Suggestions for the mapping-tool

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have a few simple suggestion that I think would make the mapping-tool more userfriendly:

1. Add a textfield that show your current coordinates, so we don't have to spam /loc all the time.
    2. Add another textfield, where we can input /loc coordinates, where the loc gets marked on the map(and if possible a light-path to the input loc).
    3. Add a "slider" that can "scroll" the Height-filter, independent of the player-loc. Mostly used if you want to search for a specific marked input-loc/npc in multifloor zones with a different height than yourself(sorta like how doctors scroll through "slices" on medical 3d-scans).
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I like 1 & 2, and think they would be fairly easy to implement. #3 might be beyond the capabilities of the current mapping system.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The height-filter can already follow the player, I don't think it would be hard to make it follow something else. You can see it, if you have it enabled while being on an elevator.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

As is the map shows any line with a Z value between (Player - Low) and (Player + High). Little known fact, the height filter in game can take negative numbers.

If you are at a Z of 30 and want to see everything from 75 to 150, set the Low to -45 and High to 120. Not exactly the most intuitive, but can help in a pinch.
    Jumbur and Ssdar like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That basically means my 3rd suggestion should be a relative simple UI-adjustment, as the functionality is already there. The slider is just a more intuitive way of controlling the High and Low-numbers. They are basically just "clipping-planes" on the height-axis.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  6. Evurkvest Augur

I would like an extended line in front of the char to show were char is facing. Or redo the current Arrow to make it more clear. Its very har to see with the current arrow.