Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

That's the complete opposite of a poopsock.
    code-zero and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Febb Augur

There is no way they can even talk about adding another server with the horrible performance the current servers are experiencing during peak times. They would have to merge more servers in order to bring a new server online. So I doubt we'll be seeing any new TLP's until Phinny and Selo are merged into live servers which probably won't be until late summer at the quickest.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Selo hits live in March, not a far stretch to give them ~60 days until the forced retirement into Povar and then have 2 servers available for a May launch. Also the problems with current servers will go away as people migrate to the 2 new ones, rinse/repeat
  4. Jontrann Augur

That's unusual, we've seen the same TLP cycle for the past 4 years, usually 6 month windows between new TLP launches with 1 being phinny/coirnav/mangler/aradune clones and the others being something new (selo/miragul/). Wonder what actually changed in the company that led to things happening differently now.

Hell we had Mangler/Selo/Miragul all launch within the same year.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not really, we changed it up last year as well. When it's time to talk about new TLPs we will.
  6. theonepercent Augur

When you do get closer any chance of an actual discussion with the players about server rules instead of announcing them and immediately changing them after tons of crying like the last few?
  7. Nolrog Augur

The problem is that players will ask for things that are either impossible to do given the time constraints or cause other issues both technically and for Customer Service. The set of options seems to be pretty limited to what they can offer and each TLP is some combination of those.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. pinco Lorekeeper

why would daybreak not make new tlp these year people sub ,and line up to get into the new tlps and if they cant some play they move to other servers and the amount of bags exp pots etc they will sell.
  9. pinco Lorekeeper

give us another aradune and rizlona so most of the toxic people will play on aradune
  10. Bailen Augur

That's when I started losing interest too. Starting with one or two expansions opened seems like a good idea. Let people spread out more. Maybe wait a little longer than three months to start opening up new expansions, since the server would be starting with one or two open to begin with.
  11. Lemerian Elder

It's definitely a poopsock because of how it unlocks. If you want to "win" you can't really take a breather until you either hit live or have a big enough lead over the second place guild.
  12. Lemerian Elder

Why don't you actually try GoD? It's a great expansion. Most people who say they don't like it haven't tried it on a TLP.
  13. a_librarian Augur

in the land of robots there is no war, only logical peaceful coexistence.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

We have over 9000 TLP's and counting, we don't need any new ones.

Just pick one and play on it.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. Timgrok New Member

My ideal TLP is one that only allows TEB to participate, and we can all cheer them on from the sidelines.
  16. Nargoul Journeyman

You’ll get a Miragul and you’ll like it.
  17. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

GoD is hot garbage, Omens is slightly better but then you are just choosing a better turd sammich to take a bite out of.
  18. code-zero Augur

Here's the problem, you don't have Berzerker's until GoD. Bard isn't even a real Bard until after PoP. People who have actually played GoD since the original overtuning was fixed all enjoy the content with some really nice storylines like BIC.

So, being as I have played GoD I fail to understand your opinion. OoW gave us Epic 2 which were awesome and fun quest with a few of the weapons being relevant till the modern era.

In contrast to that my friends and I have all played every imaginable race/class/origin combination over time and frankly the original era comes up as truly lacking in almost every possible measure. No quests, no real lore, just park in the same limited number of coveted spots and grind mindlessly
    Barraind likes this.
  19. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Each to there own, I just played all that again on Phinny and then Mangler and it still blows in my eyes....Your entitled to your opinion but I find all the content pre GoD to be what I enjoy. I can play GoD and Omens, but I do not find that as enjoyable as older content.
    Warkral likes this.
  20. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

....I do believe it would be cool if they reworked it to have Zerkers and Bst available from the beginning