Sees thru SOS 2 - an amorphous mass

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Visitor, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Visitor Augur

Okay after getting killed again, I went back to Dragon Necropolis, and into the tunnels, , managed to con the mobs and verified that this one saw thru my SOS2. Either it is an error in spawn abilities and needs to be adjusted next patch, or some thing else, lol.
    No, most of them do not see thru SOS 2, but, it seems some times one spawns that does. There is no room to skirt by such a mob, so I abandoned my hunt for collectibles.
  2. Zamiam Augur

Cant you run past and evade ? or fade .. I know most if not all classes get fade ..
  3. Sprezzatura New Member

Excavator mobs, all the bats, and the even con 115 amorphous mass see through SoS2. The rats no longer do.
  4. WeezFv Lorekeeper

everyone can but thats not the OPs point me thinks
  5. Zamiam Augur

the OP thinks this might be an error .. maybe its working as intended ?

Ive noticed quite a few times in ToV zones that certain mobs can sometimes spawn that see's thru my dbl invis (invis and IvU ) .. even some named mobs that usually dont see thru it sometimes can .. like right now in Velks Qabruh on EQ resource says he can see thru invis and IvU , however atm im conning him with my dbl invis on and he cannot see me .. says indiff .. he cons lvl 119 ..

there are also a few trash spiders in velks that spawn that can see thru both ..

so I'm guessing that certain mobs can spawn seeing thru both invis's or SoS2 .. makes the game challenging ..
  6. Visitor Augur

The surprise is that a few mobs of a type can see thru SOS 2. The pain is that in the confines of the tunnel, by the time I can con some mobs like the mobile in topic, am already in and on agro and about to be dead.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its kinda sad if its not a error and they have alot of mobs seeing through sos2. maybe to many ppl complained about ppl making rogue to collect shines but i dont know. I have a rog myself and love sos2 was finishing up eok and there were a few mobs that saw through sos1 and had to get sos2 which kind of surprised me hopefully in the future they dont continue making more mobs see through it.

Andarriel
    cadres likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One of my long-time pet peeves with EQ. I wish there was some way to see if mobs can see through your invis/SoS/whatever, without having to click and con every stinking one of them.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

There wasn't enough discussion on this in Beta honestly, or a push for the devs to make any changes before release. When someone brought up about the bats "seeing" through SoS, we were told that bats use sonar, so they were able to see through SoS. I mentioned that other bats in the game and bat-like creatures don't. So...some inconsistency there.
  10. Zamiam Augur

sometimes the dev's make sense , and other times im scratching my head.. take for instance how the heck can snakes kick ? <scratches head>
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Malbro Augur

Amorphous masses before patch before last did not see SOS, now some do. I ran into that on my rogue also and had to go back and double check, thinking my shroud dropped for some reason.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres 2 types, some can invis past. Depends what someone has killed and left repop.
  13. Febb Augur

The mobs that see through your SoS, do they con even and higher?
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

just as an FYI, snakes haven't been able to kick in about .. a decade..
  15. Zamiam Augur

kewl , did not know that .. when did they put that in .. they still bash though .. how can a snake bash with no arms ?
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

They're really Jedi. They use the Force.
  17. Zinth Augur

well a bash could technically be done by the tail I guess... so "cheating" and calling it bash instead of tail snap?
    Zamiam likes this.
  18. Malbro Augur

blue con masses