Feedback (Random thoughts, and Ideas)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kygo007, Feb 14, 2021.

1. kygo007 New Member

The purpose of this thread is to offer feedback to the game designers. I know that they read these frequently, so I wanted to share some thoughts for consideration.

Berserkers - There are three aspects to the class that IMO need revision:

1) The requirement to be <90% health in order to achieve dps potential. No other class is required to operate at a handicap in order to be played at capacity. Maintaining health below 90% is a constant struggle between healers and the player, where after every heal the Berz is required to offer maintenance in the form of an AA in order to bring the health back down below 90%. If you use mercs at all, forget it! This aspect of play offers no value to the class, and is nothing more than an annoyance. Furthermore, as gear is upgraded from one expansion to the next, Devs are eventually required to offer us upgrades to the ability to bring health to the required level again. I can think of far more important things Devs could be spending their time working on. This should go away, When Druids can out dps Berzs, and can also heal/port/etc... having a handicap like this where we have to constantly do maintenance simply makes no sense. It's not enjoyable, that's for sure.

2) Why don't Berzs have a "Fleeting Quiver" type option? Constantly making axes also offers no value to game play. It's just another annoying maintenance task. A ranger can make one arrow and be done, forever!.... Berzs have to constantly summon axes, which get consumed, and are required to have Axe Components on hand at all times. AND!!!.. We need more than one type of AXE! To draw a comparison for argument sake, if a wizard was required to summon something (say, an "Arcane Globe" (i'm making this up) and equip it in ammo) in order to land half the spells the wiz casts, and a globe is consumed with each spell, wizards everywhere would be in open revolt. Why are berz's subjected to this?

3) This is actually the most annoying of all, and should be removed from the game IMMEDIATELY (IMO). Berserker disc root!!!! Oh my god, do I absolutely loathe this rooting consequence. Not only is it annoying, it offers no value to game play, but more importantly it is detrimental in a raiding situation. As you know, because Devs are the ones who design game mechanics, there are raids that require characters to react during raids. Many of these mechanics require the player to move away from the current position, or suffer a consequence that could potentially wipe the raid.... I don't know how many times during a raid that my name was randomly called, I turn to run away, and realize I can't because I just initiated a burn and I'm rooted!!! Then I get to explain to everyone that "No! I wasn't AFK"... or, "No!, I am paying attention" and I end up looking like a A-hole. To offer another comparison, Clerics don't have a "silence" consequence for casting a heal. Can you imagine a scenario where on a raid the cleric says, "sorry, I tried to cast a heal on main tank, but my last heal silenced me, so now we get to let this raid reset".

Bards - Clicking epic is still relevant for bards, but having your entire melody disrupted every time you click it is annoying. Plus, depending on server tic, and lag, waiting for gems to cooldown can seem like an eternity if you are mid-burn. Maybe an AA or something that won't interrupt melody would be pleasant to have.

Other random thoughts:

Could you please make all quest givers see invis? Please!!!

Would it be possible to bind in guild hall?

A wishlist item would be placeable tradeskill vendors would also be amazing in the guild hall.

Fellowships - We need more character slots in fellowships. Let's face it, most people who play have multiple toons that they play. People box, people also have toons on the same account that they would want in fellowship for looting rotts, moving around, among other things. With the current member count now (12) it isn't even enough to keep two active players satisfied when you account for their alts and boxes. Increasing the count I think would encourage more people to join fellowships, and encourage interaction and game play. The current limited number only encourages isolation.

No Drop - this is likely dumb idea, but I was thinking about it the other day. Instead of No-Drop why not make everything Heirloom? Who cares if another toon on the same accounts gets a hand-me-down. Its paid for on the same account. The worst that can happen is I play that character more often. I often hear calls for a tank, or a healer, or dps, in order to fill a group and think, "well, I would go but that alt has gear from five expansions ago and would be irrelevant". Tribute banks are often full, to the point nothing can be tributed anyway. I am often destroying items that I would gladly equip on another toon on the same acct.

