Named mobs drop type 5 augs that are sold on vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Feb 8, 2021.

1. smash Augur

At once it might seem to be a good idea, but it is really not..

You created some named that are now sought out 24/7.

If it was the normal type 5 augs that are lore, then it would be ok. but you created named that drop the most sought out augs that are not lore on a few mobs, that is not so good.

Some named are placed very close together, which allows 1 single group, to camp all spawn points.

These named really need to be spread out of lot more instead of being in an area of 100*100.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The bigger issue is the drop rate. If you average 4 aug drops everyone 100 named kills, the entire server needs the camp.

I'm sure TBL complaints on Named drop augs (the 18/19 slots augs) got in the the way, but it would have been better to make the augs drop randomly off any named. Make it so type 5 augs drop 50% of named kills, make it all 7 augs can drop. It's HUGE difference from the madness that was 18/19 augs in TBL. There were 26 augs in the pool in TBL, here it would be 7. I've camped Morwenna for over 200 hours. I've looted 3 augs, seen 6 drop. While we appreciate the ability to camp these augs, this is literally playing the game to punch yourself in the crotch. Spoiler alert: that hurts.
    minimind and Cadira like this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Some rares seem to spawn A LOT better than others.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

It's nice that there is an option besides missions and currency vendors.

The missions are a lot more fun than 200 hours of underwater killing. And everyone wins in the missions. I have just been doing that, personally, and having a blast.
    adetia and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Etha Journeyman

It's nice for those that can't box the missions to be able to get the augs though.
  6. Zunar Augur

It's most likely the same people who box the missions that also box the named camps when mission(s) on replay timers.
    Shorten the replay timers on missions imo.
  7. Jokskilove Palzerker

I'd prefer more coins. Assuming you need 15 augs @ 500 points each, you need to do 15*500 / 45 = 167 missions to upgrade a full set.
    (I counted 19 type 5 slots on me - 4 of those are filled with Nathsar Diamond, Velium Thread Gem of Resilience + Celerity and Icy Barrier of the Loresinger)
    Jennre likes this.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

oh no! there's some incentive to play in the group game more than 4 missions?!?!?! HOW DARE THEY!
    Zynt, Kase, lancelove and 3 others like this.
  9. Jokskilove Palzerker

It's not about creating incentives - it's about avoiding bottlenecks. It's difficult enough to get a Pastletlith camp to get a single aug - and now you'll need to camp a single named to get 15 augs. There was already a good suggestion of adding the augs as a random drop to every named, instead of ensuring the same nameds would be permacamped.
  10. Warpeace Augur

About as great an idea as random power sources were on rare spawns:mad: . Better to have them on specific ones. If anything maybe increase the drop rate so people leave sooner.
  11. Jokskilove Palzerker

I'm just spitballing here. I'm in favour of solutions that encourage diversity in experiencing the content.
    If everyone is doing Zlandicar on lockout, or everyone camping the stupid drakes in the WW caverns, that's inherently broken. If every tank needs to camp the same named for (15 augs * 1 named per hour * 10% chance of named dropping the aug = 150 hours), that's broken too.
    An alternative (future) solution would be to move away from tradeskill items being the best in the game - make the mob drops the best, and make tradeskills a viable alternative to fill those difficult slots. If the "filler" augs currently available via currency could also be made via tradeskills and based on a rare drop (like the ores for making type 18/19 augs), you could avoid the "double random" (random chance for named to drop anything, and another random chance that the item is actually the one you need).
    Cadira likes this.
  12. Repthor Augur

I like it you have muliple outlets to get your gear. Missions beeing most rewarding and also drops some augs and ore now. Also ppl who cant or wont group have options to camp same things and its also a time investment.

I think its a good halfway meet. So anyone can have acess.if its camped well shoot, maybe it wont be later or maybe theres a pickzone you can check or see if any guildies are up for missions
    Warpeace likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

The proper way to incentivize “more” mission completions, is to umm well add more missions... Instead of forcing people through the same 4 missions until they need a toilet to hurl in.
    Elyssanda and sauron3030 like this.
  14. Jokskilove Palzerker

But it's not just about 4 missions. There are 6 zones - 4 Tier 2 zones with 38 total nameds, as far as I can tell. And instead of camping a variety of stuff, people just do the missions (or prior to nerf, camp the WW caves). There's no point in camping the group loot from different nameds when you can just get it all from farming tradeskill stuff in the same spots. It's the same on raids - there's no excitement of hoping if the right item drops when you can just wait for the ore and get the best item in slot whenever you want it.
    Cadira likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Loot has entirely lost its identity and excitement. Log in, get ores using your preferred method, make whatever you want. All of which have the same boring name and cookie cutter stats. I remember when each piece of gear you had told a story. Someone would link an item and you'd be like omfg where did that come from?! And you and your friends would set out to get it and have a great time doing it, maybe make a few more friends along the way etc.
    Maedhros, cadres, Astral64 and 3 others like this.
  16. Angahran Augur

It would be nice if the merchants would buy back these type 5 augs.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  17. OldCa61 Augur

Agree 100%.
    They should make Ores drop randomly off ALL mobs in the entire expansion.
    They should Always have Rares drop off any Mob in expansion. If you can charge 40 bucks for the cheapest DL of a new expansion, you can dang well make sure to put some freakin' excitement (Random Rare Loots) into the game.
    Reuse Older Items like Velious Snowball that already fit the current expansion (DUH). Just upgrade to lvl 120. We spent hours getting these items, don't throw them away, reuse them in a new way that doesn't take someone days to Upgrade.
    Lots of items have worse (lower) effects than gear from several expansions previous???
    Love this game, but pls take some time for the Important stuff. If we lose excitement the jig is up (
    Cadira and Yinla like this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I personally like that there are multiple avenues to get the augments (and ores). Some people like running missions; some hate it. Some people like camping things; some don't so much. Lucky for me, I like both and have the time to indulge doing both as I feel like it. Choices, imo, aren't bad. Like everything with fairly new content, the demand is high and will taper off. The flipside of the argument being made by some here is that sure I might settle in for several hours of camping on a no-raid day, while i'm camping those type 5 augments, I've given away dozens of ores, damage augments, visibles, whatever to anyone who wants it, in ooc or whatever. And when I'm done looking for them, and move on, I really doubt many people will take my place as the camps are almost always open every time I go looking to hit them up.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ugh. Now people that have quit camping the mobs because they filled all there slots will be back to get more so they can sell back.
    Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this change was?
  20. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

There is another note:
    "Claws of Veeshan augments now have the correct Lore and Lore Equip groups attached."