No Fix Planned Sontalak Raid (CoV)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Feb 7, 2021.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

We didn’t have the leash yesterday, and while the aura did path around very erratically, it never just stopped moving outright. It seems to get hung up in a few spots in its circle where it can move in a clunky but mostly predictable manner, on luclin. Our main tank did get banished once but it didn’t leash.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Now its been confirmed as a bug, any ETA on a fix?
  3. CrimsonDestiny New Member

Easy fix : Root Sontalak ! Then the catastrophic pathing in this area (known since old TOV) is no longer an issue. And I do not think this breaks any of the desired features of the raid.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Rolaque Ancient

Just make Sontalak about 25% of his current size. Not sure what it would actually accomplish, other than being another worthless stab at fixing whatever.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There is no excuse for leashing. That is on your tank. Why would you ever have the dragon move in the first place? Leave it in the same spot and rotate it.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Well....I mean...I understand what you're saying. But blaming the tank for poor pathing? That's a bit much. Sometimes the zone lag causes the tank to move too far. Then the dragon follows and has a chance to leash because bad pathing. It's CLEARLY a bug.

While you're at it, why don't you yell at the clouds? omg
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If your tank can't reverse spin tank...that's like a standard eq raid strat, so can't tell you what to say. The dragon should never move forward, just turn. Expecting pathing to be fixed is a fools errand.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In as much as I get what you're saying, when the dragon can move one pixel off its spawn and then path and leash on a RAID? It's bugged. Nothing else to say.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Sontalak deciding to rubberband across the zone without moving, leash, and wipe the raid -- broken.
    Also fix the aura or just remove it as a part of the raid.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This event is getting worse, he ran off East tonight for no reason.....

Can we go back to the mechanics of Alaris and go back to jumping out of windows? Thats how this raid is making me feel. Though having something to throw might be nice as well.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Willing to try anything at this point. The frustration is palpable.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Is it possible someone is using a push ability (maybe something random actually lands on it, most things seem to not work, even divine stun won't push him) and pushes it juuuusssttt a bit the wrong way, hits the pathing issue and he does the run for the hills thing?
  13. German Augur

Never seen this guy move until tonight. I thought he was rooted. Tonight was just a oops he moved a bit and surprised me and asked what happened but nothing adverse. I'd say root him, I don't see a reason to move him at all.

70% down to 0 is pretty much the same thing over and over and over until you're just ready for the fish tank to catch fire. (every mechanic but one has been seen by this point)

Burning this down because you can (lag, DPS, whatever) is not because the event is hard, just because doing it the way its intended is too much work. Statue beam achievement will be the hardest to get in expansion for most.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Drakes decided to go visit the corridor as well last night. Tanks are banned from using levi.

This area is just awful for pathing.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue happening as of the 03/10 update?
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

He took off and leashed on Luclin last night. No discernable reason.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Happened to us last night, twice. First time, he went Northeast along the cliff. Second time, he went south down the stairs.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Yes. I'm guessing you guys did zero quality control on this. Just root Sontalak in place and fix the problem.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Ratalthor Developer

We believe that any outstanding issues with Sontalak leashing is related to lag. We don't have any more specific fixes planned for this issue.