WHERE DID MY OVERSEER PACKS GO?!?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yerm, Feb 18, 2021.

1. yerm Augur

I have extreme short term memory problems, which is why I enjoy playing on TLPS ad nauseum. Having a giant wall of yellow text EVERY SINGLE TIME that I zone reminding me that overseer was removed is extremely helpful for me but it's not even close to sufficient! I need you to not only bombard me with this message, I also need it as a pop up when I log into my characters similar to the ara/riz ruleset one, and I need it spammed every few minutes just like the tipsy gnome races. Hopefully this is enough.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Nolrog Augur

3. yerm Augur

I like you, sir, but there's no way you actually read my post.

I got a ton of flack for complaining about the Brad memorial spam and asking it to be sunset. I thought the world of that man and deeply questioned even making the post when I did asking them to stop spamming about it because it had became a running joke after a while. This one is the same spammy functionality but is twice as long and nowhere near as important or meaningful. Whoever is putting in alerts that appear EVERY time you zone needs to knock that off; there's no way you actually play the game because you'd see just how obnoxious it becomes if you did. This particular message has no business appearing more than a single time per game session, if that.

If none of that moves you... please remove the yellow spam from servers that don't even have overseer on them yet.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I did. You asked where your overseer packs went. They went into /itemoverflow.
  5. niente Developer

Message of the day is gone - the script finished running. Sorry it was so long, I didn't realize it would show up every time you zone (yes, it is annoying, and probably shouldn't do that). Yerm, I have played EQ with you before, you are a great necromancer. But I have also had the distinct displeasure of listening to you disparage me (Niente) while playing. This type of post / behavior discourages developers from playing the game, interacting on the forum, and making positive changes suggested by players, which we should be encouraging instead.
    Skuz, Dythan and OldCa61 like this.
  6. Rogean Lorekeeper

Yerm, I have played EQ with you before, you are a great cleric. But is it that hard to look past some yellow text that only shows up when you zone? :(
  7. Febb Augur

I think we all need to remind yerm in game of where these packs can be found.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Adventure dogs is recruiting, Yerm isn't here
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Should anyone ever see a developer playing EQ they should treat them just like any other player and not bother them with anything. Should you have something you think they need to know about EverQuest, post in the forums or, if you need to contact them directly, send them a private message on the forums.

The last thing we ever want to do is discourage the developers from playing EQ. Goodness knows there are way too many times when I come across bugs or annoying aspects of EQ and wonder if the developers ever play the game because these annoyances continue to exist.

Let's encourage them to play more so maybe these game issues will be noticed by them and get fixed.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PFFFT I have seen way more annoying things than the overseer message.

Gnome race spam....there is a reason I enjoy eating Gnomes so much & it's not just that they are super-tasty! If there is Gnome Spam I am gonna eat Gnomes until I find the source of the Spam, Spam gets you eated by a big narsty Ogre.

@Niente - I'm sorry you had to listen to that just know most players would never disparage any of the devs, I myself may have said certain team decisions were bad or even stupid but that doesn't mean I think any of the team are.

Attack ideas, not people.
    Beimeith likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

Point taken. I apologize. I should have AT LEAST asked nicely before going molten, if not just avoid the toxic rants entirely. Thank you for the fix. At the end of the day I do actually appreciate the work you guys do or I wouldn't still be here kicking around.
    Skuz and Fanra like this.