Mercenary healing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

Sucks big time.
    I should not, as a beastlord, help my merc heal my warder on a blue con wurm in skyshrine.

They need a lot of help.

I posted in the wrong thread for this rant and asked to have it deleted
  2. Zamiam Augur

um if your talking about skyshrine in CoV .. lets have some info ..
    what lvl are you ? are you using lvl 113 pet .. are you using the defense buff on your pet ..
    what pet focus do you have ?
    are your fortification AA's for pet maxed for lvl ..
    are your merc AA's maxed for healing .. do you have all the healing merc gear (vigilant) ..
    do you have the promised heal's blocked on your pet and the hot ? so merc only casts straight heals on pet ..
    even then I would expect to maybe have to throw a heal or 2 on my pet .. if only using 1 healer merc ..
    fighting mobs in current expansion is working as intended .. its not suppose to be a cake walk .. your not a tank .. your pet is not a replacement for a tank .. can your pet tank, yes .. should it be as good as a tank NO ..
    I have a 115 bst that I solo'd molo'd most the way to 115 .. if I didnt have to heal my warder on current content trash mobs I would think mercs were OP ..
  3. Bazuker New Member

Zone lag is the most influential factor in merc's healing of the warder.
    A typical scenario: my MT beastlord pulls a mob with a Slow and has 100% aggro (as indicated under mob HP bar in my Target window), then when mob approaches the camp I send my warder to tank. And here is what happens in a low-lag zone, with a dozen or less people in it: the warder taunts and my aggro drops to 30-40-50% range in a fraction of a second. All is good now. The warder will tank , hold the aggro and merc will heal it just fine (on trash mobs, of course).
    Now, when the zone is laggy (30-40-50 ppl) here is what happens: after my warder attacks my aggro stays at 100%, while my warder's aggro jumps to 115-130-160 % . Obviously - a nonsense. This is a major tell-tale sign for me. I know - it is laggy, the mercenary will slack, I have to watch my aggro, heal my warder and in general - gonna be a troubled fight.
    And my "ping-delay" indicator still shows same 90 ms lag, and 100% server connect. The lag is on server side, not in the network.

It has happened over and over again. If my target's aggro indicator shows erratic numbers - my healer merc will slack in a major fasion. It aggro indicator acts reasonaly - my merc will heal the warder fine.
    And it was so before with EM23 earring lvl 112 warder and current EM28 lvl 114 warder. It varies from mob to mob in the same camp. Only factor which affect mercenary efficiency - lag of the zone. At least fr me.
  4. Malbro Augur

Level 115 BST
    Level 114, enhanced minion earring 28
    All AAs maxed
    20 years playing the class so I know what I can and cannot do.
    Yes, vigilant gear for the merc. Yes on the promised heals
  5. Jokskilove Palzerker

The fact alone that you need to block certain spells to make your merc even remotely functional should be enough evidence that they need adjustment
    Arcolin, Allayna, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Merc healers aren't clerics.
    Wdor, Arcolin, Duder and 3 others like this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

aye , mercs are not a replacement for clerics or real healer classes .. even a boxed healer can outheal a merc healer..
    if a mage or bst have to assist with their pets for a few heals (with a healer merc).. then imho the game is working as intended ..

You didn't say if you were using 1 healer merc or 2 .. or if you were using your warders defensive spell 111 Horasugs protection or something like that for trash mobs I wouldnt think you would need to use the defensive spell usually use that for multi pulls or named ..

EM 28 ? that raid focus .. if your raid focused and raid geared then i would think there is something else wrong maybe like Bazuker says its part lag also with a mix of mercs sucking :p
    mercs can do some wonky things .. don't rely on them .. all i can say .. get yourself a box'd healer .. you can still use a merc healer but at least you have a backup ..

mercs are fine .. they are wonky at times .. they should not be a replacement for a real healer.. if your relying on a merc for heals and you die you have nobody to blame but yourself .. boxing a free healer is well FREE and better than a merc ..
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Zamiam, mercenaries exist for a reason.
  9. Zamiam Augur

aye , they make great speed bumps ..
    KrakenReality likes this.
  10. Annastasya Augur

.........is already too good.
    Duder likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Merc healers heal me fine and have in almost all group content for like the past 12 years. They are probably way too good as is, honestly.
  12. Marton Augur

3 mercs = 1 average cleric.

Not going to say that mercs are utter trash but yes, they could use some improvement.
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

The healer mercs heal as well as the dps mercs dps and the tank mercs tank.
    They are meant to replace one person in a group when the group loses a key role.

They are not meant to be half a group.
    Wdor and Arcolin like this.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

I always love these Merc feedback threads. You get a bunch of people talking about how they're good enough and not meant to be good enough to replace players, while at the same time running 3-6 box accounts, lol.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Dropfast Augur

I agree to a point on both sides but like Marton said, it takes 3 healer mercs to even get nearly the same healing a single player. IMO it shouldn't take 3 mercs just to get "ok" healing. Not to mention even with 3 healer mercs their are still times when they just stand their and let me die. (server lag getting worse every year)

I'm not saying they should be great and as good as a player but they most certainly need a descent bump. They seem to be getting worse each expansion, falling ever slowly behind due to many factors.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

How many dps mercs does it take to match your dps?
  18. Jokskilove Palzerker

You can get by with killing slower - you can't kill much while you're dead
    Zinth, Barton, Cadman and 1 other person like this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

If you aint blocking certain heals you are years late in the game. That has been a thing since they practically invented mercs. This expansion the mobs hit like trucks and have a load of HP which makes it more likely you will take a bad round sooner or later. (because of the longer fights)
    Wdor and Skuz like this.
  20. Zevran New Member

Are you using an othimir or a restless ry'gorr merc? Unless these were fixed in a recent patch, they don't crit heal.