Fixed Internally Arch Lich Rhag'zadune

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sarepean, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Sarepean Lorekeeper

My raid seems to be having problems with this specific mob either not spawning or despawning very soon after spawning. We petitioned it this week, but this may be the appropriate place.

Each week so far on Aradune, we've popped this instance, cleared the majority of the trash on floors 1 and 2, then moved the raid to do the Taskmasters/Warden, cursed cycle, Rhag, then finished with XTC/High Priest. Basically, we work from the bottom of the instance to the top.

As a result of the pre-clearing, the entire raid is able to move largely unimpeded to the spawn point of the Arch Lich after killing Rhag 2 only to find that he isn't up.

I think we're going to be changing the kill order in next week's instance, but our worry is that something we're doing--- and not the kill order--- is causing him to despawn, hence the post. When it first occurred, we thought it was a random bug and didn't petition because there's not much of a point in doing so. This week, though, we're pretty sure something is going on, so we're trying to figure out what it is.
    Yaldiien, Cantari, Sollix and 24 others like this.
  2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

This happened to my guild too. Also the cursed cycle never started up for us either. After killing the taskmasters and the rhozths the glyphed never ended up popping.
  3. Duder Augur

We saw this last week as well with the Rhag/Arch Lich cycle.
    Xoner likes this.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

Was there nothing at the spawn point?
    Are you expressing that "a rune covered serpent" was spawned, but the glyph was not spawned?
  5. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

It was in a DZ. Neither spawned.
  6. Duder Augur

We had no problems with cursed cycle tonight in DZ. Arch Lich didn't spawn again though.
  7. Sebbun Augur

We also experienced this on Rizlona. Quite a big bummer since it's the only sure way to get RGC.
    Xoner likes this.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

This has happened to our guild twice now.

First week after killing rhag1 rhag2 did not spawn. Super cool since you need RGC.

This week we killed rhag1 and rhag2 and then arch lich did not spawn. Again super cool!

Thank goodness the GMs have a "hands off policy". Fix this FFS
  9. Sarepean Lorekeeper

It's kind of disturbing how many people are having this issue. I won't lie: I kind of thought our guild was the only one.

Is everyone killing the named from bottom to top starting in the basement? I guess I'm trying to determine what we all have in common besides being a little screwed for loot by what I'm presuming is a bug.
    Xoner likes this.
  10. Sebbun Augur

Yes, we killed Rhag1, Rhag2 and then went to go kill AL except he was missing.

Wouldn't even matter had they not made this huge ordeal in preventing RGC from being researched.... But here we are.
    Xoner likes this.
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

We killed Rhag 1. Then moved into the basement for Cursed cycle. Then went back up and killed Rhag 2.
  12. Sebbun Augur

Yup happened again, we killed Rhag 1 and 2 and then beelined it straight to Arch Lich. Total time took ~10 minutes.

Can you please enable RGC research since this is now week two? So. Dumb.
    Xoner and Duder like this.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Devs the mob names spawning you need to check on this
    Rhag`Zhezum (Rhag 1)
    Rhag`Mozdezh (Rhag 2)
    Arch Lich Rhag`Zadune

Many guilds having issues with spawning. We had Rhag 2 fail to spawn our first week and Arch Lich failed to spawn the second week. Please fix as it is the ONLY way to get Remove Greater Curse during Luclin.
  14. Sebbun Augur

Is there any chance we could get a Dev response? I've seen a few comments in Discord that this was something that the devs couldn't reproduce. With that in mind, is there any reason why Rhag1, Rhag2 and AL can't all just spawn when you get a DZ?

Thanks!

EDIT: This mob is a huge one for progression in Luclin. Prior to Coirnav, RGC could be researched which meant that AL spawning was just an inconvience for Orbs. A missed Arch Lich without RGC being researchable is really really bad for progression. This should make it a fairly high priority for TLPs. An easier solution would be to un-nerf the RGC research spell (which should have never been done in the first place.....)
    Duder likes this.
  15. Sarepean Lorekeeper

With as frequently as this has been occurring, I'm sure my guild would welcome the presence of a dev or GM to watch us reproduce this issue this week provided they'll forcefully pop Arch Lich if he doesn't pop for us.
  16. GNOME_POWER Augur

Can you prove that you are not using the tool?
    Because if I were a developer, I might plant an anti-tool gimmicks.
  17. Sarepean Lorekeeper

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but there's absolutely no concern on my part if a GM or dev were to want to attend one of our raids to see what's going on.
  18. Sebbun Augur

What the heck does this even mean? There's no "Tool" for spawning or despawning mobs. Wow.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Was the comment about a tool a stab at humor? Perhaps GNOME_POWER will enlighten us. And if there is one, how can I get one?
  20. GNOME_POWER Augur

Yes, of course I hope that my fears are unfounded.