Account to account transfers.... please make this come back. I dont know why it is no longer offered, but it is wanted. Look at it as a customer service mechanic. I know many people who want this service, including myself.

Finally, since I have someone's attention (hopefully) pathing in some zones are just unacceptable. Level 4 of ToFS comes to mind, where you can't pull a mob without it warping to another level and bringing the entire zone to you. Other zones are just as bad, making the content unplayable. These issues never seem to be fixed. Maybe because they can't be fixed, I don't know, but as a player they are extremely frustrating, and it deserves mention.
  2. melemayhem Journeyman

druid is the class that needs revamping, utility was fine when druid solo was a real option.

more fellowship slots would be great
    KrakenReality and Dyna like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Rangers do have to make arrows. Yes, there is the Ancient Arrow and some others that we can endlessly shoot but there are quite a few of our spells starting around level 75 or so that eat the arrow when you cast it. Those are not endless.

I don't think it would be possible to get all the tradeskill NPCs in a guild hall.

You can use primary and secondary gate instead of bind in guild hall

Pretty sure your supposed to use guild banner if you have more than 12 and then your friends can do the 12.

Quest givers often have you be invisible, sneak, hide or illusion as part of the quest line

Not even going to respond to the transfer.
  4. Dyna Elder

No one has erudites any longer. One help would be give the females some hair like the other females!
    I don't see why my hair can't hang down and have various long styles!! Also she always has something on her head even if not showing helm!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

I’ve tried having a Druid healer in my box team, and it just feels like they’re missing a few heals.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1. It fits the lore of the class, pushing your body beyond the normal boundaries comes at a cost & Berserkers do exactly that when channelling their immense rage and wreaking massive damage upon their enemies. Hence why we also have other self-harming abilities.

2. You have 2 means to manipulate your own HP to allow for 90% hp abilities to be used, one of them will hold you at 89% & annoys the hell out of your group healer, the other will remove a bunch of hp & in turn give you a brief protective effect vs damage.
    Good berserkers know when to use what & how. This is part of the flavour of the class & as someone who has almost exclusively played as a Berserker since the class was launched I don't want that changed, learn to focus your rage effectively and don't be a cookie-cutter, be a head decapitating rage monster.

Probably because throwing is the worst possible DPS option for the class, it pales into near insignificance against our melee damage output. If I am forced to use it I am already annoyed by the event mechanics, I have a massive axe that has destroyed gods I don't want to play darts with a dragon's face.

The developers don't want Berserkers dancing about plinky plinking with throwing axes like Rudolph Nuryev in a poorly fitted bear skin like a coward, they want you all up in the mob's face (while delicately balancing on the razor thin edge of the AE rampage radius like a Russian Gymnastics prodigy) with the blood & guts rending flesh from bone, crushing skulls & stomping on the mobs like a psycho from hell.

I agree, we should just be able to rip boulders out of the earth & throw those, or rip the columns & pillars of buildings apart & launch them at our enemies doing huge concussive damage...

Real answer - devs wanted us to have an expendable resource so they gave us abilities that have throwing damage to use them, Enchanters use up gems for their best runes, Clerics use up gems for DI type spells so it's not as alien as you think, and Rangers Endless Quiver AA doesn't work on all arrows.
    The one thing I would change is how many you can summon at a time & stack size. I would like 1k stacks of axes rather than eating up half a bag with stacks of 100 to get me through several hours of raiding/grouping I got no issue summoning axes out of combat though, and we have seen increases to summon amounts over time, we summon 100 now, used to be 5.....so 1000 summon in one go, yes please, that might be a ridiculous number but we use a ridiculous number in a day just on abilities.

Drawn to blood, use it, love it, quit bellyaching, the other Berserkers on your server either just face-palmed so hard they flat out killed the guy stood behind them at the bar or they are trying to locate you so they can slap the noob out of you.

