[Feedback] Raid/General Lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cragzop, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Well, the proc nerf is in and I know at least Township Rebellion raided tonight.

So ... how's lag?
  2. OldTime New Member

Tantor raid FPS was 70, till the rabbits then 5 FPS. lag was very bad, When ever rabbits were up FPS when way down
  3. Slasher Augur

I thought /afk fixed lag for people :rolleyes:
  4. Ninelder Augur

I wasn't willing to try to go out and play, the lag today is much worse than yesterday. I went to PoK to do TS stuff and actually had some rubber-banding moments there. I had guildees go out and try to adventure but they were never out long before they were back asking for rebuffs from dying to lag. I give this patch a big thumbs down.
  5. Sancus Augur

Proc changes were to address server lag, not client-side FPS lag.
    Zolav likes this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

To be honest, we don't see the soul crushing, server gripping lag on Aaryonar that some of you apparently do on a regular basis (we've seen it but maybe only one night). It seemed ok tonight. Since everything else is dead, no way to know how others will play out until Sunday.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I rubber banded a short bit once or twice on Tantor which was new for me. Klandicar on the other hand was fine in the same instance so may have just been my connection having a flaky moment.

It felt better to me in general but I think too early to say for sure since lag is usually fine for a couple of days after a server reset.
    adetia likes this.
  8. Slasher Augur

In 2021 how does anyone have FPS lag in EQ ? The game runs on integrated intel graphics in a raid without lag. #1 cause of lag is having /log on for gina people need to filter stuff they have no need for unless they're parsing like other misses other and other damage other and dots and spell damage and spell crits turn all that to mine only or hide if you're not parsing and no lag for most people.

If people are experiencing fps lag in EQ maybe its time to retire that 2001 dell they bought at 15.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

On a nice freshly rebooted server last night... Kland got to 10% and stayed locked for almost 30s before the mini's showed their faces. This was on our casual raids that don't burn / use all their abilities near as well as the main raids. I hope this isn't a sign of things being worse than before, and sacrificing some DPS in the process.
  10. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Overall server lag seems to be a bit better, but that could just be due to the server reboot.

DPS however, seems to have taken a 10% - 20% hit with the proc changes...
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Last night had some noticeable chat lag, which really doesn't (or isn't supposed to) have anything to do with procs.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Running @4k resolution can still tax a modern GPU causing FPS lag.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I didn't notice any lag last raid. :)
    We did Tantor and Zlandicar.

Im on AB.