Fixed Internally Aaryonar Raid Bugs (Same Seen In Beta)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cragzop, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Dhurgan Augur

I think the reason people are seeing this as a bug is because we as players would look for a fail mechanic to reset the raid instead of continue on in a no win situation where Grolik is locked and no way to unlock. After reviewing our logs of many failed runs, it seemed that Grolik would lock fairly consistently after the sixth round of orb to aura completion. Grasping at straws here, but could it be some remnants of the locking/unlocking that was originally on the beta version but got removed for live? Was it a counter that after six misses of no echo of shadow hits on Grolik, he would lock and then you would need to unlock him? I would be curious, the guilds that did win, did you have casters with the echo of shadow every round and dropping bombs on Grolik, so you would potentially not get him to lock/bug?
    The real Sandaormo likes this.
  2. Deillusional Augur

to the people who previously got the lock bug what hp did it regen to 87 from?
  3. Deillusional Augur

Also worth noting we experienced it every time before we won it. we stopped on the Saturday due to this bug, and experienced most of Sunday on this, trying to counteract it. I am not sure of what it due to but have some theories that I have private messaged absor about
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Has anyone who has beaten this, that’s also been experiencing this bug NOT gotten rule of three upon victory?
  5. Lianeb Augur

Rule of three is broken.
    I watched a guild stream last night and they had 3 earth up and explode (I thought they would wipe), guess three earth doesn't do as much damage.
    At the end they got the achievement.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Thanks. I was just mentally ripping things apart for possible commonalities when I should have been sleeping and I was pretty sure that every stream I skimmed over also showed the rule of three and I know several of our runs we had three at once.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

As a reminder, this bug was first reported in early November, and had at least one attempt at a fix, which didn't fix it at that time on beta. The 87% lock bug has been there since early November. This might jog the memory perhaps of those involved however? [IMG]
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Oh also - I don't think its related to Grolik's proximity to auras, but could be wrong. The reason I don't think its related to that is we actually tanked Grolik outside the room and in the hallway just to avoid that scenario, and it still locked.
  9. German Augur

After doing a timeline of this event, listening to things said and watching very carefully after the win, I think its not going slow enough on Grolik/Guardians and getting ahead of things. On our win, we ensure every guardian was dead before any more DPS was done to Grolik. We had ORB failures on our win, just a couple. We have people mess up Aura's (mostly the orb tanks).

We'll know more when we do it again if we're crazy or not since we're still beta testing this.

Go slow on Grolik, not super slow, but slow enough that you're killing all the guardians before moving back to Grolik (Orbs/Auras look like they are a separate thread. We went so slow our Necro's threatened to picket the guild hall. Took 18:40 going slow. No kiting, no rooting, no triple orbs (which is bad enough to just reset and start over anyway). We didn't even worry about when Aary went up to control orb/aura timer overlap.

Only other thing it could be is timers getting out of order. Oh, and cant wait for ST event 1.....you know....Golem lock at 0 if you dont get the right order of minis. I really hope that one is fixed it was more frustrating that Aary.
  10. German Augur

Oh, and he did reset to 87% the first run, 33%.

Relevant emotes going back to orb aura spawn:

[Mon Feb 08 19:25:47 2021] You hear a distant roar, causing a shudder to pass through you.
    [Mon Feb 08 19:25:52 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Mon Feb 08 19:25:54 2021] The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    [Mon Feb 08 19:25:54 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So After beta, before launch, we made a change that we thought would fix this.
    Obviously, it didn't.
    Absor still cannot reproduce this, but he looked at the scripts and made another speculative change that will be in the upcoming patch.
  12. Deillusional Augur

Ngreth, what were the conditions for the hp lock in the first place?

@German Our experience suggests the opposite to what you posted, as it always locked for us if there was no damage on grolik e.g. 80% adds and so on...
  13. The real Sandaormo Augur

If Absor actually cared, there are 25 guilds working on this and the problem is reproducing every night since T2's launch. We would gladly give him a raid spot to help him out.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So, I assume this cannot be done with a hotfix.

I will be honest. This is a major screw up (and with the issues for the golem raid in T3 that we have not heard have been fixed, really scary). Even if it takes an off cycle down time to fix this, it should be seriously considered.
    Metanis and The real Sandaormo like this.
  15. Absor Developer

I have done a thing that might fix it. I was able to reproduce the bug once, but not reliably, so I can't know if the fix works. We should have it out with the update next week.

I am sorry about this issue and the fact that it has persisted for so long.
  16. Zaray Augur

FWIW, couple of trigger misspellings, cause I'm OCD.

• You have already used this aura and cannot recieve it’s buff again.
    • The earth errupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    The real Sandaormo and Rondor like this.
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

That's CDO ( OCD in alphabetical order )
    Zaray likes this.
  18. Rondor Augur

An additional thing to fix in the same line: "it's" should be "its":
    • You have already used this aura and cannot recieve it’s buff again.
    Elyssanda and Zaray like this.
  19. Deillusional Augur

To the people who notice the bug, on the hp lock, what aura were you emoted previously and were you on adds at the time? for us it was purple on sunday like German's post above multiples times. So it might be a combination of no nukes on him for a while after the emote if everyone is getting the adds down or something?
    The real Sandaormo and Metanis like this.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

here's a few, it doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it though:

02/09/21 08:05:39 PM You hear a distant roar that sounds like stones grinding together.
    02/09/21 08:05:45 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 08:05:46 PM The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 08:05:48 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/09/21 08:05:48 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.

Since there is no logging message on the earth orb (success), we weren't sure if earth got in before shadow, and since we couldnt prove it one way or the other we switched to having shadow be "not last" in the auras, definitively on the next go, which made no difference either. (we at the time were thinking it might be the order in which the orbs went into the auras causing it, - spoiler: its not.).

02/09/21 08:36:22 PM You hear a distant roar as a wash of chilling air gusts past you.
    02/09/21 08:36:27 PM The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 08:36:28 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 08:36:31 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/09/21 08:36:31 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.

That one the shadow was (not last) but due to logging we couldn't be sure.

02/09/21 09:05:18 PM You hear a distant roar and feel the heat of intense flames.
    02/09/21 09:05:26 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/09/21 09:05:26 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    02/09/21 09:05:27 PM The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 09:05:30 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/09/21 09:05:32 PM The energy of the earthen orb merges with the pillar and absorbs one of the guardians with it.

This one it definitely wasn't last, but was definitely first as you can see.