AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Machen New Member

Pretty easy to fabricate 1000 lines of log entry within 4 minutes of getting banned? Ok.
    RaynTheLion likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

They already have PC and NPC separated since you can assign different chat colors to them. Adding a filter would help, and should be very easy since the client can already tell the difference.

But a filter doesn't really fix the problem. You still have to have a window with /say up on your screen, and actually notice it when something important is displayed there. Players are never going to be 100% on that. And honestly we shouldn't have to. If I am actively playing my character, I shouldn't have to train myself to check one window every 15 seconds for fear of being afk checked and banned.
  3. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

My secondary account got suspended in Velks on Feb 3. I fell asleep playing the game and within 5 minutes was suspended according to my logs. I wasn't doing anything to keep the AFK system from kicking me out and the AFK system wasn't even given time to do so. When I opened a ticket about it they unsuspended the account the next day without offering any sort of explanation.

I was not sent a tell and there was not anything said in SAY. I checked the logs just to make sure and there was definitely no contact to me prior to this suspension.

Fast forward to earlier today - I was playing both of my accounts in The Deep. On one character I was pulling [on my cleric] and on the other I was mostly just chilling and chatting with people in guild chat, /say, etc. I was in the middle of typing a response to a friend when I got "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED". I tried signing back in and was immediately told I was suspended "for cheating".

On the 3rd - I get it - technically I was AFK playing the game because I fell asleep at the computer. I was 100% willing to eat that suspension. I didn't open a petition asking them to reverse it - but just to elaborate on why I was suspended when nobody tried to verify I was actually AFK. If I had missed a tell from a GM I'd not have even opened the petition.

Today - I really don't get it. I was actively playing on both characters and BOOM one of them gets suspended. I once again checked my logs to make sure I did not miss anything from a GM and I do not see anything in the logs. I was actively conversating with several people on that account when the suspension came in.

I opened a petition asking about this and the status updated after about 3 hours but no response has been supplied.

This really just feels like GMs are taking action on petitions without actually investigating them first. I'm all for GMs enforcing the game rules but something feels wrong about this.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

You don't box, do you? I'm going to put this as simply as I possibly can, because you don't seem to get it. I pull on my tank, because I'm some sort of weirdo, and that requires me to be away from my group, and looking at her screen, if a GM shows up at my group, and sends a /say message I'm not going to see it because I'm away from my group and out of /say range. Now, I happen to have audio triggers set up for when people send my other characters a tell. I'm at the computer, and I'm paying attention to my screen, like you keep saying, but because GMs are doing AFK checks in /say there's a good possibility I won't see them, and because I still truebox, even on Rizlona, I may hit a spell or ability on one of my other characters without even looking...

Do you see now, why "Just pay attention to your screen" is not a cure-all?
    Judor likes this.
  5. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

This is sad. Who are you on Rizlona?
  6. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Your problem is you are trying to talk sense to someone who:

A. Probably doesn't even play on Rizlona.
    B. Seeths with jealously over boxers, and by default is going to criticize and harass them at any opportunity.
    C. Has no skin in the game, and thus has no problem when others get screwed over because it doesn't effect them at all.

In the military we referred to such people as Blue Falcons.
  7. RoxorsBoxors New Member

Half of my accounts got hit today on Rizlona, exact same time as the rest of the posts. One of the accounts was my trader account which only has a level 1 character who is posted in the Bazaar in 'trader mode'. The other suspended ones I was playing in ME farming shards with the rest of my crew and 'poof'. I struggle through killing the gorgana that were still in camp with my toons that were not disconnected. Zero 'say' messages on my toons that stayed in game (I have a separate window with color filtering). There is no consistency in what happened, nor have I any idea as to 'WHY' I was suspended. My accounts are always logged on together and in the same zone.. well except for my Bazaar trader. I have not changed my habits or activities and I have been on Rizlona since launch. 'Cheating' is such a vague response.. it is total BS. I am hoping CS lets me know exactly what I did wrong because as far as I am aware I am following all of the rules in the TSA and I have been very careful to maintain a good presence on my server to avoid toxicity.
  8. Lejaun Augur

I'm not sure you understood the point. I'll elaborate. Someone sent him a log to "prove" they didn't cheat. My point was that it is easy to manipulate a log (to show you weren't cheating or to show that someone was cheating).
  9. Lejaun Augur

I do box, actually. It's not that hard to pay attention to the screen.
  10. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I played from Kunark to TBS and had a pristine record. The same with Mangler and Aradune, until a suspension came out of no where. I asked for an explanation (yes RoxorsBoxors, "cheating" is vague at best) and received an arrogant reply saying basically suck it. I sent 2 folllow up emails and was ignored.

WE had a guy train us and wipe us three times today. He was still on hours after we reported him. Maybe next time we should say he's AFK farming
  11. Lejaun Augur

Yep. Search text, delete text. Done. "Oh look, the GM never contacted me."
  12. Lejaun Augur

Nope, I don't. I box. Oops. Oh, and I also play the game. I'm not hanging out in the EQ forums with an All Access tag because I'm a big DCUO or WoW player.

It's simple. Pay attention to your screen, don't cheat. Don't get banned.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Been there, done that. Not hard. I don't AFK play, so I don't get banned / suspended. Simple.
  14. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

It's entirely possible somebody did that, it's also entirely possible they didn't.

I've had my secondary account get knocked offline without a say or tell twice. It is up to you whether you believe me or not.

I have had one interaction with a GM prior where the GM sent me a tell saying they were a GM and asking if I was there. I responded I was and they told me to have a great day. This a few months ago.

On February 3rd I did fall asleep at the computer while playing and I don't deny it. What I found most interesting was that they did not send me a tell or say anything in /say prior to suspending me. The suspension did get reversed the next day which is unusual from what I understand.

Earlier today while 2-boxing my secondary account got suspended again. I was actively playing and hadn't missed any /say or /tells. I did check my logs to make sure but again - you don't have to believe me.
  15. Lejaun Augur

A. I play on both Rizlona and Aradune. Oops. You were wrong.
    B. I box myself and am not jealous of them. Oops. You were wrong.
    C. I play and am invested in the game. Oops. You were wrong. I also haven't reported anyone for AFK boxing in......ever maybe.

P.S. I probably have more time in the military than you, not that it matters.
  16. yerm Augur

Do you now?

Your bias is obvious and your responses are pathetic. You just hate mass boxing and the people who do it and wish them ill. Go find somewhere else to troll, man.
    Nessirfiti and RaynTheLion like this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Nope. I think I'll stay here and am only stating the truth. Sorry you feel offended that people who AFK play get suspended.
  18. yerm Augur

I didn't see your ps I'm in the military reply. Your trolling is A++ and approved. Carry on good sir.
  19. Nessirfiti Augur

What part of We don't object to people actually AFKing being caught do you not understand, My objection is the way they attempt to determine if you are afk, It brings way too many false positives.
    William Blackstone wrote,"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer."
  20. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Who are you on Rizlona? Level/name?

How many do you box?

You probably don't get this much attention very often do you?
  21. Lejaun Augur

So obsessed. Sorry, think I'll keep that info to myself so I don't have to worry about you trying to train or grief me on a spare account.