Horse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WeezFv, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WeezFv Lorekeeper

instead of addin hardware and resources they push game wide nerfs on procs. Which hurt alot of classes SOME more then most.

On my server we have people cryin about of lag because of server population,.. which is,.. horse ,.. you think we really had more pop even after the merger then in our hay day? sure its totally pop. NO!

i can be hangin out in PoK helpin peeps yet i get chat lag,.. universal chat goes down,.. and you want to blame procs? I can be in an instanced raid and lag just the same as if i was in pok Yet yer main blame is server pop? NO!.

Im gonna say its cause they are cuttin hardware back and resources. we prob will never know unless they tell us. thier shareholders need some $$. this is why

we are about to hit 22 years people,... if you want it to live,.. have to get more and new peeps THEN ACT LIKE YOU CARE

with mirco transactions and the STUFF that is freemium, its not helpin bring in new people. raids that are YEARS ole still have prestige tags on items,.. pretty stuipid,.. but its ok,.. keep tryin to change 1.0s after they been out for YEARS. that will help the current stuff

Step up,.. and really show you care about this history makin game with all kinda anstolgia.
  2. Febb Augur

I wish there was a thread where we were already discussing this topic.
    MasterMagnus and WeezFv like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

What language is this?
    Duder and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

It is going to take me all night to figure out why you chose Horse as the title of this post. Thank you for giving me something to do.
    adetia, Duder and Andarriel like this.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Right? Waiting on the game servers to come up we can meditate on HORSE ... maybe PIG and FIREFLY too
    Duder likes this.
  6. WeezFv Lorekeeper

edited~ and i named it horse cause of po po,...but censored
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

He chose it because the word he wanted to use after horse was get blocked by the filter. It's pretty inconsiderate though, I mean other species defecate too. Why does the horse get all the attention?
    Duder and WeezFv like this.
  8. WeezFv Lorekeeper

horse powa!
  9. Zamiam Augur

10. WeezFv Lorekeeper

i guess it could be anything like camels or whateva,, i chose what i knew~
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sure it isn't easy or cheap to add new hardware that will actually improve performance when dealing with 25+ year old code.
  12. Zamiam Augur

can we lock this thread pls ..
  13. WeezFv Lorekeeper

14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Considering the forum language filters I find it's best to go with

horse ITSH

Learned it from the late great ps2 art dev T-ray.
  15. WeezFv Lorekeeper

0o,..... o0,... learned something new~
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are talking about a thread that was posted the night before an update with changes that are designed to fix the lag? If you really wanted to complain about the method they chose you should have done that last week after the changes got pushed to the test server not after it has been pushed to live and servers come back up.
  17. Verily Tjark Augur

eqgamer likes this.
  18. WeezFv Lorekeeper

totally agree, but i have in on other threads, since i had down time i figured i post this one,.. cause its more then just lag if ya read my first post.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And from what they posted it is suspected that the crazy amount of procs that can happen off a single cast is a major part of the lag. From my understanding it can be 40+ procs/checks from a single cast and can go a lot higher if you get lucky.
  20. WeezFv Lorekeeper

but like they posted even on the patch notes,.. this a temp thing,.. they tryin stuff out on us,.. prob cause its either best bet after cuttin resources. A dev even said they prob gonna boost proc damage,..after this. Yet they dont know yet