Good Luck Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Once again, it's raid release day. Here's hoping it's a smooth one, on time, and lagless.
    And Congrats to all who beat all 3 today.
    Sancus, Sissruukk, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Soooo....
    How did it go?
    Sancus and FawnTemplar like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

long day.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I wouldn't know sadly. I had a 14.5 hour workday.. by the time I got home, not many were on who were also functional.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

One of my friends stated they pulled close to 10 hours yesterday.
  6. Ricedogg New Member

RA is about to beat these at 10pm tonight apparently. Elite gamers has em down for it
  7. Robnie Augur

We raided from 11 am central to about 3:30 pm central, took a 3 hour break and raided until 10:30 or so, 8 1/2 hours.

rip egl updates past midnight, I too apparently was in the "barely functional" category
    Jhenna_BB and Duder like this.
  8. Maedhros High King

Was pretty cool raiding Aary for 4 hours while the Aura recasts were happening 1 minute late.
    Couldn't keep our tanks alive, but Its pretty hard to keep Orbs down when the thing that obliterates them is spawning half as often.
    adetia likes this.
  9. Nargoul Journeyman

I’m finding myself with some more time on my hands lately and been contemplating coming back to the raid scene. Is it still fun or are the performance issues overcoming the positives?
  10. Maedhros High King

It was pretty good til sometime around Christmas when the script lag, casting lag, rubber banding, and warping went berserk.
    Hoping it will get fixed soon but right now its an unmitigated disaster.
    On some raids, the bosses don't even hit the tanks, and then on some others, like this one, it appeared that they hit twice as often as they ever should have and straight up murdered our tanks.
    Galarian and Duder like this.
  11. Sancus Augur

Zone performance issues make it very difficult to enjoy raiding.

That said, I did want to note that I personally really enjoy the raids in this expansion, ignoring lag and bugs. They were much more fun to learn/beat than those in ToV and most of TBL (I loved Mearatas, but didn't enjoy the rest of TBL that much raid-wise). It's really a shame that the interesting mechanics are overshadowed by lag :(
    FawnTemplar, RPoo, Ssdar and 7 others like this.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

Inverse Logic raided almost 10 hours yesterday. We couldn't beat Aary. I won't blame it on the lag although that certainly did not help!

I'm beginning to wonder if we need to find a VPN provider with a server in the same datacenter along with DBG's infrastructure?
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You could be sitting in the datacenter, with your laptop plugged into the switch... and you'd see the exact same lag.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Moege Augur

Raids was disappointing. Sure I could see that they would be challenging if there was no lag. The reality is that it was so lagged out that the mechanics did not even trigger.
    Warpeace likes this.
  15. ArtremasEQ Augur

Raids were fun, all 3 down here.

We raided total of 10 1/2 hours including wasting T1 on our normal Sunday raid day. (Split over 2 days as they open late for us and we decided not to go past midnight bashing heads against bugs).

Couple annoying bugs on Arryonay made it way longer than it could have been.

I enjoyed the fact that they took care and strategy and were not a fairly mindless steamroll like ToV.

Note: As we raid on AB (Euro), I give thanks that we do not see quite the same stupendous lag reported by others on Xegony and similar.. Still laggy at times, but no where near what yall report elsewhere it seems.
    Maedhros and Sancus like this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Holy crap the lag on raids is making the game un-fun :( we had our lag issues, but not so bad that the mechanics faltered.
  17. Maedhros High King

we got it down tonite but I would like a hard mode achievement for doing that with the orbs rubber banding and the auras spawning every 2:30 instead of 1:35.
  18. Aldryn Another New Member

That's how it was on FV, interesting to know it happened on other servers too :(

During Sontalak on FV, the lag was so bad that the banishment aura had 30+ second chunks of time where it didn't move at all, lol. It's bad :(
    Ssdar, Sancus and Maedhros like this.
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

interestingly, our auras are not consistent, nor are they quite as delayed as yours were.
  20. Warpeace Augur

There was supposed to be mechanics? Who knew with all the lag:p