Pre-emptive TEB beat Luclin in XX days post

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Lejaun Augur

Under that definition, neither is beating VT or anything else, but people seem to be happy with it.

Also, its fun to see people who look down on older raids, as if they were some amazing superstar EQ player. If we based everyone's skill level on how much they bag on TLP raids, everyone here is apparently an Einstein level of EQ genius who has never made a mistake in the game.
  2. Fohpo Augur

I'm just being brutally honest, I enjoy TLP and raiding but trying to suggest that the content isn't a joke is naïve at best.
  3. Lejaun Augur

Sounds like you haven't challenged yourself much, if you consider the content a joke. Try using lower numbers of raiders, many of whom haven't played for 10-15-20 years. People who don't scour the internet for every last raid strategy.

I mean we can all play it cool like we are EQ stars, but when you change the variables around, the content isn't quite so easy if you are running with a smaller group. I've seen top end guilds wipe when they start taking raids as a joke or think they can split the raid more than they really can.
  4. Triconix Augur

Self-imposed conditions to make content challenging is more than enough proof that the content completed under its intended design is easy. The natural, innate power increase of classes has resulted in content which was designed around original player power to become easy. This is objective fact, not subjective opinion.

Just because someone or some guild decides to neuter themselves to make content more challenging, it doesn't mean the content itself is challenging. A mile walk/run is fairly simple to do. However, if I tie my shoes together, it becomes considerably more difficult to accomplish. However, the mile walk/run wasn't intended to be done that way so it cannot be argued that a mile walk/run is difficult BUT only if you do X, Y, Z preconditions.
    Read above.

Calling VT content hard when there are events like Mearatas out there is laughable. Tank and spank enccounters are fundamentally simple and easy. The content nor classes are complex enough to be called difficult, especially now that you have modern tuning of classes fighting against original tuning of content. It's like walking into the Bronze Age with a bazooka.
  5. Lejaun Augur

No self-imposed situations, more of situations that a typical TLP guild goes through. It's laughable to gather a complete raid of people who have done multiple TLPs, who are decked out in end-game gear, who have done the raids 20+ times each, who have scoured the internet for walk-throughs and videos and then call the content too easy.

I've been guilded, grouped, and raided with some of these "top" players who call the content trivial. It's funny how many of them aren't that great of players and have been carried along by others. I've been guilded, grouped, and raided with some of the lower end guilds, and its funny how some of them are better players than the "top" ones.

One of the worst players I've ever known was part of one of those lower end guilds, and then they got the call-up to what is called the top guild. It's funny how that player instantly started acting as if they were suddenly good because their guild was successful.

No, the mechanics of raids at this time aren't the most complex, but it doesn't make them trivial either. We just think they are because many of us have been playing for years and have done the content over and over again or have the resources to do so, and we are overgeared and have a ton of people to smash through raids.

So we can all brag about how good we are at this game, but some of you aren't as good as you think you are.
  6. Triconix Augur

I mean...your posts are contradictory. First you say to challenge yourself by doing x, y, or z. Now it's no self-imposed challenges. Which is it?

I haven't done this content since it was current era. This is my first TLP. This content is easy for me as someone who hasn't done it in nearly 20 years. I was far too young and have done way too much in this game over the last 20 years to explicitly remember these early eras in terms of content, progression, raid encounters, etc. However, glossing over things quickly to refresh the old memory, it's easy content with very few mechanics or buttons to presses.

Do you just have an issue with someone calling the content you like easy? I'm sorry, but my warrior on Aradune has less total buttons than I have "mash" or rotational keys on live and that's a fact. Heck, I have more hate abilities on live than I have total abilities on Aradune. Seeing you with a warrior icon, I assume you're a warrior? Well, let's see. I have exactly zero SpA conflicts and stacking issues to worry about on Aradune while on live I have to think about over a dozen tools at my disposable that all share a half dozen SpAs while accounting for the event mechanics and how/when to use these abilities in both a preventative and reactionary style.

Raid events on live have 10, 20, 30 raid triggers while content right now on Aradune has a couple AEs that you simply have to step behind a wall to avoid or just continue dpsing through them because they are trivial. The game is just objectively easier on a TLP than it is live.

Content on TLP is easier than it was in its original form because of previously stated natural power increases and QOL changes. It's just a fact. This is a game of knowledge as Skuz says and there is just too much regarding these eras that it becomes trivialized. Strategies, guides, and gear is more accessible than ever. It's obviously going to make content designed to be unknown easier. Does that mean it's not fun? No, that's not what I'm saying. All I'm saying is you cannot objectively say that this content is difficult. It's more a time dedication than anything involving skill.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Call it contradictory all you want, if that makes you feel better. It's not hard to understand what I am saying and intending. It's a common strategy among people of this forum to try to attack someone's points by calling them contradictory.

There is no issue for me with "someone calling the content you like easy." For one, I never said I do or do not like the content. My argument stands: People can play the cool card about how great they are, but more than a few of those amazing players are riding the coattails of their guild and aren't always that good of players. I've seen some of the best players on low end guilds who never say a thing and some of the worst in the top guilds bragging about how good they are.

As for live content, we aren't talking about it so why even bring it up? We're not talking about a TLP vs Live content, or WoW, or any other game or anything else.

