Self-Incineration Tuning/Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kizant, Feb 13, 2021.

1. kizant Augur

There's two issues I'd like to point out with this Wizard spell from CoV. One is the resist rate. It does seem a bit too high. Most of this is from the Tantor raid since that's only one with a good amount of adds right now. But in general Wizard spells have resist modifiers. I think this one needs something. And it's not like Lower Element is an AE. The column on the far right is resists and this is from a combine of a bunch of raids. It generally gets resisted 30% or more of the time from I'm seeing.

[IMG]

The second is is the self damaging part of the spell. The Self-Incineration Effect. None of our other spells I believe have self-damaging components that are focusable. Our beam does a constant 6030 damage to me for example. But this spell can do this during a burn and I think it's a little excessive?

[Thu Feb 11 19:38:46 2021] You have taken 75668 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    [Thu Feb 11 19:38:52 2021] You have taken 75738 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    [Thu Feb 11 19:38:59 2021] You have taken 75388 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    RPoo, Jumbur, Barton and 2 others like this.
  2. Duder Augur

The Tantorlings are absurdly resistant if not debuffed, cannot land Malo if they aren't tashed, can not land DoTs if they aren't malod. Is that what you are seeing resists from on that event?
    Sancus likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

Yeah it looks like that's a good part of it. 35 from tantorlings, 9 from primal guardians and I'm seeing swarm pets in there too. Ugh.. Although, I don't think my parser counts players hitting swarm pets.

[Sun Jan 17 19:40:21 2021] A primal guardian resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. II!
    [Sun Jan 17 19:42:22 2021] A tantorling resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. II!
    [Sun Jan 17 19:42:41 2021] A primal guardian resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. II!
    [Sun Jan 17 21:33:37 2021] Qulas`s pet resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    [Sun Jan 17 21:33:37 2021] A restless Kromrif resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    [Sun Jan 17 21:40:44 2021] A shivering dire wolf resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    [Sun Jan 17 21:40:44 2021] A shivering dire wolf resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    [Sun Jan 31 19:36:47 2021] A primal guardian resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    [Sun Jan 31 19:36:47 2021] A primal guardian resisted your Self-Incineration Rk. III!
    Duder likes this.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

Hmm, why is this posted in bugs ? It should more likely be posted in class part of the forums, as that is how the spells is build up.
  5. kizant Augur

Because it's more than likely a bug that I can damage myself for 225k damage for casting this spell one time.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

Not really, years ago the spells in same line could much damage then too, and there were no complaints then.
    Just like druids nature is no bug, because cast on your self and they dead, and that is more damage there,
  7. Derka Power Ranger

The keyword Kizant said is focusable. Why should the self inflicting damage be twincast? What if it ate twincast counters?
    Casting a spell on yourself is entirely different than choosing to sacrifice HP for AE damage. One is user error.
  8. kizant Augur

I'm *not* casting this on myself. That's the whole point. It's a feedback/penalty. The original version was in the game when a lot less things stacked and excessive damage wasn't possible. Follow-on versions of the spell were rarely used. Let the devs decide what they think should be posted here. It has zero to do with you.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could let resists affect the feedback for fairness sake, if it is not a bug.

That said, I think it is a bug too...