Horse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WeezFv, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WeezFv Lorekeeper

so what happened from last year to this? did procs all of a sudden go 1000%?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a good thing. Making small changes to find the source of the lag problem in order to make sure it is properly fixed. Once that is fixed they can then focus on fixing any balance issues that resulted as part of the lag fix. No need to rush through and try to change everything at once and not know what the actual problem is or how much rebalancing is needed.
  3. WeezFv Lorekeeper

AND,.. as someone posted on another thread,.. why procs? if yer just worried about raid lag,.. why not swarm pets?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is a problem suddenly this year but has been growing over time and we have gotten a lot more procs that proc off of other procs.
  5. WeezFv Lorekeeper

my point is,.. its not pop,.. not not proc,.. its tamed down assets. and my post isnt just about that,.. its about also brining in new peeps and 1 or 2 more points
  6. WeezFv Lorekeeper

not a new thing just this year
  7. Windance Augur

I keep seeing people saying that they are cutting back on hardware, moving to a cheaper hosting service, etc.

Is there any proof or is this just speculation ?
  8. Zamiam Augur

because you are OCD when it comes to grammar and spelling errors. i'm sure their is a medical term for it . If you have never read any of my posts ive stated many times i'm not a grammar or spelling expert and I don't really give a rats **s about it .. I try to do the best i can .. sometimes my posts come out ok and sometimes there a total mess ..
    if you want to take the time and effort to correct me that is fine .. i'll enjoy reading your correction's .. but please use a red marker so i can have the teacher/pupil effect ..

and my use of their/there in this post was intentional .. also caps , and commas left out ..

but thanks for thinking of me .. I do appreciate your feedback ..
    WeezFv likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They did switch data centers but I don't think we know anything about how the new and old compare.
  10. WeezFv Lorekeeper

we may never know to be honest, that said i wouldnt start blamin stuff thats been in game and workin as "intended" either
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

A zone or instance isn't just one thing, it's a bunch of things running together. Think like a bus of people, where the people on the bus are zones or instances, and each person that gets on the bus slows down how fast the bus can drive. Now say you design the bus to hold 12 people, but some of the people end up taking more space because they like to dance on the bus, and that slows the bus down some more. That one person is going to make it uncomfortable for the other 11 people on the bus even though they aren't themselves dancing.

Also throwing resources at a problem aren't an ends to a means either, you can add stuff to a computer but it can get just as overloaded in the process. An inefficient calculation is going to remain an inefficient calculation whether you have a bigger computer or not, it's just going to mask the issue better. Instead with the bus from above, you can ask the person to just arm dance in place instead of going wild all over the bus.
  12. WeezFv Lorekeeper

Totally get that,.. and if that the case like a few have said maybe its all the 3rd party programs sendin servers checks or what not/ server pop/ or procs,.. who knows,.. all i do know for sure is i buy yearly,.. and in am FV,.. prob biggest server on eq,.. and we been strugglin for months,.. its messin with raids/groups/solo and molo,.. we even got a bug report threard thats confirmed about this topic.

but thats just 1 aspect,.. what about bringin in new peeps too,.. we about to hit 22 years,.. i bet most people they get are people returning. not a bad thing. not all that great either
  13. Zolav Augur

The way I see it is they are at least beginning to try to attempt to fix the issue or make it better. Angry posts are not gonna do a thing to sway anyone lol.