Fine, I'll admit it. The content is trivial. Trivial if you are coming in with an overabundance of raiders. People decked out in gear far better than what the era expected. Led by people who have scoured the internet for strategies forged by people 20 years ago and bolstered by experience of doing TLP after TLP. It's trivial when you have the answer key to the crossword puzzle pointing out where all the words all. Take some of those things away, such as sheer numbers, where you instead have to be near perfect in the raid to succeed, and suddenly its not so trivial and easy to those bragging it is. The people talking about how easy it is start looking silly when they have to rely on their playing skills more, no matter how few of them are available at this stage of the game.
  8. Triconix Augur

I mean, it is, but whatever. The typical TLP guild has more raiders than the guilds of old. The typical TLP guild is better equipped than the guilds of old. The typical TLP guild has more knowledge at their disposal than the guilds of old. So what exactly are the situations that a typical TLP guild will experience that makes this content difficult?

And what exactly are you trying to get at here? What does this have to do with stating the content is easy, especially compared to live content?

For the same reasons you seem to be talking about good vs bad players? It's a good comparison. For me, I'm used to live content and the difficulty scale of that. Stating content isn't easy in TLP, but giving no perspective is useless. From the perspective of live gameplay, this content is easy and simplistic, even for someone who hasn't done this content in close to two decades.

Again, what do you expect? People to just impose ignorance on themselves and walk into content blind? The biggest aspect of this game is the acquisition of knowledge. You seem to just want everyone tying their hands behind their back and trying to play football.

However, there are MANY thing besides knowledge that has led this content to be easier compared to what it was when it was released, which you seem to not accept. Natural player power is through the roof compared to what it once was, for example. QOL changes made gameplay better which assisted in more efficient playing (hello, discipline window, xtar, etc). Communication is better with VOI applications. Computer hardware and ISPs are better resulting in less client-side and server-side lag. Approved 3rd party applications are more prevalent (GINA, parsing tools, etc). All this adds up to make content easier. Content that was designed without many of these things.
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I have no skin in the game. I am addressing this thread. I can't dispute the babies got better loot and went for fastest AHR. Cool story? Congrats on using strats that us good players created circa early to mid 2002. It's awfully easy with /picks and DZs. With evolving rulesets on TLPs its not even impressive. None of this changes the facts at hand...

...beating AHR/Emp isn't defeating Luclin. They defeated VT first. They don't even get credit for defeating Ssra first since the Cursed clear was slow. So cool story. Hardly a winner of the expansion. If you call winning the expansion a consolation prize I don't think you understand the definition of "winner" and/or "consolation." Ergo, EQBabies did not beat Luclin first, as the OP intimated.

Plus I hear they are losing OW VT mobs these days and they bat phoned emp when emp wasn't even up because AM was doing an insig farm for players still needing them. Pro tip: If Blood of Ssra isn't up you can't trigger Emp.
  10. Machen New Member

Having run two of these sites, I can say it is not very likely that someone is going to fudge their dates. Why? Because anyone can just find someone from the guild in question and compare achievements. If someone is lying, literally anyone could easily bring it to the attention of the guy who runs the site, and it would be easily corrected.
  11. TLPman Augur

please tell me when TEQB lost an ow VT mob? emp was in window and AM was not farming insigs they where popsocking (cant saypoop i guess) emp window, if they where they where doing a really bad job because 3 named where up and we killed them.

for someone with with "no skin in the game" you seem to know a lot about nothing
  12. Ishbu Augur

I find it funny that you are talking about someone else knowing nothing despite your singular paragraph being completely incorrect in multiple ways.
  13. HicksAradune Augur

[IMG]

Sorry buddy , but first to kill AHR wins luclin, Its been that way since... well forever. Keep trying though <3
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Rules? Is this an official guiness book of world records entry? Congrats on making, what can only be described as, a poor looking website.
  15. Lejaun Augur

I don't think Hicks has anything to do with the making of that website.
  16. bardybard Augur

Lost Diabo Xi Va on Sat 2/6, EQ babies forced to batphone or lose Aten blobs

Lost Diabo Xi Va, TVK, Aten Blob, TVX on Friday 2/19 with Atabishi AFK in the zone
  17. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

We were farming insignias to finish some keys and we did get a bit of a chuckle out of you guys mobilizing due to thinking we were doing anything more.

As derogatory as many TEB members seem to see it I personally have no issues with being in a "DZ Guild". Sure - we'll hit open world targets if they're up and we're there but I think most guilds would.

I don't know how many times I've had a TEB member refer to me as "DZ BOY" or something else with the intentions of being derogatory but I really don't care :).

Yesterday we did our VT DZ and afterwards saw several up in OW VT so we hit them. I actually went to bed after the DZ run so when I say "we" I mean Altered Minds. If you guys didn't batphone for it - don't be mad at us as we're not responsible for alerting you.

I was present for the Diabo Xi Va on 02/06. From memory we got two shields and .... I forget what else lol.

I thought TEB liked when we go for OW targets - you guys get a batphone and extra DKP as a result right?

I don't really care much for the politics of all of this - I'm here to enjoy the game and honestly primarily to see the content I never saw back in the day. I was on Tunare in The Crusaders of The Falls - a casual guild - and I never did any raiding. I played up through the expansion or two after PoP but I never saw any of the raid content. I'm enjoying it so far and I don't really care if it's an open world DPS race or a DZ.
  18. HicksAradune Augur

i 100% didnt make speedrun.com , sorry
  19. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

well they have lost an Emp and a Seru so far this expansion, hicks will blow it off, but you know full well internally he is seething.
  20. Xeris Augur

People who frequent the forums are either good players or pretend to be good players. To say this content is trivial/easy is just not true. Just because something is trivial for YOU doesn't mean it's trivial for everyone.

I've been in some really bad guilds that struggle to get through this content.