Test Update 02/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Kelset Elder

Ouch!
    But even the 3% hurts when I'm already challenged to do the COV missions outside of Zland with 2 wizards as my main dps.
    Petalonyx and kizant like this.
  2. kizant Augur

You have to block a few spells to avoid the charm break problem. After that it's very reliable. And charm pets have been about tanking and not DPS for a really really long time now.
  3. scaethach Scholar

Every time I've done it in the last 2 expacs, the extreme low DPS of the charmed pet has meant they have almost no agro capabilities :( They can't taunt and it's slower/riskier than just molo tanking myself. Just speaking from a balance perspective, I think lumping enchanters in with soloability from necros and mages is a wild leap.
    RPoo and Skuz like this.
  4. Hegsheoshed Augur

You bring up a point that many are overlooking. The Burning Rapier. No rogue should ever have to do the Burning Rapier unless it is to replace the first one quested if they want to have one for posterity, or posteriors. The Burning Rapier is also needed for the Rogue Master Sketch so they can also learn the recipes for each individual sketch. I have done the Burning Rapier 3 times each on 3 different rogues because of the whole learning recipes to get to 350 skill. Just because I did it doesn't necessarily mean others should have to also. Just like no one should have to eat food that is going to disagree with them because children are starving in Africa or China. Nothing like forcing people with IBS to eat what they know will make them miserable.

For whatever reason I have 7 Blackburrow casks stashed away. I may or may not use them to replace that which I once had and didn't do all the recipes from the first 4 sketches and then destroyed the Master Sketch to do it all over again because recipes to learn. I won't sell them. Go get your own Blackburrow casks.

At the very least the dagger quested from the robes shouldn't drop. Both dropping was Kendrick throwing rogues a bone because they had it the roughest as far as getting a weapon that did decent damage. Or change the requirement for the Burning Rapier in the epic to another weapon. They already ruined the Rantho Rapier when they changed it from 2 hand slash to piercing so maybe that one. Nice and easy and rogues don't want it as much now that it's not 2HS.
    Zish likes this.
  5. Zish Elder

Too late now.

Nerfing a 1.0 epic quest for absolutely no reason.

This is such a weird timeline.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yinla likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

Their aggro has gotten worse but it might be related to lag getting worse as well. DPS wise enchanters definitely fall way behind necros and mages and it is a lot easier tanking with say a mage pet and having swarms to go along with it than it is a charm pet. Even if the mage has to heal they're going to do more DPS than the enchanter solo.
  7. Mossaa Augur

The reason Mages have better dps than Enchanter when using pet is because Mages make such good Adps support and have superior runes they use. They also have nice crowd control such as slow, mesmerize, memblur. They also have superior spells they can use to buff other people like haste and spell regen. And so on.
  8. Tegila Augur

Far as lag goes, whaen *I* see the most lag, is the INSTANT a Merc is popped. I can play full crew with my buddy's full crew(11 total) and have zero lag, unless I decide to spawn swarmpets from several toons at once.., but when he wants to play lazy and drops 2 of his toons to replace with mercs...I can barely move. We don't do this often but I noticed it the very first time and every time since. Same deal, if it's just my crew and I pop mercs for buffs or a tougher named or whatever... instant lagspike until I put them away.

There really isn't a logical reason that a Merc that does less stuff and isn't wearing armor ornaments etcetc, causes a bunch of lag when a PC with procs and all isn't. Maybe procs add to server lag, but there's definitely SOMEthing wrong with mercs too.
  9. kizant Augur

The charm pet nerfs had nothing to do with mages. Enchanters aren't even considered a pet class.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. Bussfire New Member

All casters need a boost, not just Wizards. Yes, if you're able to AE on raids, Magician's can net some nice DPS however, single target it isn't even close to melee.

This isn't or shouldn't be a discussion of Wiz Vs Mage. It should be about how these changes are effecting Casters are a whole a lot more negatively, than hybrids/melee classes.

It would be nice if all casters receieved an upgrade to put them in a more competitive situation. They could give Magician's Elemental Union back, for example. The current form is simply underwhelming unless you're able to AE.

