CoV Raid Item Vendor Cost - Is this for real?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I'd prefer it if they upped the coins to 20/25 and leave it at that for the year. If anything the raids get easier over time as players get more gear/AAs, my wins in the early part of the year should be worth more than those later in the year when things are easier, not the other way round.

Risk V reward

Extra coins for achieves as we had in TDS would be welcome too.
    Ssdar, Tegila and OldCa61 like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Then they need to be farming ToV while farming CoV T1. There are plenty of upgrades available not on lockout.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having just had double loot dropping for the last 6 months a doubt there is much they need from ToV
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It looks like people figured out the math we used and the reason for the change.
    Yes, it is a shock early, but we don't have a way to automatically change the vendor prices like we do the reward you get, so we DO have to consider the whole year.

Also, we are not changing the way the price changes through out the year and making it a flat higher number. If we were to do that, we'd simply exempt live servers from the system and leave the currency at 10 and the price basis 1.0

That said. I do agree it is price shock. I had considered reducing the multiplier, but I didn't make a ticket and got distracted by other work and forgot about it.

So, we will be reducing the multiplier from 2.5 to 2.0.
    Jennre, Ssdar, Eaiana and 3 others like this.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Ngreth...the display of pity is a bad look for a son of Rallos Zek!
    Svann2 and dreamweaver like this.
  6. Enja New Member

So, if I follow the math correctly, it seems to encourage people to only log in to raid starting the second half of the year.
  7. ArtremasEQ Augur

Ore isn't on the vendor yet anyway, so it's price is fairly moot.

Looks like have to defeat T3 raids to unlock Vendor TS Ore, assuming it is going to be there at all.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Hmm i seem to be missing something here. What does this multiplier effect?
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My guess is raid/group vendor item cost.
  10. Nargoul Journeyman

I imagine it’s got to feel even worse, when it takes 3 months to have access to all the raids. First month is a 0, second earned at 1/3rd rate, and the third month 2/3 rate.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Outside of raids starting 1 month into the expansion the slow opening of raids has always been there as you slowly keyed up. Now you just don't have to worry about keying up to get into the raids and for some that opens later raids up sooner.
  12. German Augur

Lets not forget the double ore in T1. We didn't have that last year. Will it double again sometime this year to 4 per chest? Who's main that raided ToV doesn't have a pile of raid currency sitting around? That raid vendor in EW was getting hammered on patch day for glowing runes so it might have shrunk a little.
  13. Jennre Band Leader

Well, there is the actual game to be played. There is plenty of stuff to do outside of raiding. If you don't find the game enjoyable, that is on you =P
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, I get an adrenaline rush when Im with my guild on their first win. :cool:

It is not nearly as exciting to win a raid the first time, if everyone else in the raid are just doing their "old routine", and you are just getting dragged along to a certain win.

In everquest, a victory is a social experience! :cool: