No Fix Planned Sontalak Raid (CoV)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Whenever the tank moves East or West to avoid the banish aura, Sontalak decides he is going South and leashes.....for the love of all things fluffy can we please make mobs follow player on agro not take off in a totally different direction!

Failing that if we are going to do events like this in a confined area can we please remove all obsticals so the Z axis doesn't come in to play. This is the same issue we see with Tantor raid.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

This happened to Inverse Logic on Luclin yesterday multiple times!
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

This happened to Fu on Bristlebane at least 3-4 times last night. Sontalak just decided he was gonna take a stroll and leash. Last time was at 20%....
  4. Barbwarrior Augur

Just spin it round ? Got backup tanks incase banish anyway no?

5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The tank it had on target was chasing it as werfe other tanks, it just continued south till it leashed. :rolleyes:
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Yep, same thing with us last night
    Asdenyl likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Did you have lev on?
  8. Eaiana Augur

This bug/feature hit us 5 times tonight. The dragon just goes on walkabout, drops aggro, leashes, and regens to 100%. Even happened multiple times in the same attempt.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

lol, we had it leash on us at 1%, talk about annoying! haha. cost us a spot but oh well. ;)
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Make sure you 'Like' the original post in the thread so the Devs know this is near and dear to your gameplay! :)
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I liked it cause ... raid bugs suck.

But does anyone have a link to a video where Sontalak leashes?

We have not had that issue in 3 tries ourselves (our first try was a called reset Saturday).
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

These events lag soooo badly. Twice now in Valhallah we haven't had the white aura move, at all, once the event starts.
    But hey, Grolik can silence from across the zone through solid objects, so that's fun!
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We haven't done it since the first week of release, got sick of the leashing. Hoping they got a fix for it in tomorrows patch.
  14. German Augur

We just slow roll to 80% and then light him up. As soon as we do, aura stops moving.
  15. Rylak Elder

I think the Devs need to figure out what they really want this raid to be.

Do you want yet another raid in which guilds can just burn it down and bypass mechanics?? We already have Zland, do we need another?? or do you want guilds to actually have to kill the adds, fight Sont, and do the dance around the platform the way the event was designed.

Personally, reduce the number of adds by half. Lock Sont's HP at specific points until adds are dead, and fix the freakin lag and leash sh*t show.
    Rolaque, Jhenna_BB and Yinla like this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Well the problem in my opinion is the size of the dragon, then the space the event is set into. Add in EQ is not friendly with pathing and changing elevations and you have a bad combination. Toss in the LAG and even more of fun can happen.

Reminds me of the Hoshkar raid and the aura mostly never working.
  17. German Augur

Burning him down has its own risks and if they aren't managed right is a bad idea. It doesn't guarantee a win. I'm not sure if anyone has ever lost against Zlandicar.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Sorry, had to laugh at this comment.

The number of adds in the original Sontalak on Beta was nothing short of amazing. They've already been cut way, way down. The adds are intended (per the designer).

Honestly, the Sontalak raid (sans lag) isn't in a bad form right now. The problem with the tiny space is really the only thing I'd want to change ... but I really don't know where to put the raid in ToV if they aren't going to change zone layout.

I hate mobs locking in the middle of raids ... end is fine to deal with adds, but if I wanna burn, let me burn. Raids that lock in the middle are also extremely boring 3+ years later...
    Warpeace, Svann2 and Duder like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

They would need to change the zone layout a bit. I like the idea of multiple raids within a zone, its convenient to get around that way. Maybe add a gate or door you would have to pass through to enter the next raid where the space is zoomed in on making it part of the zone but enlarged just for that event providing ample room for the mob to be the scale they want while accommodating the raid force, adds and aura mechanics.

Right now it feels like everything was crammed into a shoe box for that raid.
  20. Drakang Augur

We had the leashing multiple times. Just takes whoever has Aggro being in just the wrong spot or moving him just a bit to much and boom he runs off south. Also happened when the MT got banished. Seemed he wanted to chase the person being banished till they fully zoned out.