Maybe they could create an AA for Wizards that increases damage under Twincast, this would give Wizards a stronger burn, which has been their forte in the past.
    Thundastruk and Leex like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think to discuss that actual new parsing should be done rather than hypothetical theorycrafting.
    Skuz and kizant like this.
  12. kizant Augur

From my logs it looks like Rangers are impacted more than some casters. They have a sympathetic proc rate on burns similar to Wizards and their DPS is pretty low right now. Then you have a class like Necros which even if they lost 5% to 8% DPS to the change they'd still be competing for #1 since they do so much to begin with.
    Skuz and Derka like this.
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Let's set aside the theorycrafting and talk about what we can see via parses.

Casters ( excluding Necromancers ) are below where they have been compared to melee, for the last decade or so. Re-creating Elemental Union for Magician's would be a smart step to enhancing Mage damage. As Bussfire stated, Thaumaturge's focus is very underwhelming in it's current state. Yes, it's great IF you can AE however, most guilds do not allow you to AE.

I'm not going to make any suggestions regarding Wizards, I believe there are a few good idea's already posted here.

Obviously this patch has reduced a lot of classes power, I'm an advocate of boosting, not reducing power.

Hopefully the devs agree there is an issue with the reduction of damage, and intend to give us some blessings ;) . It does look that way, we'll see if they actually implement anything to offset what they've reduced.
    Thundastruk likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

Re-creating an extremely broken and over powered ability is last thing that they should do in EQ. Like you said, let's wait on parses. If they can fix lag you'll get a nice increase in DPS without them having to buff anything.
    menown likes this.
  15. Leex Pewpewer

There was an iteration of Elemental Union that did not stack with what is now Heart of Skyfire, that would be excellent to add back to the game.

Seeing as lag is still terrible, I don't feel it would be as "broken" as you're trying to make it out to be.
    Bussfire and Thundastruk like this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If you're looking for feedback, Sunday raids on one of your most lag filled servers, Bristlebane was a positive experience. You should feel rewarded for your efforts. The drop off in damage for most dps classes looks like the lessening of game lag bridged the gap better than I expected if I'm being honest. Whatever you may consider as far as increasing proc damage will help us to get a little closer to where we all were.

There certainly was game lag, it showed the most on spell gem refreshes. The spell gems were like 2ish seconds global cool down time on average. That's an improvement, but lag spikes could cause a few of the 4 or 5 sec gem refreshes to occur every so often.

I live in NH. I'm trapped behind NY and MA where people actually live. I will always lag more than most players. It was far less awful an experience tonight for me. This is a very encouraging start to the work you guys are doing to help fix game lag. I'll be honest, the game has been down right not fun at times with the crippling lag. This fix to me is the most reason to be optimistic about EQ in the last 11 or so months, for many reasons out of Dark Paws control. Keep it up guys/gals.
  17. Thundastruk Elder

I'll make a post on the lag on BB, looking at vids from other servers. these guilds arent even coming close to what we experience on BB its insane to what they "think" is lag. come play on BB then go back to your server and let me know how much better it is ;p <3 This new patch "helped" and i put quotes because it did in some sense. It did reduce lag yeah sure. Bumped some people's dps down yeah sure. Upped some others dps/guild dps yeah sure. But get 15-20 minutes into an instance and its lag fest all over again. Events where there are 2 targets in same zone, that first event goes smooth. Second event people start saying in guild chat. Lag etc. Just my 2cents and my opinion. BUT a good step FORWARD i will say. Xegony probably got the best of the servers right now looking at streams etc. Last lag less raid i was on was over a year ago before coming to BB. And i before i get trolled! i play on a decent setup so its not on my end! ;p
  18. Piemastaj Augur

Crusaders and Zlandicar were atrocious tonight in terms of lag. Definitely something to do with certain instances, because WW and ToV were quite smooth. Our server is just as bad as the rest of them....
    RPoo, kizant and Sancus like this.
  19. Sancus Augur

Do you perhaps have a recording of the unique Bristlebane lag that you describe?

Edit: And just for clarity, as someone who raids on four servers actively, Xegony is not better (and I would say is arguably worse than) those servers. What you likely see is selection bias where people from Xegony who post videos are more likely to post the one-off instances where raids are less laggy, rather than the norm with lag (which substantially reduces DPS, and therefore creates a disincentive to record/post).
  20. Moege Augur

You are wasting your time, I have a rogue at 350 without doing the master sketch.