you call yours self a veteran but...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WarpedJester, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I moved to AB many years ago(around SoF I think), and I haven't payed attention to zek for years, so I really can't tell.
  2. Dhurgan Augur

That was true up until about 2003 on VZ. It's been a long time so the history is a little fuzzy, but I think raids got too hard to beat without x-teaming because dark only guilds had no bards(needed that resist song). Aduentus and Ancient Dawn were created by merging light and dark guilds, Defiant went xteam and may have absorbed a dark guild I can't remember, and then the Zek merge happened a year or so later. I played an SK in Ancient Dawn for a handful of years and we kind of fizzled out about 2007ish.

3. Imvi New Member

When Velious first released we went out and were exporing as a guild. Made it to Western Wastes, gathered in the tunnel just outside of Sirens Grotto. The guild leader trotted off, "follow me!", so we all ran after him. It was snowing out there, hard. Visibilty near zero, could barely make out the Ogre running in front of me as we were all strung out running out into the wastes. Guild chat started lighting up with "Whooa" "Wow" and shortly after the Ogre I was following dissapeared from sight. I kept on trucking only to find myself running right off the edge of the chasm that holds Klandicar, no insta lev clickies, no hope as I fell swiftly to my death and after "loading please wait" adding my own "Whoa" to guild chat, without explanation. A few survived the fall, most didn't, quite a sight and a pain to run back for CR but man, it's one of those EQ memories that get better over time. The nostalgia is real.

Also, trains in Karnors, my server was enter on the right, zone out on the right. Not everyone followed the "rules" and zoning into a train was a common experience. Zoning in JUST as you saw someone popping out....pucker factor as that old dial up was loading the zone lol.
    WarpedJester likes this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

5. WarpedJester New Member

Fanra and Nennius like this.
  6. WarpedJester New Member

OMG the boats... How man y people had "unscheduled departures" from the boats at zone lines??
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or had slow zone times, and missed the zone they wanted, because the boat had already zoned a second time before they loaded :)
  8. Shirrkarn New Member

Waiting at zone line for daylight to cross Kithicor

DVINN TO ZONE!!
    Fanra, Niskin, Tatanka and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or got PvP'd on the boat, and had to go back and try to find your corpse in OoT.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. WarpedJester New Member

we had a jack-wang drag a ogre out to the boat and drop everyone on it
  11. Owl56 Elder

/guildwar
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Running across The Grey to get to Ssra Temple before your air runs out.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

And once you are dumped in OOT you really have no idea which way to swim to even find land. You had to get out your EQAtlas binder and start spamming /loc.
    Goranothos and Tatanka like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The "Like" button in this particular thread should be re-labeled "Been there, done that!" ;)
  15. Greattoad Journeyman

This is how long I've been in Eq i remember One Guide named Jchan on TZ many many years ago she helped me with worm slayer quest. Wave to all the eq devs grats on the sale of EQ that was along time and alot of work .
  16. Goranothos Augur

Fansy the Famous Bard.

https://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm

Corpse Run Gear. Mage bolts had the photon torpedo graphic. The trains in Karnor's Castle. Wizzy/Druid porting services. Are you on Giant or Dragon faction? Printing out maps from EQAtlas and putting them in 3 ring binders. Your first run across Maiden's Eye. Running from Felwithe to Freeport without SoW. Camping for J-Boots.

I could go on and on....
    Fanra, Jennre, Tatanka and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tevik Augur

It's not as old as most of the things in this thread and it certainly wasn't intended, but I miss link bots. Shoot them a tell with the item name, you get a link back.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You lie :D
  19. Ezbro Elder

Did you notice the narrator said: "Wizards, sorcerers and enchanters". Later we got Wizards, MAGICIANS and enchanters. I want a sorcerer class! :)
    Svann2 likes this.
  20. WarpedJester New Member

Oh man! i think i still have my binder full of printouts from everquest.allakhazam and EQ atlas! lots of quest details.
    Goranothos likes this.