Re: Overseer Active Quest Wipe and Compensation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There's only 84
  2. Zamiam Augur

i thought there was 86 total common's ?

EDIT: nm my bad i just looked on my list .. 84 sure nuff ..
  3. WeezFv Lorekeeper

all i know is i didnt get crap from my lost overseer missions,. someone in guild said we get em saturday but,.. whatever.

I never read anything about we get em saturday
  4. Zamiam Augur

its in the system messages when you first log in .. states clear that all overseer packs with be dished out no later than saturday 2/20 .. IF you used overseer on said account ..
    I just got mine like 30min ago .. on 1 account ..
  5. WeezFv Lorekeeper

sweet.... and thanks
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I got an overseer pack with 3 common agents in it.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How do you get it? /claim? I checked there, didn't see it.
  8. Zamiam Augur

/itemoverflow
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks. And LOL, never even used that command. Not really sure what it's for (other than getting this reward pack which I don't need ;) )
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Fun fact: All levels of Overseer agents have multiple of 6 unique versions (technically there are 13 elites, but that includes bought Fippy).

So if you set your overseer screen to see rows of 6 agents for quests/conversion tasks, it can help you determine if you have all agents of a level. You need to know there are 14 rows of commons, 10 of uncommons, 4 of rares ... but hey, it might help someone...
    Petalonyx likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Speaking of Fippy, I finally bought him on a couple accounts last week. Since then, he has yet to be the top recommended agent for any of my quests.

Glad I got him with the free monthly DBC :)

The other thing I noticed about Fippy.... when you look at the agents page in Overseer, he does not appear with the other elite agents. He's all the way at the bottom of the list, after the common agents.
  12. Numiko Augur

I somehow got 2 packs on one of my account! ..no idea how I got a bonus one.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I take your 2 and raise you 1, my rogue account has 3. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't mine but she has no need of anymore agents, wish they were tradeable to help friends/guildies out.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Fippy is really a boost for level 1-2 missions. After that, you need to have some depth in your overseer ranks.

Being a bonus character, I don't think the RNG pools have Fippy in them, so he's never an "optimal" pick. He does come in very handy to get into the swing of things with Overseer. If you don't pick him up early on, the only real reason to grab him is for completion.

That said, once you buy the Fippy pack, it should be claimable on every server (or able to be purchased again). It isn't. You get 1 shot to get Fippy and it is stuck on the server you first pick it up on.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Do you think that's an issue for most people? For myself, every char I've ever rolled is on one server, with two exceptions. One on one of the Zeks, to tour the houses of that one guy who's a super decorator. The other I'm sure was deleted years ago, by DBG, never got to level 10. I rolled a new char, along with a friend, on the day a new server launched (Tholuxe Paells? something like that). We ran with Erudites, and Toxxulia was a total madhouse. No mobs up anywhere, and when one did spawn, it was dead in seconds. Fun times :) But for reasons of twinking and sharing housing, I roll everything on one server.

So, am I the rule, or the exception? Or the crazy mutant super-rare goofball exception? ;)
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Two accounts. Three packs each. Some animals are more equal than others. :p
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I won't claim to know the ins and outs of everything in regards to Overseer, or the play habits of others. I do know that Overseer stuff is sever bound Vs. Char/Account bound. To that end, unless there is a server merge, it would impact any server transfers.

I've met plenty of people who have their original toons on a normal server, but have experimented with TLP's. In those cases, anything to do with Overseer is restricted to said server. To that end if they pick up the Fippy pack on a TLP and get tired of a dying TLP drama cesspool, they would not have access to Fippy on their original server.

Just figured I'd toss that tidbit out, since the discussion touched on it. I'd hate for someone to pick up the pack on the wrong server and never be able to complete their collection (if they so desired).

I don't know what they could to to mitigate it, aside from a very intensive recode... for a sub-game, pulling resources from more pertinent issues. I suppose a band-aid fix would be to give 999 Fippy cards to /claim instead of 1. Having Dupes of an Iconic doesn't help. They'd just have to make sure that Fippy couldn't be retired to make an Elite Echo.
  18. Zamiam Augur

dont buy the fippy pack on a TLP .. problem solved .. bill is the mail .. your welcome
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Did overseer EXP get nerfed hard?
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not nerfed at all, that I can see.

Full disclosure: I haven't examined the reported XP in the quest window. However, I note my chars' XP at the end of each Overseer session, and the jumps post patch are the same as they were pre-patch.

Are you comparing same-duration Overseer quests?