This one gets a thumbs up, an AA to make a selection of clickies not just the epic insta-click for bards would be awesome, the list of clicks this would apply to would need to be carefully curated though.

No we don't and the devs have already said they won't do it because they don't want fellowships ending up as mini-guilds, it used to be just 6 players so they already increased the the size plenty, it wont be getting any bigger ever.

Primary gameplay loop, go play on Firiona Vie if you want that, it's a server where that specific thing was changed.

No current plans to be fixed, it's likely on a backburner, but that backburner is behind about a thousand other backburners that need to be dealt with as they have a higher priority.

Hah - good luck with that, this is something that is an after thought, literally, the zones are built & the pathing is done far later, also EQ has some major limitations that make pathing a very tricky thing to get right, devs probably do their damnnest to get the pathing to be good, sometimes its still terrible after hours of work trying to fix it, but dev time is not cheap, at some point even the best most caring dev throws their hands in the air & says "F it, that will have to do!".
    A better engine & maybe the pathing would be a million times better, so if you happen to have a close personal friendship with Jeff Bezos maybe ask if he can chuck a few million in the pot to help.
    minimind, Coagagin, Flatchy and 2 others like this.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I'm right there with you as soon as axes stack to 1000 and 1000 can be purchased in a tenth of a second, and don't take multiple stacks for components and stack to 100.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Fellowships - The basic problem is, people like to play alts. So, if I want to play with Fred, and we each play one of three alts, there's 6 in our fellowship. Tie fellowship membership to accounts. Now, each fellowship supports 12 PEOPLE who want to play together, regardless of which alt they log into.
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

It's probably worse that you're paying attention and not AFK yet still make bad decisions.
    Mehdisin Mahn and menown like this.
  11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

My merc healer is an Erudite!
  12. kygo007 New Member

I am constantly amazed at people's ability to invest massive amounts of time responding, yet offer little to no value.

Thank you Skuz for that quick tutorial on how to play a berserker. When I posted my constructive criticism I was already aware that there are buttons to press to bring health below 90%. You completely missed my point, which was that this is a useless maintenance function that offers no value to the class or to the game. I understand the concept and idea behind the "role playing" aspect of the class by controlling rage, and harming one's self, yada yada yada.... but it is still a pointless maintenance function that is annoying to suffer through.

You also missed my point about the root. Drawn to Blood does nothing to address my concern about reacting to raid mechanics that require the berserker to run away from the raid if required. For example, the berz gets targeted by a raid mechanic that creates an aura that will literally kill everyone within the aura if you don't move your butt, but you can't because you are under the effects of Frenzied Resolve. It's a pointless consequence of using class mechanics, that offer unnecessary risk to raiding scenarios. Right now the option is to not use Frenzied Resolve during raids, which minimizes my potential to do DPS, and when my only job is to DPS, it's kind of counter productive, hence my constructive criticism.

When I referenced summoned axes, I was not talking about ranged attacks. Axes are consumed during normal melee combat rounds, but you know that. I like the 1000 stacks. At least it's something.

We will disagree on the Fellowship number. I get the concern about being "mini guilds", but as I type this my only other fellowship member and I are discussing disbanding and creating our own separate FSs because we both actively play a lot of boxes and alts. We both have characters out of FS now and there are only two of us, which is a hassle for both of us. We both prefer to remain in the FS together, and would prefer to invite others who actively play, but the annoyance of not having all of our active toons in the FS is becoming greater than the benefit of sticking together in a common FS. Maybe a cap increase isn't the answer, but for many of us, having the ability to move alts/boxes around by setting fires has become a very valuable feature.

