Fixed Internally FV Lag again

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Warpeace, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Warpeace Augur

Because certain people hate the rule set:(
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Welp, FV is down. Again.
  3. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

What's crazy is that probably over half their income comes from that Rule Set but its the server that doesn't work well
    FubarEQ and Fenthen like this.
  4. Krisp New Member

Ok, so let me get this straight...

It's suspected that the lag on FV has something to do with 'recursive procs'. This is apparently a problem because huge volumes of spell dmg hits land all at once and apparently all the math firing off behind the scenes to determine all of these proc chances/twins and successive chained sympth. procs is clogging up the server tubes or whatever. Makes sense, I guess.

What doesn't make sense though is delivering such a staggering nerf across the board to proc dmg just to fix the lag on one server.

Can we expect you to do everything besides the obvious answer (upgrading the server) up to and including hamstringing us in additional ways? Please just upgrade the server.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Because its not just one server.
  6. Warpeace Augur

:p Shocking
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Less than 3 days uptime.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Stupid :( why not give fv a new server?

Andarriel
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Or un-split from Brekt and let there be server transfers.

Brekt was a flawless, no lag ever, server. Bring it back. Or give your paying customers some answers as to the actions you're (planning on) taking to remedy this chronic month after month after month problem.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  10. Pheyth New Member

Came back in, died. Then realized it was also a roll back. So got double hit. FV is unplayable on the weekend, it's crazy they merged this server with EU.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Was in housing transferring plots to alts and moving all the items into their possession yesterday. Trying to improve what I can for my main to reduce as much LAG as possible. While I was moving items you could watch and feel the lag in fairly steady waves or pulses while trying to move things out of inventory and into house storage. You would literally get frozen from taking that action of removing or placing an item. You could run or walk around and not notice anything though.
  12. fwilip New Member

FV froze up today again, and I can't log back into the server.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Can see and feel improvement in the lag situation. Last night some raid instances were still laggy but better than in the past. Still takes several yes clicks now and then to port from GGH to where the raid is. Some instances have more lag than others where you can get extended spell gem refresh time or abilities fail to take on the first through forth attempt. Still have to plan ahead when to stop using mash keys to cast specific abilities.

Hope to see more improvements on this area.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Were you not there for Tantor last night? It was absolute garbage. ;)
    As was Sontalak, despite the aura seizing up again and not moving (really makes the raid pretty quick when no one has to move).

Klandicar was good on my end, despite 20 minutes prior in the same zone with Tantor being a crapshow of lag. Aaryonar wasn't bad either. To me it's the raids where we're all huddled up that are the most terrible, and it's not my system that I play EQ on (which can handle 12 accounts perfectly in static zones).
  15. Warpeace Augur

I was but it didn't affect me as much:p , was fairly smooth other than spell timers. Not saying it was perfect. Keep in mind the lag I was dealing with before they started to find a fix. I could barely cast or use Discs.

I also have been cleaning out bank space, cleaning out old character files and about anything else I can to get better performance before I just gave up and retired again. Raiding is no fun when you finally get in zone and go to cast spells and AA for them to maybe fire or take forever to refresh.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

And the server is down after characters weren't zoning and I was having to Task Manager close my sessions.
  17. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Yep, down for me as well.

Nevermind, it just forced me out, I was able to log back in.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Lame :(

Andarriel
  19. Hateseeker Augur

the lag always comes back. had a lagstorm just now, it didnt affect combat and I wasnt chatting with anyone or searching the bazaar, so I didnt realize it was happening, however, when there's chat lag, mission updates/completions are lagged as well, so I had done a task with a currency reward, and, as we do, dropped the task after completion.

Needless to say, leaving the task got updated by the server before completing it, yet I still got the 6 hour lockout with no currency.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

So FV is having 5+ minute zone times right now. Parcels take 30+ seconds to send.
    Is this occurring global game-wide or only with our lovely well-cared for server?
    Bardy McFly likes this.