Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Ishbu Augur

I just want an event server. The player base feels burned out on the classic era starts cookie cutter option right now and needs a break from the krono farm. The most interesting thing Ive seen in EQ in a long while was the first AoW kill when Selo's launched, maybe try and make some sort of event server capitlizing on the excitement players had for the rush/fight for a target like that such as every 6 weeks the next 3 expansions unlock and the player base can race to be the first to down the new top end boss.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Hey everyone. Just tossing in my 2 copper.

Some background.
    I played Live server from 2001 to 2006. Raided PoP, Gates, Anguish, Demi, Some of PoR.... Had to quit for Work reasons. (Couldnt do 6 nights of raids anymore).

Came back when EQ had a 51/50 server (Start at 51 with 50aa and Full intricate defiant). Can't recall the server but it was fun. Good starting place for someone like me who had played until 75ish.

Quit again, came back again in like 2009 with the Mercs so I could play one character with a healer or tank merc. Was fun, tried out a shaman, tried out a berzerker.

Quit again, came back for Fippy TLP right when they were in PoP (or Omens) cant recall exactly. Enjoyed raiding the same stuff again. Time/Tacvi/Anguish/Demi etc.

Quit again and then came back for Ragefire TLP Fresh in 2015.

I missed the EARLY stage of the game. And I know it's not identical, as even during my time playing in and out, i noticed big changes. Freeport isn't freeport of old. Oasis of Mar is gone. Similar feel, new look. But The game felt more like 2001 when I was messing around so I raided the Old world content.

Raided Kunark.
    Raided Velious
    Raided Luclin.

All of those areas I had BEEN to but much later and was finally raiding "In-era".

It was a fun experience.

I re-raided through PoP, Gates, Omens, etc etc.

THEN We hit the newer stuff, that I had missed out on. Frostcrypt/Ashengate, Solteris, Crystallos, Tower (Void), Underfoot (Convorteum).

WOW. The events in Underfoot are WAAAAY more fun than some of the older raids.

I'd say that if you've ONLY raided until Gates/Omens like I had, and you enjoyed those, then you will absolutely enjoy raiding the newer expacs. You just don't understand them yet. They're scary, they're new, they're complex.

I'm very excited to go into House of Thule soon on Ragefire because it's NEW to me. I have no desire to launch into LIVE again and hope to see HoT zones. I want to see them in-era. experience the zones like they were when they first came into the game. Experience the raids.

It's the journey for me.

I've journeyed through Classic-Underfoot and every raid in between at some point in my EQ career. I would say that if you find a guild you like, stick it out. There are fun events later on.

Worst Raiding zones ever: Prophecy of Ro. If we could delete that abomination, including the revamped zones it created, it would be for the best.

I do miss Old Freeport.
  3. Zinth Augur

I miss old Freeport too... It's still in a monstermission, but it just isn't the same as meeting at NFP bank for trades...

I sadly didn't raid Underfoot... I missed out on it on Phinny due to a "break" but Frostcrypt and Ashengate was loads of fun, Crystallos is an experience and definetly not a bad one, it just feels "grand".

I also got to experience CoTF onwards til RoS, raids get tougher in RoS, they can be frustrating, especially if you are in a "rush" on TLP servers, so less time to gear up etc. and gear HELPS.

PS. PoR SUCKS!
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't decide whether I hate PoR or DoN more.
  5. Zinth Augur

always liked it, but I mostly played it as a grouper... know there is more than the creator mission, then there is plenty to do... the raids weren't terribad when we did em on TLP *shrug* PoR just sucked both grp and raidwise
  6. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

DoN at least felt more like "LDON 2.0" where you farmed missions for gear or augs. The raid progression was fun, but after you did everything below Vish/Yar Lir, you didnt need to do them again and again.

Vish was fun and busy and I liked that there wasn't a 45minute add-clearing to get to him. Just Zone in, and PARTY TIME!!!

EGG NORTH!
    EGG SOUTH!
    EGG MIDDLE!

Get out your 2hb!
  7. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

PoR. 100%. even the raid zones were misery. Hated it in 2005 on Live, hated it during Ragefire's run.

I think alot of MY hate comes from the un-necessary revamp of certain zones "Just because" they wanted to update graphics. But those zones lost alot of the nostalgic feel to them.

