Monk - Fist of Wu

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Maxel, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Maxel New Member

I've noticed that all the other classes have time increases to their 68 disc., even the Berserker has an upgraded version to theirs. Can the Monk not get a little time extension or something, he almost feels ashamed to cast it with his little one minute timer while the Warrior and the Berserker in the group are laughing with their ten minute timers. Asking for a friend. :)
  2. DaciksBB Augur

Fist of Wu isn't really worth casting at higher levels anyway
  3. Szilent Augur

There's no extension because it's not valuable. The boost to Double Attack is superceded by any of : ranger Predator buff, Jann illusion, Stoic Wolf Familiar, or "being a monk"
  4. Yahsha Journeyman

Anyone ever test to see if these things actually stack? With Pred and Jann going to Buff window, and Wu going to song window...?
  5. Szilent Augur

there is no stacking to be done. every attack Double Attacks.
  6. Cadira Augur

Sure! Why not?

115 Monk, Jann buff, Shaman buffs, couple other random odds and ends. Raid Visibles. Good aa's. Speed Focus to collect data faster.

Without Fists of Wu: /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 6001s, 746.8m @124450 | Total 746.8m@(124.4k in 6001s)

Crush DPS: 94828

With Fists of Wu: /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 5755s, 714.7m @124186 | Total 714.7m@(124.2k in 5755s)

Crush DPS: 94309

Conclusion: Appears useless as stated.
  7. Yahsha Journeyman

Thanks Cadira, we had our monks parse it out with other classes in the grp and saw a 1% marginal increase in each melee DPS in the grp.

Was it effective? Maybe. The 1% can be explained away by too many things to be sure.
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Yahsha Journeyman

Insightful
  9. Yahsha Journeyman

Additional parses on non-monk classes and pets in grp. Variant on DPS is negligible.

So to confirm the known - it's useless.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Cadira like this.