Rogue Stuff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spiffy Duu, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Spiffy Duu New Member

In the patch notes, I see that some of the epic quests are getting simplified and timers reduce to avoid bottlenecks. What are these two lines bout:
    - - Renux Heranor will no longer carry a Jagged Diamond Dagger.
    - - General V'ghera will no longer carry a Cazic Quill.
    You have to deal with these guys anyway so this makes these quests harder and introduces other bottlenecks.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Celephane Augur

Sounds like TLP issues to me. Why would live rogues care about a "bottleneck"?
  3. Iven the Lunatic

The quest for the Ragebringer was one of the most easy epic quests so its obvious that it got rated to be to easy.. Some of its side quests was more or less needless. I just wonder why it does get changed after 22 years. Maybe someone had to much time at home.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. xmPradah Not a dude

General very rarely dropped the quill so that subquest was pretty much necessary for most Rogues. The subquest for the dagger isn't going to create any more of a bottle neck than pick pocketing or Eldreth already had - and these are being corrected.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

This isn't the Live Servers forum.
  6. Celephane Augur

This isn't the rogue or TLP forum either.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why do you think there is a dedicated TLP forum?! This is the live server forum. LOL
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

While this isn't TLP forums, this does affect live for anyone that is working on the Rogue 1.0. While this may be a minor inconvenience to those of us on live, the questions are still: Why, after x amount of years is this being changed? Why was this even being paid attention to when they have so many other larger issues (lag) to worry about?
    Fenthen, Yinla and Zamiam like this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It was part of the larger QoL epic 1.0 thread I made a few years back that Absor recently seems to have taken an interest in addressing. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/proposed-qol-epic-1-0-changes.248180/

As to why they choose to fix X over Y issue, I couldn't say, but assume that changing database entries is overall easier than tracking down a large-scale baked in problem like the persistent lag affecting live raids.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once again it is needless changes for the TLP server.

It is time they moved TLP servers to their own client, so Live servers don't have to deal with these uneeded changes. Then they can make all the changes they want and not force those changes on live servers where there are no issues.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah dude, I'm sure all the rogues doing their 1.0 on live are super inconvenienced by this.
    Mithra, Astral64, Celephane and 3 others like this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It was a tradeoff for making the parchments a guaranteed pickpocket, and significantly reduced respawn timmer on Eldreth which was a major bottleneck on TLPs. Rogue is still by far the easiest epic it just doesn't allow you to skip 2 subquests anymore.
    Astral64 likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, reduce timer on Eldreth and Yendar, but extend the time it takes to get the two daggers (yes, I am aware that most of the time it didn't drop off the General). Works for me.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

Hands away from old content ! As if the Prophecy of Ro disaster with all these "nice" :mad: revamped zones was not enough. People want to do redo the epic 1.0 quests with all their bugs and bottlenecks especially on the TLP servers. It is part of their memories and the history of EverQuest. Regarding the increase of the spawn rate of Raster from 2% to 10%: 4% should had been enough but 10% is an increase by factor 5 and a smack in the face to all players that camped Raster for weeks. The real bottleneck in monk epic 1.0 is Brother Qwinn in SK as nobody does hunt there on life servers anymore beside camping the aviak tree. You've ruined your own lands! You'll not ruin mine!
  17. Zish Elder

Yeah, I tried saying it in their "testing" thread, but this was a ridiculous change.

There's no "quality of life" here, you're doing nothing other than adding a timesink to the rogue epic. You're trying to simplify other epics, and in the same patch you specifically require two bottlenecks for rogues.

What kind of logic is this? Why are we nerfing 20 year old content?
    Yinla and Wyndar like this.
  18. Ascertain New Member

They are stopping people from selling the Rogue Epic. Plain and simple. The poor pitiful rogues may have to do some of the quest now.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The actual number of people who will do the Rogue epic on a TLP is likely far greater than the number that will do it on a live server at this point. The tradeoff for getting one bad thing fixed was that some other things had to lose their shortcut. It's still the easiest 1.0 to get and likely won't take any longer on a live server after the changes. This is almost complaining about nothing.
  20. Zish Elder

What? Why does there have to be a tradeoff?

It's hardly complaining about nothing. This quest has been unchanged for decades. It's adding a timesink for no reason. The entire point of this patch was to remove bottlenecks. This forces rogues to camp eight rare spawns for eight rare items. How does this help *anyone*?