Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Brunlin Augur

No, I do not. I think Everquest is at its best in its classic form (Classic through Velious). I am someone who plays on p99 off and on. I love the static runs from 1-50 though be able to do it on a Classic Kunark run from `1 though 60 would be fun. I think EQ live is garbage, Im not really interested in anything above GOD. I would prefer a server that launches and reset every couple years, with achievements of course.( I would even prefer it to be on its own combat tables closer to its actual classic form but keeping the QOL of course) That being said, I do have that with P99 green though the reset will be every 3 years i think.
  2. Triconix Augur

To each their own, I suppose.

The game is just way too over simplistic for most things for my liking now. Classes are maybe a handful of buttons, raids are basically the same thing with different model mobs and in a different zone, and the gameplay is extremely slow paced. I definitely enjoyed these eras more when playing them at their inception, maybe because I was young and ignorant, but now going back I wish it were a little more complex so I'm more excited for post POP.

I do think the overall atmosphere - zone design, creativity, etc - are better so that's why I I've enjoyed my time on TLP. Plus the nostalgia is a key factor. But, with that being said, it's very hard to ignore the dichotomy between my warrior on live and my warrior on TLP. The later is just so incomplete with his tool set. I literally have 6 useful buttons to perform my job and that's being generous. I have some other buttons for just utility junk - potions, clickys, etc, but it's not even close to my live character. It's like having a hand and foot cut off.

I guess what I'm saying is classes are just better designed now, period. It's not really even an argument at this point. Certain classes in classic through even POP were lacking pretty extensively in their development. And unless you're actively playing one of the ridiculously overtuned classes in classics where one button click means you do more overall damage and faster dps than just about anyone (I'm looking at you ebolt), it's hard to justify that era of gameplay being superior.

What exactly do you think is "garbage" with live after GOD? Have you played in it extensively? Are you just not a fan of the fast-paced gameplay? I know the game became more linear and the release of achievements in UF confirms it, but there are still many great expansions, zones, raids, etc, after GOD. I'd say 3 of the top 5 expansions are post GOD (OOW, TSS, RoF) and all but one of the best raiding zones ever made are found in GOD and beyond.
    Skuz and Barraind like this.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

People are weird.

I dunno who can look at group progression options that got added in DoN, TSS, and then basically the entirety of SoF - CotF (TBS and TDS are kind of the blaaaaah bookends on that era) and go "nah, I'd rather play the original era.

The original era was good in the original era, but it got so much better.

Actually, I DO know who can do that pretty often; krono farmers. That stuff dies out real fast outside chase loot. New TLP's are absolutely where I go to stock up on krono if I feel like I need it.
    Brunlin likes this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

TSS+ EQ is good, it just takes a little time to learn and adjust. At this point, the reward for an Eq player who has not experienced these later eras of EQ is great in my opinion, almost like getting a good sequel to a beloved game.
    Foaming and Skuz like this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Time for Miragul 2.0

[IMG][IMG]
  6. Triconix Augur

There are 10 expansions between GOD and where Miragul placed characters. I don't get how saying content past GOD is fantastic is equivalent to thinking Miragul was a good idea. The problem with Miragul is that classes were so highly developed by the time HoT was released, the normal TLPmiller would have no clue what's going on. Therefore, there is a need to traverse and experience all expansions. You learn your class layer by layer as it gets more complex. Diving into a char on Miragul after being used to classic-POP is like driving a space ship after only driving a 94 Ford Bronco. You're most likely going to crash and burn and end up thinking it sucks.

The other thing is a lot of people who state anything after POP is bad didn't actually play. They tried EQ2 or WoW around that time because it was the new thing. I see a couple vocal people stating the anything after POP sucked but literally no examples or reasons are listed. Given the chance, I bet they would find a lot of the content is very good and this is coming from someone who has played since '99. Personally, OOW-TSS is way better era than classic-luclin (this is mainly a raider perspective).
  7. Jimmy2times Elder

Gonna keep bumping this thread till I am dead. Can we pleeeeeeaseese get some news so I can take a day or two off work so I can sit in the queue and not be able to log in on TLP launch, then I can spam the forums?
  8. Glowerss Augur

Miragul should have started in TSS. I still think a TSS start server would be fascinating.

I also strongly agree with the people saying that the GoD and beyond game is a fantastic experience. Really, it's just tragic that the 70s era is so prolonged and garbage that it saps a lot of the life out of servers.

If OoW launched with DoN and DoDH launched with PoR and got out of that era in 5 months instead of 9 it would go a long way towards helping attrition.

I sincerely hope they hold off on TLPs for awhile tho either way. Given Mangler/Aradune ect a chance to live a little before fracturing the playerbase further.
    Barraind likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think a TSS start would be a great option with the 1-75 levelling path it has, but I think the biggest "success barrier" for Miragul was Truebox.
    A TSS start server should start with no Truebox, Truebox is good for Pre-Planes of Power expansions which is where 99% of krono-farming happens.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

If I want to play a good/fun online game I have literally thousands of options almost all of them being better than mid/late era Everquest content. If I want to play an mmo I am nostalgic about I have early EQ and that’s all.
  11. Basak Augur

I can stand by a TSS start TLP. I will miss out on DoN, DoDh, and whatever the monstrosity that came between DoDh and TSS was called raiding but I suppose with the right guild we can still do the raiding as we level up.
  12. Mashef Augur

Hopefully nothing until at least winter/fall. I will be retiring from EQ in January/February 2022 when Aradune is done. (the game ends at epic 2.0 in OoW if you were wondering) As mentioned above, literally any other game is better than content post OoW and even OoW is only about epic 2.0.

They could suck me back in with a cool server that isn't traditional TLP clones of existing servers.
  13. Nicorus Elder

Why would they release a new TLP that unlocks at TSS when Mangler is itself going to unlock TSS in May? That would make no sense.

I do think a promo comeback & catch up promo on Mangler is probably a better idea than a fresh server. Disable truebox on mangler, give everyone one boost character to level 55 with some gear (including free epic 1.0) and move the auto grant AA from 4 expansions back to 2 or 3 expansions back.

Agree on the points made about HoT being way to far in, past DoDH the game really starts to slowly get more abilities and go from the classic slow combat to a much faster pace.
  14. Warkral New Member

For the record, quite a few of us just lurk and every few weeks check in, however we are waiting for news on a new progression server. You can check my history, I've been playing EQ since 2000, including 2 progression servers. For reasons out of my control I couldn't continue with them however I am looking forward to a NEW progression server which I have every intention of joining.
    Hoping for news soon............
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Well we aren't planning on stopping them, but if you're expecting news "soon". We aren't going to be sharing soon.
  16. Machen New Member

The biggest problem with Miragul was truebox.

Well, that and it was released in direct competition to Phinigel and Selos. Players that wanted to play those expansions already had a place to do so immediately.
  17. Jimmy2times Elder

Bump! News!? Bump!
  18. Jimmy2times Elder

Bump! News!? Bump!!!!
  19. Brunlin Augur

This ^
  20. mark Augur

my take on server,3 weeks classic,3 months of all lvl60 expansions,3 months of lvl 65.3 months every 5 lvl,no keys required for eany zone including all door unlocked befallen sszra etc,also these way if people leave the server they can come back no need for keys can be plv and equiped while raiding or grouping etc.