It really is a weird feeling to zone from an OLD zone into a revamped zone. Like stepping into a different world.
  8. Zinth Augur

pst hint... play pally :D easy peasy... tank little drake thingies whole fight... enjoy... maybe once or twice on some raids run get a cure... win tadaa
  9. Warkral New Member

Fair enough!
  10. Gnomie Denser than most

Yeah I stopped playing through PoR; played for like a week and hated it. Came back in SoF.
  11. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Man what a miserable test bed for Destructible doors etc. Sverag felt like i stepped into EQ2.... The gear is not really an upgrade, no reason to go there over Demi/Anguish. Sure you get some Clickies but man, alot of pain for a little reward.... I won't fault any guild that decides to skip those events and wait for TSS to launch instead.
  12. Zinth Augur

there were a rune aug... that was pretty much all there was to go for in that pathetic expansion... and destructible doors was so lame
  13. Triconix Augur

I will agree that PoR was probably one of, if not the, worst expansions in EQ. The progression and flagging still doesn't seem coherent and linear to me. It's like some makeshift nonsense quickly assembled together.

However, there definitely are clear upgrades in the expansion. Multiple augs from across all the raid zones/events. Circle clickies were released at this expansion I believe? Deathknell is forgettable, but it allows for another option for gearing some more scarce and highly sought after items - non visibles. Most people are going to have a mix of GOD-DP gear so the jump from GOD to POR would be substancial enough to warrant raiding there.

Back when it was live, guilds began to drop Tacvi raids from their schedule and primarily do CoA, DP, Vish, DK. While I think it would be silly, some guilds on TLP could even think about dropping COA and just doing DP, Vish, and focus on more POR targets like Razorthorn, Suchun, Daosheen, ToB, etc. It may be recommended to drop COA until DK is on farm status to give guilds extra time to focus on beating those raids. Haven't done POR in 14/15 years so I'm not sure of what the learning curve is on TLPs with greater player power.

I do remember that once TSS comes out, DK, is dropped pretty quicky (and I don't blame them). This was a fairly rare phenomenon to drop just last expansion's top end zone completely. I think my guild dropped DK and just used DP/COA for apps/new member gearing because the effort level to get people into DK was just a pain in the a**.

Looking back, it's kind of cool how integral some end zones were for so long. CoA/DP essentially replaced potime as the primary farming targets for guild apps and new members for many expansions after it's inception. Meanwhile you have abominations like DK being totally forgotten within a 6-12 month span.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Thunn Journeyman

Really not interested in playing again after all the toxic players that are allowed to run loose on Aradune
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

stick around past PoP & most of those will have departed for the next TLP cesspool.
  16. Triconix Augur

This cannot be stated enough. The toxic zerg & krono bots will not last past POP because most everything becomes instanced. They cannot put strangleholds on key farming or progression targets.

It's amazing how many people complain about these people, but then follow them each and every TLP release like sheep being guided to water.
    Stymie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Zinth Augur

they whine about them, then buy the loot from them, every single round... so they feed the issue they whine about
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The forum users are a very small slice of the active players on any server, so I'd be inclined to think the ones who dislike the krono farming boxing & complain about it here probably aren't the same folks blowing loads on krono to buy that stuff, that'll be the silent majority doing that.

Only thing I really dislike about the Krono-farmers is how most of them are happy to just steamroll over other players to get their items, I don't really care if people roll up on TLP to farm Krono if they are behaving decently, but a lot do not (a few do).
    Then again from their perspective they probably just assume everyone is a krono farmer so its dog eat dog.
    I never was huge fan of early EQ anyway, while I saw some of the worst behaviour on Ragefire with all the mage armies I mostly avoided the money camps & did okay on gear from other places. I Skipped the early expansions on Phinigel entirely and only started playing here when GoD opened, by which time the vast majority of the Krono lords were long gone, there were a few "goat farmers" in Qvic of course but that didn't last long ether.
    So there is a definite upside to having started on a TLP server later on than most, despite the hardship involved in initially catching up.
  19. Triconix Augur

Most of the GoD raid content is behind an instance, but there are definite OW targets. Are there AoCs for them?

Trying to jog my memory, I believe Txevu was OW only, including the Zun'Muram in there needed for the signet of command. Qvic - Goats, Zoo, and Cyno - are OW only. I believe Primals in Yxtta (spelling?) are OW. The almighty CBQ which was essentially permacamped for the better part of a decade on live is definitely OW. There are some other miscellaneous unimportant ones I'm sure forgetting like Ferubi perhaps. I'm too lazy to look.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

All of those listed have AoCs; Txevu, CBQ, TM, Qvic, Yxtta. Goats are not guaranteed in AoC.