Mercenary healing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Malbro, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

Sucks big time.
    I should not, as a beastlord, help my merc heal my warder on a blue con wurm in skyshrine.

They need a lot of help.
    Wulfhere, Skuz and Zamiam like this.
  2. Malbro Augur

Disregard, wrong thread as it is not a bug and I can't delete it.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just to give you a few pointers on this, Merc healers cast a promised mending line spell, block that on yourself & your warder & you will have a way easier time, It's this spell that often gets the target with it killed.

Also worth considering is blocking their Heal over Time spell.
    Their direct healing is just about okay, but the promised buff will stop them from healing whatever they casted it on until it triggers and the Heal over Time spell is pretty weak and if they cast that when you are at low health - happens way more than it should - then you are probably not going to live to get their next heal.

The promised line should probably just be removed from merc healers, pretty much everyone blocks it anyway knowing it will get them killed, changing the merc healer AI so it will check your hp and heal you even with promised on is probably not going to happen.
  4. Warpeace Augur

They need to create a section of blocked buffs just for mercs. I can normally trust a player to use those lines and adapt with patch heals if needed...merc = RIP
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  5. Knifen Augur

Your not by chance using the merc healer from ToV or CoV are you? The restless or or othimir?
  6. Zamiam Augur

the restless Ry`gorr and the othimir need to be looked at .. Devs .. take one of them to a ToV zone or heck any EoK zone on up and see if you have a hard time living .. I would suggest you take a non self healing toon with said mercs above to an EoK or RoS zone pull a few mobs and see if the dang merc heals like he should .. btw i'll be in GL when you need a rez ..

PS do not disregard this post .. im gonna like it so maybe ya'll will take a look at it ..
  7. Malbro Augur

Using a halfling healer merc on both my main and the alt.
  8. Knifen Augur

That I have no help to offer on, are you running it on reactive?
  9. Malbro Augur

Yep
  10. Angahran Augur

Why would the appearance of the merc cause any difference in how it performs ?
    I know EQ coding is basically held together with duct tape and string but it would seem logical to simply create each of the 4 types of merc, healer, tank, melee dps, caster and all the different levels of each and then simply have a field that specifies what look to display.

If they are duplicating the entire merc system for each different appearance that seems like a huge waste of resources.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

they are not healing correctly ..