doing. At least a couple other members of my group got suspended as well - none of us AFK when it happened and none of us got tells or saw anything in /say prior.

I wasn't aware that EXPing in The Deep was an offense worthy of Suspension. I thought you actually had to violate the rules.
    Tshesebe and Leerah like this.
  20. Leerah Augur

It's been worse. Years ago, people were suspended by bots for "hiding in geometry" because they weren't on agro when a named died. My trader was hit because my main was on Chardok faction and just opened a door. Two weeks is a long time to build up a good fury. To add insult injury, I got banned from the forums for outting their bots.

At least they sometimes apologize now.