Are bazaar automated price script users causing lag?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You know what I meant. You can only sell 100 items at a time. So you don't need to search hundreds of items a day.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah cause all of you aren't doing the same thing claiming its causing lag? LOL. You are so funny its fine for you to pull numbers out of your backside but no one else can :).

If there were more then the occasional person cheating with autobots in the baz it would be the talk of every server. Maybe on FV with its bigger market or the latest TLP but using xegony as an example it seems they are pretty rare.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This is like blaming recessions on poor people or combating rising sea levels by going down to the beach and removing a bucket of water every day ... the lag has nothing to do with what people are legitimately doing in game (and while I understand the hatred of bots, my understanding is they're doing what any other person could do.... just continuously). The bonebreaking, soul-crushing lag is most definitely something else... probably on the backend in how the game servers are implemented and/or present resources. The fact that we regularly beat raids that never actually DO any of their mechanics because the lag is just so bad is a joke. The other day someone on discord yelled "everyone send in your swarm pets, the lag isn't bad enough" because the raid mechanics were actually kind of working.
    Svann2 and Metanis like this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I am not saying it is the cause or it is not the cause. I was sayint IT COULD be a cause. You on the otherhand are constantly on here telling us what IS AND WHAT IS NOT. I was saying it would be easy to check it out. I guess I dont have the special ins with the Devs like you do.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Another one of those fine posts were it says there was an error try again, you do and then BAM double post. Why cant they put a dang delete button on there with the edit?
  6. jeskola pheerie

How much time have you spent on servers outside Xegony? It isn't rare IMO.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

*shrug* I'm on Cazic and run two traders most of the time. While I've seen auto-price updaters once or twice, it's so sporadic that I think it's a non-issue. I've managed to catch ONE ... read ONE trader ... in my years of paying attention to the bazaar that was auto-updating prices immediately on the fly. And I simply took note of the items he was updating, put one item on my trader for an absurdly low price, and when he/she updated the price to beat me I bought all their stuff. Done and done.

As for lag... please. If you want to make the argument that bazaar searches are "contributing" to lag, then lets also make the assertion that this ridiculous conversation on forums hosted by DPG is ALSO contributing to the overall resource glut we see in game. If only this thread didn't exist, I'd be able to solo Zlandicar lag free!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why should Xegony be an exception? All I will point out is one server not having any issue indicates that this is not every server.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Read my posts again. I have been saying that there would have to be a LOT of people doing it... I suspsect dozens per server before it could be considered the cause of any of the current lag issues. Yes I agree every single toon logged in causes some lag.

Autobots in the baz, while they should be banned from the game, can't be causing significant lag. If I some how came across as saying autobots in the baz cannot cause even a tiny insignificant amount of lag then I apologize. However getting rid of them won't make any significant difference in our current lag situation, in my opinion.
    Flatchy and Svann2 like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not happening on Tunare either.

TLP I bet.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yep that is my bet too. Greed does crazy things to folks and sadly new TLPs attract greedy folks as well as those just wanting to have a good time.
    CatsPaws likes this.