FV Trained - Not sure where to put

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kounterchrome, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Kounterchrome New Member

I'm not a community streamer I just like playing live, so I'm not promoting anything...I don't even have donations set up on my Affiliate channel nor do I rarely record as well, but this was recorded live.

I have an all access EQ account costing me time and $$$ and there should be repercussions when people do this. You can clearly see the person on the Highlight didn't pull the bottom floor or courtyard.

I have the Highlight up on Twitch and hopefully YT soon..granted I talked a lot of exaggerated smack afterwords just to see their response, sorry I was fuming..explicit language, but FV just has a cesspool of humans on it that need to go.

Channel name for both Twitch/YT = Kounterchrome.
    Deux likes this.
  2. Qelil Augur

I'm not sure what the goal is here as you don't explicitly state one. However, you basically have two options when another player gives you a hard time in some fashion such as by training you. They are as follows:

1.) Petition it and offer to provide proof if you are not able to do so directly within the petition.
    2.) Let it go if you don't feel like wasting any more time on it (usually the better option)
  3. Nargoul Journeyman

Looks like you got trained by a Mr. Quest2 group.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

5. dwish Augur

FV indeed has really become a cesspool of human garbage over the last 5 years and its sad honestly. Ban all the people using certain boxing software that's supposed to be illegal and I guarantee you half the server if not more is gone overnight. Maybe that's the natural progression of a server that allows you to pay to win so easily now since Krono came into the game. I have been on the server a long time and it's sad to see what this server has become. To top it all off, it's extremely crowded as well (due to some of the reason I just listed) so we get daily lag that they won't/can't fix.
  6. nitrocutter Journeyman

What company in their right mind would ban half of a revenue stream (heck maybe even 3/4 of that server's revenue stream)?
  7. menown Augur

A good company that is more focused on the long term gains than the short term.
    Duder likes this.
  8. lancelove Augur

Who Verant? Oh wait, I guess EQ has been owned by a few companies, it's a commodity to make money. The businesses that owned EQ, except for the first, were in it for the profit in short terms. In my humble opinion.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Sony Online Entertainment always owned EQ up to the point they sold to DBG. 989 Studios was Sony. I'm less clear on whether Verant Interactive was a Sony subsidiary or whether Sony was the publisher for Verant.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

This story details a bit about the origins of EQ. You will have to scroll down a bit to find a mention of Verant.

https://www.pcgamer.com/breaking-th...of-everquest-the-mmo-that-changed-everything/

Quoting from the story, "Though a Microsoft offer was on the table ready to be signed, Smedley ultimately found a corporate suitor in a different Sony company called Sony Online Entertainment. The EverQuest team formed their own company, called Verant Interactive, and moved to a different office building just a short walk away."

A bit further on, "Sony, quickly realizing that EverQuest wasn't doomed, re-acquired Verant Interactive and merged it with Sony Online Entertainment, forming an entirely new PC games division under Smedley's rule."
    Accipiter and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I checked your twitch channel out and looks like the video you referred to is gone unless I'm missing something. That being said, people should never, ever, train a FD class it's really asking for trouble...not to mention just not training in general!
  12. Fohpo Augur

The population has proven time and time again that the threats to quit are hollow. Look at how long botting and other "frowned upon" behavior has gone unchecked across pretty much all servers. Yet, so many people still come to cry on the forums at such behavior as if it's made a difference in the past.
  13. cadres Augur

A company that recognises that even if someone has 20 paid for accounts (dubious for most of the illegal software brigade), they are driving away far far more legit players

On AB they finally banned our resident bully/camp/mob stealer and it's been lovely to see so many folk trickling back.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Zynt likes this.