Named mobs drop type 5 augs that are sold on vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Why would anyone go camp a mob to get an aug to sell back to a vendor to get currency to buy a different aug when they could just go camp the mob that drops the aug they want ?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id guess to conserve currency to buy bags for their alts.
    Why else would people want to sell an aug back?
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Also, if no one wants a type 5 aug that drops, you can loot it and sell it to can grab coins for the one you actually want.
    Derka likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

350 is the sell back.

I was surprised at how much.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Can you actually sell looted augs though? I thought they would distinguish whether an aug was dropped or bought and only buyback the ones you bought.
  6. smash Augur

I do not care that the type 5 augs drop from named ones, but it would be a lot better if they could drop from all the named ones, instead of a specifik 7 ones

The way it is now, it makes 7 specifik named ones over camped, instead they should have lower changes top drop, but they could drop from any of the names ones.

That way, could camp any named, instead of specifik 7/8 ones, and they should instead of drop from mostly T1 named, it should be T2 or T3.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So, I have *1* looted int type 5 and the rest were coin bought. I pulled all out of gear into a bag. And every single one could be sold back for 350.

I don't think there are two different type 5 augs for each stat in the game atm (or at least before the test patch).
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you buy the wrong one on accident. I've done that a few times thinking I was buying a dex aug for my tank but I was on the Wizard's screen.
    Filter likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

CoV has a dropped LORE aug, and then the vendor augs ALSO can drop (rarely) from named, and there is no way for the game to tell whether you bought it or looted it. (They have logs for sure, but that's not something a vendor has access to).
  10. Derresh Augur

I don't get the point of this thread, nameds dropping slot 5s is great and the option to sell back should always be there.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

People think it's going to make the aug dropper camps used by botters, despite the fact the drop rate is so abysmally low any smart botter is going to farm something better.
    sauron3030, Elyssanda and Barton like this.
  12. dubblestack Elder

Probably someone who has all the augs already but wants to get it changed for whatever reason, I was just discussing this exact thread being created last week.
  13. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the point is to incentivize doing something OTHER than missions. not to incentivize doing more of them.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

There really aren't many things I'd compliment the devs on at this point, mainly due to the lag issues we're having and lack of original content they've created however...

I have to give them props for making an additional way to farm type 5's. There are some people who can't farm missions, or would rather not farm missions for augs.

Personally, I ran missions with my FS/guildies and then also camped the type 5's which worked out wonderfully. I had no issues with camps. ( I feel this is due to me camping the type 5's early on while no one really knew they were dropping )

What would have been pretty cool to see is having a tiered system of sorts. For example, T1 has a 4% drop rate for the type 5, T2 has a 6% and T3 having an 8% drop rate. This would allow more people to camp the aug of their choice, without a pick zone required and also giving players a risk vs reward system with said farming. ( higher the tier, harder the mobs, better the drop rate )

Since that's not the situation, I would advise players to just be patient and remember that last year, you didn't even have the option of farming type 5's in this manner. Eventually the camp WILL open up.

Good luck and happy farming!
    Filter and adetia like this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

The whole problem goes back to the ore dropping like rain at the start of the expansion. Everyone who saw the opportunity said screw T1 and T2 loot and jumped tight to T3 stuff. Now the only thing people have left to camp is augs so we got perma camped aug mobs. Yeah there is progression and achievements left to do but I always loved gearing my toons most out of the game.
    Elyssanda, Filter and Moege like this.
  16. Evye Augur

I do indeed miss the BIS items having the cool more unique names.
    Thats why we should be able to name our items or them have a random name generator!

I'd like to add as well I camped the shark for days and 30 spawns I got 2 of the agi augs and 1 of the 90ac aug.

17. Maedhros High King

Unless I am mistaken, the only type 5 aug that you can buy from the venders that drops from a named that is unbelievably common is the dex aug from Morweiner.
    I guess I need to camp dex augs to sell back so I can finish my stamina set.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

I was thinking the agi aug from sharkey was the common one.
  19. Maedhros High King

Maybe it is also common. I know I camped the shark for a long time for the type 7/8 aug but never saw a type 5 from it. Meanwhile about 15 melee from my guild have finished their dex augs from Morweiner though. It probably has something to do with the desirability of dex compared to agi. I think I only have 3 or 4 agi users in my guild.
  20. Cadira Augur

..Y.....you....MONSTER!