Account to account transfers, may not be important to many, but it is important to me. It is actually a very important issue for me, and will determine how long I continue to invest time and money into this game (that isn't a threat, just being honest). The service used to be offered, and I took advantage of it in the past to consolidate some accounts when real life dictated less play time. I always knew that I could move them back when my circumstances changed, but now the service is no longer being offered. This puts me in a bind, where half my box team is stuck on the same account . I look at it as a customer service issue. As a customer I am requesting a service that would improve my experience with this game, it used to be offered, I will pay money to use the service, but I am being told no, without explanation.
  13. menown Augur

Kygo007, there is already an ingame solution for the root disc. Use /stopdisc. Yes, it cancels the disc timer early, but at least you won't fail a raid mechanic and have to give a long explanations to your guildies as to why you didn't move.
  14. kizant Augur

Nobody is missing the point. Just use leap/jetpack to get away and time your abilities to minimize the chances of getting stuck like that.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think Skuz gave thoughtful feedback. *shrugs*

I am constantly amazed at people's ability to invest massive amounts of time making a post then denigrating the answers they don't want to hear

You post people respond with there feedback. That's how the forms work.
    Coagagin, Celephane and Skuz like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly my point above. Tie it to the account, not the character.
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. Kase Augur

Some way to sort augs on your gear in your inventory. Maybe a list you can click to show which slot has which aug to avoid having to click on each slot to see and having 20 open links doing that.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Check out the “Find” button on your inventory window. Also, you can set hot key for “Find Item Window.” It’ll show you every item and where it is located.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you don't like the mechanics of a class don't play it.
    I am so tired of people who play a class only because they see some amazing parses then think they need to waltz in & tell everyone how it should work.
    I play a Berserker because it has those "balance" touches, because it has that lore, you start removing the detrimental effects you can go ahead & kiss good bye to the justifications Berserkers have for topping parses to begin with, your constructive criticism is short sighted at best.

Drawn to blood is there to ensure that you had an option for staying near the mob while rooted instead of rooting yourself only for push to move the mob out of range. If you need to move away for a mechanic you need to stop the disc, lose the DPS you would have had & move your butt, if you have to move away for a mechanic you were always going to lose dps anyway.
    Good games force you to make choices, this is one of them. Learning the event mechanics will let you make better choices, so you don't use certain discs or abilities on an event that would make them bad choices, learning WHEN to use a disc & on WHAT is a key part of playing a DPS class well, you have much to learn clearly.
    You are never going to get the chance for a full-burn of all of your discs & hit top of the parse very often, there are few "straight burn" events as that gets boring, the idea is being able to put out solid numbers through a solid understanding of the event mechanics so you can complete the event, deal with the mechanics & still do solid damage, that complexity is what most raiders thrive on.

Fellowships were not built for the owners of an ALT army, and the Box armies that show up on servers are a big enough pain in the butt already without making it even easier for them to move them around via larger fellowships & campfires.
    The purpose of the fellowship system was to help other human beings who play to catch up with friends and a 12 person fellowship is plenty big enough for that purpose.
    You can very easily rotate your alts in & out of a Fellowship and what you are asking for is just extra unnecessary convenience.
    Tying fellowship slots to "account slots" is a sensible solution however whether than be coded for into the FS system is an entirely different matter.

The devs have not said they are never going to have it again, but it has been something like 5 years since that was a functioning service & there have been a ton of changes to the game in that time & leading up to that which might mean the service is going to take a lot of work to make it work with the game now, it may well have been one of those changes made that broke it to begin with.
    They have no current plan to fix it doesn't mean it will not get fixed eventually, but they have not got a timetable for it so you should expect to wait a long time.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There is a sacrifice to being a Berserker. For years, Berserkers have been affectionately known as 'glass cannons'. This is for good reason. Berserkers are top-shelf DPS. No melee can touch them on a parse. But Berserkers are fragile and maxing out your ability rightfully requires making some choices. Nothing needs to be changed here.

It wasn't until the last few expansions that Berserkers were granted access to aggro reduction tools that actually work. If you were behind in the DPS stack I could see making some concessions. But you aren't.

tl;dr Don't worry. Be happy.
    Metanis and Skuz like this.