Beastlord damage

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zarkdon, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Going to ding 115 today and start working my way through the AAs. I want to maximize my DPS so make farming as efficient as possible, so does anyone have good data on the % of damage we do in each category?

Dots
    Nukes
    Melee
    Pet.

This would help me plan out what to work on after I max paragon focused paragon and consume spirit.
  2. Roxas MM Augur

most important for dps imo is melee>dots>nukes>pet. last 2 can be switched as well. if you're gonna farm solo/molo i suggest you do out self werewolf buff as well ( the name escapes me atm) and pet defenses first.
  3. Waldagar Augur

For a group geared BST using ToV weapons, armor and the CoV player made pet earring in laggy CoV zones the breakdown looks like this:

Dots - 13%
    Nukes - 12%
    Melee - 40%
    Pet - 35% (warder+ temp pet)

With low AA counts you are going to be mana starved so you will need to rely on DD instead of DoTs unless you want to take frequent mana breaks. The AA path you want to take will depend on how you want to play and what you want to farm. Using a rogue merc instead of a healer merc changes the dynamic dramatically but will increase the group DPS way more than any AA you have at your disposal. You are correct that as long as you can survive the content, maximizing your DPS will increase your kill and AA rate.

-Z-
  4. Zarkdon Augur

Right on thank you. So Mana generation>pact of wurine>passive critical>passive proc>burst of power and then should I do special kills like bite of the asp or move into spell focus?
    minimind likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

Bite of the Asp doesn't impress me. It's more dps than the Gorilla/Raven options, but it's only more dps, and "more" in this case means 4k dps (solo just autoattacking. up to 7.3k for the duration of brdFE+rngAuspice. no bst burns boost it.) versus 1k (again solo just autoattack. but because it's a melee hit, it's some kinda higher number w/ self burns on, some higher number still w/ self burns + ADPS)

Given the slim difference on the bottom line - if that difference even exists during bst burns that do have decent uptime - I prefer the one that debuffs the enemy. I prefer Raven's Claw that comes with /autoskill Tiger Claw. A 260atk debuff is only a bit less strong than dru Clasp of Ro debuff.

As a side benefit on raids, multiple beastlords using Raven's Claw only use one debuff slot total on the enemy, instead of an additional low-efficiency slot per Asp-user.
  6. Adruger New Member

I looked up my DPS for the past day, 119 mobs, over the entire day my avg. dps was 212k

Breakdown was
    Pet/Warder = 14.6%
    DD = 34.7%
    DoT = 17.5%
    Melee = 33.2%

Over that I had 11,687 "casts"
    2320 Bite of the Asp - if you assume every "cast" went full duration this was 2.1% of DPS
    3487 Gelid Claw = 1.4% of DPS

ToV Raid Geared, CoV Raid EM Focus.

Personally I have found the warder to be underwhelming the last couple expansions.
    Mbao likes this.
  7. Szilent Augur

This is an exceptionally poor assumption. Asp is recast with every Eagle Strike. If one isn't changing targets constantly, that frequently shakes out as twice between every tick of the dot.

Both the well-known parsers report exactly how much damage each effect/source dealt, you may have to dig for it.
  8. Waldagar Augur

The group geared BST I described has 29K AA and very few heroic AAs completed other than the ones from completing ToV progression. His gear spans GM to CoV. Like Adruger, I also have a raid geared BST and when I switch back to my group geared BST the biggest issue is mana. As you get more AAs, gear, and buffs that help out with mana the more you can pour on the DoTs and DDs. The warders have been doing the same DPS (non burn) for the last 4 expansions. The boost from increased enhanced minion is on the tanking side, not DPS.

We need to know more about what play style you prefer. Obviously it is easier to take down tougher targets with a cleric merc, but if you seriously want to farm AAs then a rogue merc is the way to go. The rogue merc is so much aggro that you will want to get all of the subtle strikes AAs first. That way you can focus on healing the pet and not the merc.

If you haven't done progression yet it is a great way to get a bunch of AAs and also get the hero AAs. Take friend or 2 and do all the EoK hero missions if you haven't done them and you will get a boatload of AAs and you also get a real nice type 5 aug (Forgotten Gemstone) as a reward. As a bonus there are some nice augs that drop in the missions.
    -Z-
  9. Lucius Telles New Member

I never said it WAS 2.1%, it was an estimation based on base damage only, I was discounting critical. I ran the actual numbers through excel and came out with 42,291,086 damage, which works out to 1.95% of my overall DPS. Making it an amazingly close estimate.

