Fixed Internally FV Lag again

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Warpeace, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Hateseeker Augur

that sounds like a reasonable request at first but many of us are playing on FV because tradeable loot is the way the game was meant to be played, so it would be trading lag for unhappiness with server ruleset.
    Fenthen and sauron3030 like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

All they have to do is put Brekt back up and open all expansion on it. Little more than 30 seconds, but merging them with FV was a bad thing to start with considering server pop before the merge.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

any plans to acknowledge or address daily lag on fv?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Well they did acknowledge it by slapping a confirmed label on it. IF the root of the lag actually geos back to player procs then its going to probably be a long time as its not an easy fix. But if they are looking at procs they should also look at swarm pets and other major resource consumers. Hopefully they will openly address it soon.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Here we go with the new test patch notes for test server.

- Changed some of the modern Spell Casting Proc items so they won't trigger from other proc effects or twincast. This is a step, but not the entire solution, to reduce raid lag. Recursive proc casting is causing a huge amount of spells to be cast in a short time.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Raid lag is only one part of it, there's multiple daily lag spikes affecting chat, baz searches, taskadds/dzadds, even when you hail a mob to enter a zone it takes extra time to acknowledge your hail and initiate zoning.

Also, I think they tried something to fix it after it was acknowledged, but it still happens -
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. pallypallypal New Member

Hi this is still terrible. I click to go to campfire---30 seconds pass before I even trigger the LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

group chat lags by about 5 - 10 seconds

I'd rather servers go down for a few days and have it fixed than log in and not know if today is going to be a day where a game that is pretty heavily chat based is going to be so laggy it's unplayable / not enjoyable.

It just took a full 2 minutes to zone from CS to WW.

Please...fix this. 2 minute zones were rare back when I played on dial up.....in the days of kunark....
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Guild hall anchors placed for months are now popping up on cursors and have to be re-placed. Generally this happens after an unusually long zone time (which is becoming normal for FV). I'm thinking this is something related to the daily lag.
  9. Fopster Journeyman

Ok, I am personally getting tired of complaining about this, but damn, come on, shesh, its been 3 months, how about fixing the flipping server. it is starting to seem like you really do not care about the status of the server as much as you do about the money you are making, I really hope this is not true but we have bee dealing with this since early November, same complaint from all and very little improvement
    Hateseeker likes this.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

I think a lot of people think that either it's just a raid problem or that it's because FV is a highly populated server. The chat lags, parcel lags and others often happen in the dead of night too, so that's not a peak population issue. Point being I guess since a lot think it's a population issue they don't come here to check in. It definitely gets mentioned a lot in-game.
    WeezFv likes this.
  11. WeezFv Lorekeeper

we just finished a new raid kill and in the instance you should of seen how slow the achievements rolled out,.. thaught the server was gonna die lol. this is just plain sad at this point
    Fenthen and Hateseeker like this.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Tried to played FV last night and logged out, zoning took so long I thought I was locked up and chat scrolls are 3-5 min behind all night. You should have left Brekt up and split the server between them, there are entirely too many people playing on FV at once.
    Fenthen and Warpeace like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

This is a real possibility. Sadly they have not stated what is considered max for a servers population or optimal. Those numbers would be interesting to know and understand.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

I just dont understand why, if population is the issue, that it would still occur at way off-peak times like 3AM any night, or Sunday mornings, etc?
  15. pallypallypal New Member

Also, if population is the "issue" why not dedicate more resources to it? I mean, you have something that's so popular it's lagging this hard? Something is clearly wrong here but it seems as though one of the most populous servers is being ignored.
    WeezFv likes this.
  16. dwish Augur

My vote is just open transfers and let people off this garbage server. I have been playing on FV for longer then most, but I absolutely would jump at the chance to leave this server behind. Between the lag and afk botting groups which this server’s ruleset seems to attract in droves these days, I’m ready to leave it behind for good. I’m guessing all servers have these issues to some extent, but I can promise you it’s nowhere near the extent of FV.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

We need a free trade loot server to go to if that's going to be an option
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Sycopata Elder

So much time in the same situation, one single USA server with the FV rules is a issue, people from all regions play in the same USA server, open a EUROPEAN version of FV please and alow transfer. We pay for minimal service in a 20+ years old game, existing free to play alternatives.
  19. smash Augur

Actually IF it is the procs that does it, there is easy fix.

For people who are level 110+, which is where the increase in procs came into the game for real, the type 18/19 augs.
    So basically remove all the damage procs completely
    Instead make 2-3 innate abilties that increase your base stats, so it will increase your average dps by 2-6%.
    NOT sure I know what the amount of procs are in regard to % of the dps.

It might not give the total amount, however it should then lower the lag, we all get.
    And casters should not have to go melee to get the procs, benefit for the wimpy wizards as they call themself, and benefit for the pet owners, so pets might actually add some dps to their overall dps, instead of standing idle thinking, was it now I should hit that mob that is almost ripping the head of my owner, oh freedom if it does.....
  20. WeezFv Lorekeeper

this
    Fenthen likes this.