Baublie Diggs won't give me the Journeyman Jewelry maker test.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ranger Dave, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

I have an unmodified skill of 200 in jewel crafting and Baublie Diggs won't give me the Journeyman test. She says I already have the trophy and she won't give it to me again. I only have the freshman trophy. This is on FV.

Ranger Dave
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

Do you mean that you forgot to equip a trophy and increased your skills?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you have the Freshman trophy you already completed the test & you cannot complete more than one for each trade.
    Then while crafting you must have the trophy equipped in order for it to gain experience & eventually evolve through the ranks.

This is an evolving item:
    1. Beginner Jeweler Trophy
    2. Apprentice Jeweler Trophy
    3. Freshman Jeweler Trophy
    4. Journeyman Jeweler Trophy
    5. Expert Jeweler Trophy
    6. Master Jeweler Trophy
    7. Intricate Jewelers Glass
  4. Gialana Augur

Also, don't worry too much if your skill is higher than your current trophy level. If, for instance, you have a Freshman trophy and your unmodified skill is above 200 or higher, then your trophy will evolve with far faster than if your skill were still between 150 and 200. Just make sure to equip it when you do combines that count for trophy experience.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Thanks for the responses Skuz and Gialana. Obviously I misunderstood how this works.

Ranger Dave
    Skuz likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is confusing since there are two things going on here.

The first is what tradeskill level you are at when you ask for the test and you have to be at least level 50 in the tradeskill- for example if your skill is:

50 to 99 you will be given the Beginner Test
    or if your skill is 100-149 then the Apprentice
    Freshman (150-199), Journeyman (200-249), Expert (250-299), Master (300).

The beginner ones are far easier than the other levels.

This is why everyone says to do the free tradeskill quests in AB sea or Cresent Reach first. Those will take you to level 50 free of charge for most tradeskills. The go see Baublie and get the trophy.

Now the second one is where you equip your trophy and it skills up the next levels as you do your combines.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

since you already have the trophy, you change it to the journeyman by equipping it and doing combines. it will automatically roll over to the next level when you finish the evolution. you don't have to go back and retest.
    Skuz likes this.