Adruger -- No idea why it changed which account I was logged into.
  10. Lucius Telles New Member

The irony....my estimate for Bite was amazingly close, Gelid must critical much more often, since I was doing the calculations anyway, I ran the Gelid numbers through, they worked out to be 6.6% of my overall DPS.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

I keep hearing different things, but are we doing more DPS with 2hb? If Geild is 6.6% of your DPS doesn't that keep dual weild as more important? Or do high levels of burst of power compensate for the loss of Gelid on base melee?
  12. Waldagar Augur

Like a lot of things...it depends. Assuming similar quality of weapons...assuming Geild is not being resisted... DW is going to come out ahead on sustained DPS outside a burn, but for the time you combine BA, SF, BL, and Vivisection, 2HB comes out ahead. The hot tip use to be to swap in the 2HB when you hit the big burn. Lag is the wild card. In my experience. lag affects DW DPS more then 2HB DPS. For that reason I will switch to a 2HB weapon if I know the raid is going to be a lagfest.
    -Z-
  13. Iribabh Augur

dw vs 2hb depends on several things. External adps plays in as well as what weapons are available to you.

For example - right now I am 2hb only because I have the CoV raid weapon and it nets more dps than using my tov raid weapons.

That said - when weapon tiers are on equal footing DW is 5-10% more dps than 2hb until burns and adps come into play and there comes a point where it flips. If you're running personal burns like Wald mentioned above definitely swap to 2hb.

The tipping point that I've found is when both bard and shm epics are up and on you, then 2hb begins to pull ahead. Numbers are pretty close all around (until you are doing personal burns + adps from others in group). During raid if you decide to just stay 2hb the entire time vs actively swapping back and for you will still be pretty close to a bst who is micromanaging weapons (assuming you're not slacking on the rest of it too).
  14. Zarkdon Augur

Right on everyone thank you for the responses. I will continue up the AA melee damage path for now. For a last question: is Burst of Power more important to level first or ambidexterity?
  15. Szilent Augur

Ambidexterity is a more finite project. Can train its couple ranks & be done with it. Burst of Power is likely more total power, but it's also a *much* longer grind
  16. Zarkdon Augur

Alright oh beastlord gurus, I have just about maxed my passive melee dps AAs, and took a small hiatus to max companion's fortification (my pet is the MT for my group of friends). Now I'm looking at starting some of the spell AAs.

Is primalist focus worth getting early? I see the damage addition is post critical, but where our nukes are usually smaller damage spam spells it seems it would still add a significant amount of damage overall. Or am I misunderstanding and should work on getting the frozen toxin, maelstrom, poison and cold dot focus done?
  17. Bazuker New Member

Primalist Synergy is very useful for a group. Properly timed it adds 5K of sustained dps to every melee and pet in the group. When paired with, say, a mage, it equates to +30K (15K for you and your pets) of group's dps with a miniscule mana cost. And that's a base value.
    If you happen to group with another beastlord, you can interleave Primalist Synergies and double that.
    +60K dps between two beastlords for lazily clicking a button every 15 seconds.
    That's about 3.6mil damage in 60 secs, in addition to about 5.5 mil damage in 2 Alliance blasts those 2 beastlords can pull in the same 60 secs. (Though, it's a different subject)
    Beastlords should always fight in pairs !
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Szilent Augur

There is no "proper" timing or pairing to do with Synergy AA. It's a melee damage bonus that gets used across the next 20 melee hits. 288000 damage per meleer in the group. That's all an aside, though, because

Zarkadon is asking about Primalist's Focus AA, the spa286 add to their spell damage.
  19. Bazuker New Member

I was just trying to make a point, that Primalist Synergy AA should have a priority over other dps AA's (just my opinion). To illustrate my point I showed how the math works for Synergy, which, again in my opinion, is very valuable.

And "proper timing" of Synergy relates to the method of timing of Feralgia calls (every 18 secs) against Synergy use (every 30 secs). If "properly timed", 2 swarm pets are up all the time, while every 30 secs Synergy adds 288K damage for each pet. If another BST in a group "properly times" second Synergy 15 secods away from the first, then 2x2 swarm pets get affected all the time. If timing is off only 1 swarm pet get the boost (288K damage loss) or even worse - Synergy overlaps and 288Kx8 gets wasted every 30 secs.
    Regardless timing, even a single BST in a group can benefit from Synergy much more than from other dps AA's (in my personal opinion). Ultimately, of course, 54009 AA's are the goal, just a question of priorities.
  20. Sancus Augur

Group buffs don't land on swarm pets.
    Romance and Skuz like this.