Can we get a new Illusion for Anniv pls

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

Maybe they can add them to the specialty vendor in PoK (using Commemorative Coins).

And rather than create a new item, maybe bring back old promotional items.

I'd love to have the Guise of the Ancient Gods.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

If they offer the 'Guise of the Ancient Gods' in game, I do hope they refund my $50 I paid for it.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That would be cool too!! I forgot about that version, but it does look awesome!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They won't ever add it as an in game option. We'd be extremely lucky to even see it pop back up in the cash store at its original price if not more.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I agree. They've never offered Fanfare/SOE Live and Beta rewards on the shop or in-game. I would love 'Cowl of the Deadlands Yeti' but it would offend EoK Beta testers. Maybe they can make a white Yeti illusion?
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would love the gelitinous cube from HoT beta, I missed that one and have regretted it ever since :(
  7. Zamiam Augur

oh get over it .. I paid for it as well and its not the greatest illusion or pet illusion it only lasts for 30min and 2hour CD ..
    If DBG wants to make some money off of it so be it .. heck maybe they will change the CD and length of duration ..
    Point is I rarely ever use mine , I was very disappointed when i got it and cast it and seen the limited use .. if they make it BETTER and put it up for sale in market i'll buy it ..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Lol. I am sure nearly everyone wanted a refund when it came out that it only lasted for 30 minutes and Permanent Illusion AA did not affect it.

They should offer to refund 'Guise of the Ancient Gods' if it ever comes back. That way, if you dislike the limits, you get your money back. If people can deal with the limits, you can repurchase it.

The only reason most people can swallow the $35-$50 price tag on the restricted 'Guise of the Ancient Gods' is because it is a once-in-a-lifetime item. I am afraid bringing it back will only add salt to the wounds or reignite unnecessary controversy (bad PR).
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to see them let us choose which beta reward (from all old ones) plus maybe a new one each beta we recieve. I play an alt more than my main these days and I'd love to get a couple of old rewards on her as well as my main (2 different accounts so even if heirloom cant use:()

Would also be nice to get an extra ToV beta reward so we could duel weild the ice weapons.

I can dream :)
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe a few devs have said that the Guise of the Ancient God will not return in a recent AMA or old thread for 2 reasons:

1. They do not like the idea of players walking around as Gods hence the unexpected duration nerf.

2. To put it nicely, there was too much drama when it was released.

I am doubtful that they will change the timer now. And bringing it back would: (a) offend past buyers and (b) a new set of customers may feel misled (more drama).

My idea has always been to offer a normal duration and normal acting "Illusion: Bristlebane" as a concession or as a future illusion item because the jester model is less special.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Well now I feel like that Indian guy standing along the Highway and someone tosses a bag of garbage at my feet. :(
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

You're an SK, you can take the abuse :p
    Flatchy likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

No illusion, but you will get a hat :)
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Oh, for Brell's sake...

[IMG]
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

I always wondered whats up with the candles around his head? Is it because Brell had so many ideas and light bulbs were not invented yet? If so why didn't he just invent them if he was so dang smart?
  16. eqgamer Augur

yep yep - I remember the drama. In fact, I mayyyy have added to some of it in that I didn't agree that those who didn't actually go to Vegas could still buy the clickies. Looking back, I wish that I had not said anything because in the end, who cares, right? If it had fit in somewhere in one's reasonings to keep playing this "ancient" game, that's a good thing.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If it is an anniversary illusion, then it would be appropriate if it was Illusion: pre-alpha model.

Who doesn't want to celebrate the anniversary by looking like "1997 everquest"... :p
  18. nitrocutter Journeyman

I'm one that doesn't really like illusions. I only use them when I absolutely have to (like talking to a vendor who won't talk to me). I too would like another item as an option instead of an illusion which I find useless.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yup. No one don't wants the drama to return so the Guise of the Ancient Gods will stay vaulted.

They won't be lifting the illusion restrictions (30 minute duration, 2 hour cool down). The original buyers will feel undermined if it goes for anything less than $50 (some people even paid $200 on Ebay). New buyers may not be aware of the illusion restrictions and make a big scene on the forums.

We just need an Illusion: Brisbtlebane. I can see it possibly coming out with the Halfling Heritage Crate.
  20. Hekaton Augur

Years ago they had held a vote for a new race/class combo which ended up giving us a new beastlord race. I was thinking they could come up with like 5 different illusions that aren’t tied to lore of an expansion and have the unwashed masses vote on one to be given out on the date of the anniversary