Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's a supply and demand thing, if ST1.0 is open always for everyone whose gonna pay 80kr for an illusion?
  2. jeskola pheerie

This is awesome! What else should we have Bobbybick ask for?
    Protocol likes this.
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

Yeah dog it’s been 21 years I think the casuals have waited long enough, we can let them see the super secret Sleepers Tomb 1.0
    Foaming likes this.
  4. Digler Elder

Dude...really? You still have to complete the quests. In fact, one could argue that some of these quests were made "harder" by removing loop holes.

Do you milk your own cows? Slice your own bread? of here with that none sense.

I consider the issues around these quest choke points (there are more than just the epics...VP Key anyone, Chardock Cords?) to be a major problem for the game. The challenge shouldn't be sitting at your computer long enough to outlast other players.

I'm not saying things should simply be handed over, but the griefing related to these quests needs to end, because its bad for the game. The griefing won't end on its own. The code needs to change.

I applaud these changes.
  5. narcissistic_person New Member

Spirit Wracked Cords bottleneck still needs to be addressed imo.
    Foaming and Digler like this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Think having it tied to expansion is much more likely.
    ST 1.0 in Velious and ST 2.0 in Luclin+.

The way it currently works is way out of line with how it was back in the day. The way it works caters to RMTers and griefers. It's really bad design and causes massive drama every server.
  7. Digler Elder

This would be fantastic. I have to imagine the only people that would complain about this are the RMT crowd that would see their prices drop for some of the items out of here.
  8. Digler Elder

I agree 100%. This quest is straight up toxic. Those two goblins, which are the choke points, need to either spawn much, much, much more frequently, or simply stay up.
    Foaming and narcissistic_person like this.
  9. Lemerian Elder

It still is different since it's capped to five slots until underfoot.

It also didn't get released until part way into Mangler and Selo. To three TLP cycles is a stretch, especially since no one ever counts miragul.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Have your guild pile into FM after every Gorenaire kill to generate a pick, and voila your goblins are up.
  11. Digler Elder

Well, it would be after VS. I'm not sure who kills Gore on a regular basis.

Also, there are still opportunities for griefing in that situation. A much better approach would be to keep the goblins up, or greatly increase their spawn time, or incorporate a way to trigger them to spawn.

Should I really need to bring 50 of my closest and dearest friends for a simple turn-in or a killing an NPC most any class can solo?
  12. narcissistic_person New Member

Exploiting the pick system as you mentioned Skuz does work, but it should not be a fix, nor is it viable for many players. The cords are used through velious and luclin, but during those expansions guilds aren't clearing Kunark anymore. When the entirety of the quest can be completed by less than a full group, it should not require a guild for what should be some of the most trivial portions.
    Wyndar likes this.
  13. Digler Elder

Amen brother!

I'll also add...

If adjusting the goblins spawn rate, or simply keeping them up all the time, would lead to the quest being "too easy", there are other adjustments that can be made. However, I would remind people that there are still a few items that need to be collected which aren't exactly trivial to get. A good amount of time farming Juggs (or killing Trak) is still required, along with getting the Urn. Key quests are also required in order to get into those zones to get those drops. Furthermore, the faction work ain't exactly a joke, or it is going to cost you a good amount of Plat/Krono. That is considerable time committed to the quest.

If people go to the trouble of getting the keys, getting the drops, and getting the faction...I think they should be able to get their Cords without also requiring a circle-jerk around two goblins. I'm definitely not alone in this opinion.

Also, I don't think my feelings on this qualify as "OMG fr33 lootz 4 all, when we log in? What's next?"

I would also suggest, as the Cords quest stands currently, there are several of the epic quests which I think are easier than the cords quest to complete. Even if the goblin bottlenecks were removed, I think an epic or two would still be "easier". That doesn't exactly seem appropriate.
    Wyndar likes this.
  14. Aegir Augur

Just be happy it's still available in Kunark. The questline wasn't put into the game until late Velious back in the day.

Maybe they recognize the Cord quest in the same line as the "Archaeologist" quests.

I think it's more within the spirit of the Dain Ring Quests or Brell's Shawl.
  15. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Using a 1h before Shield Block, outside specific circumstances, was never worth it.

The gain from Shield AC pre-VT was miniscule, and even with Shield of Spiked Energy, it was bagged unless I was DA tanking.

1h/shield didnt start being anywhere near worth it until FBash + shield block, and even then, it was primarily on fights with AE components using Hopebringer pre GBoC/Vanazir or Blade of Forgotten Faith pre 2.0/DoN 2h.
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

You may have played a paladin a lot, but you certainly aren't playing it correctly a lot. You should almost exclusively use a 2h wep, no questions asked. The name of this game is all dps and 2h will give you more of it. There's almost no situation in the game that will require a pally to use a shield besides maybe MTing in classic.

For better or worse, the name of the game is dps and 2h will give you the most.
    jeskola likes this.
  17. Digler Elder

That's a fair point, and I am thankful the quest is available. But, that is no reason to just sit back and not request improvements to the game play. Especially when it relates to quality of life issues. It is one of the most complained about issues on TLP servers.

If this gets fixed, will people just move onto the next issue? They sure will, and there is nothing wrong with seeking to constantly improve the product.
  18. Lemerian Elder

You do plenty of off tanking as a paladin and shield is straight ac gain. 100 ac shield is 100 ac. It absolutely does make a difference when tanking.
    Xanadas likes this.
  19. Kodachi Augur

Reason #3564 that tlp confuses me. You don't get cazic thule until pop, but you get sleepers 2.0 in velious.
  20. Warlorf Augur

Its too bad accts couldn't be flagged so that if you've done the epic on one server, but swap to another (non TLP). You have your epic mobs spawn when you arrive to hasten the ordeal if you roll the same race/class.