Are bazaar automated price script users causing lag?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Feb 7, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why are you assuming they will have to fork over 5 krono for the Gift? They are not stupid.

They will just pay the $30 like you.

Requiring the latest expansion would do nothing but hurt the common player who does NOT have the money or has to save up for the latest.

You can't get to them thru their wallets, nor can alter programs to stop them.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats because its the 40 people not the bazaar. With just one person in zone you wont see any lag no matter how many bazaar searches are happening. Its the people in zone not the bazaar searches.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

you think the pp farmers who only use the in-game krono system and they spend 1 krono per month to pay for there trader is gonna want to fork over R/L cash to buy an expansion .. I wouldnt think so .. and that would stop alot of them maybe not all ..

I believe if DBG is gonna get control of this automation botters ie afk botters, auctionbots then a 2 or 3 step process verification needs to happen ..

step 1 baz traders need current expansion to Trade/barter or completely revamp baz to offline auctionhouse.

step 2 afaik the afk botters actually have the afk tag above there name at least the ones ive seen .. so have a system in place that a window pops up on their screen (random area of the screen each time) with a 6 digit code they have to enter in the box .. and then hit a checkbox to agree to certain ToS .. then hit enter ..if the code is not entered within a 2min time frame then that toon gets auto camped ..

step 3 if your afk for more than 10min with the afk tagline above your name your mercs get autosuspended ..

those are just some ideas .. not sure how good they would be or not but just throwing ideas out .
  4. Duder Augur

That statement tells me you have completely missed the point of this entire thread. Numerous different things everywhere are contributing to the abysmal SERVER lag, not just within one zone. Cutting down on those contributing factors, server-wide, is the point.
    Qelil and Deux like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think the number of folks doing it causes no significant lag. Check. What 2 people per sever doing it? Really that is going to cause massive lag? Check.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes as a guild leader of over 21 years I like to keep an eye on what is going on? Does that offend you? Are you upset that I do that? If the answer is yes I advise you to seek professional help.

Where are all these bots people talk about. If people can name even on on Xegony please PM me and tell me who so I can check it out. Last time I ran into one was about 4 years ago. And it was ONE.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Go for it maybe they will then ban everyone once it actually becomes as common as some of you think it is. Though I guess just some servers could be a big problem. I just don't see it on Xegony. None of the big traders there I have looked at are using them.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed. I dont think autobots in the bazaar are the cause of any lag and I rarely ever see them but if they can detect and ban those using autobots in baz then hopefully it happens. BUT, it won't change the lag we get.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

What about TLPs? Before you say you don't care about TLP, DPG does.
    Duder likes this.
  10. lancelove Augur

If you are lagging in the bazaar, it might be time to look at a better pc....or turn you settings down ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. nitrocutter Journeyman

Those ideas are bonkers. I sit AFK in trader mode all day and check on it to see what sold. No way would I want to have my experience constantly kicked because I didn't enter a code.
    Barraind and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Duder Augur

Another one who read absolutely nothing of the thread.
    Deux likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you know we can turn auto afk on or off? And we have auto merc passive? Window screen - options.

Most players cannot even get past the regular 2 step verification specifically when it bugs out like it does every few months so to have one on baz trader would be a nightmare.
  14. Jennre Band Leader

This will start to address the server lag, at least in raid instances. It isn't bazaar bots or anything else. I am not saying those things don't contribute to overall server lag. The lag we are seeing is at least partially related to this particular issue.
  15. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Uhhhhhhhhh, what?

I can sell hundreds of items in 15 minutes.

Yeah, no actual players check multiple collection items, or bags, or have to search the same thing 4 ways because we still dont have a way to sort out faded/muhabis/nonsensecontainer from real containers, or see more than the default number of items per trader (that little box is nonfunctional and has never BEEN functional) or check to see if the right chase items are listed, or anything like that.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, you think that the source of lag FOR THE WHOLE SERVER doesn't cause any lag in the zone which is supposedly generating all of the lag?

No lag in Bazaar = not the source of lag for the rest of the server.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

You know what, never mind, you don't know what you're talking about. No one said it caused ALL the lag, holy moly. Contributing factors is the topic. I bolded the text and underlined it, hope that helps you.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

It might possibly contribute a teeny tiny bit of the lag.
    But probably not. Bazaar search is more likely on a separate server, just like chat has its own server separate from player movement which is on a separate server from mob movement. Any time you see lag on one thing and not another they are almost certainly on different servers. When chat is down but you can still run around its because they are on different servers.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Pulling numbers out of your Hoo Haw as if you know, check.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

I personally would not mind it if they automatically put traders in offline mode.
    Duder and Sissruukk like this.