STOP AFK EXP GRINDS (riz server)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by blabber, Feb 2, 2021.

1. blabber New Member

Velks entrance, 6 out of the 8 picks has a group on auto grinding exp.
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Snitches get Stitches
  3. Timgrok New Member

You seemed to be confused. They’re there for platinum not for exp. yesterday was the first of the month and rent was due.
    Foaming likes this.
  4. Krasis New Member

Yes they are afk farming plat at velks entrance, where the mobs don't drop plat and rarely drop gems.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I hear XP sells for lots of plat on some sites
  6. Torrok Journeyman

I bet you they aren't afk. That's how you get hit with the ban hammer
  7. Kobra Augur

Petition it and if they are afk the GMs will handle it.
  8. Echoe New Member

How are you certain they are AFK?

Highly contested areas (AA grinding spots, shard farming locations, etc.) seem to attract "beliefs" such as this, but are they accurate? What's the motivation here?

Rizlona has a history of players with complaints like this, and sometimes it's a true reflection of what's happening. Other times, it's because someone feels disadvantaged because they either don't box themselves, don't have "as many" boxes as someone else, or they're after a highly contested "thing" that is camped across /picks. Incorrect assumptions lead to unreasonable attacks when resources are sparse.

Most players on Rizlona fully support investigations of actual automated gameplay. There's a huge difference between fully automated gameplay and someone who has timed a camp and gets up to go to the bathroom. Players talk, and there's a growing concern within the player community that:
    1. motives for /reporting AFK gameplay are nefarious in nature (e.g., greed-driven), and
    2. conditions associated with AFK gameplay investigations don't empathize with realistic or reasonable human behaviour (e.g., reaction time, differences in human stress responses, etc.)
    I'd like to ask moderators to please be mindful of the motivations behind these /reports, and to be reasonable in their assessment of human behaviours, delays, and distractions that can and do occur during expected/intended gameplay while performing their assessments.

Thanks.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

You're kidding yourself if you think fully automated afk killing isn't happening on Aradune daily and by a number of groups. No, I don't play on Aradune. But even someone of average intelligence can see that the reports here aren't some conspiracy to talk down the server. That's just lunacy.
  10. Zurd Lorekeeper

While some bot crap clearly happens...how did you verify each pick was AFK botting? Maybe they are, but just because you saw a group there doesn't mean crap except they were there.

If there are details like "They are all each from guild X or not guilded" and "in each case their puller ran the same exact rout and they never responded to several attempts to communicate....then you have something...something...but as it is it just seems alarmist and pot stirring. Back it up in a meaningful way or don't start a thread like this.

I'm all for sane GM enforcement of cheating. I'm not for alarmist calls for witch burning which is all that this is.