Yet another lag complaint thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galarian, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Galarian Elder

I love EQ. The game has meant a lot to me for a long time and always will. The sad declining state of these servers with the lag is making the game beyond miserable. Stuff rubber banding or not even coming, stuff being bypassed cause the server is so lagged, stuff getting out of whack cause timing is not what it should be, discs and clickable items firing 3-20 seconds after pressing them, actual video footage from Kizant of not being able to cast a dam thing for a majority of the fight. I feel for other servers who have dealt with this for so long, and now my server has been seeing this more and more.

I know this is like the 87th post complaining about it, and I really don't care, but can we finally have some kind of higher up discuss things going on with us? The silence is deafening, and I don't consider the tag in the bug section of "CONFIRMED" of a FV server lag to mean a thing. Even if the answer is "we don't have an answer to fixing the lag", it's better to know than not know at all (even if it may be obvious). I understand this isn't just EQ either, and EQ2 have been suffering as well. Beta was just about devoid of most lag issues, isn't there something you can do to create a similar stability environment with Live servers?

I'm sure this is not a simple issue, but at least put an official word that is somewhere, on the launcher maybe, that just explains things. It might not be a good look to those trying to get into the game and seeing there is possible/likely server lag issues, but at least have that out there. Even if there's no roadmap to getting it fixed, say something, explain something to us. It's getting harder and harder to play this game, which is sad for someone who's loved the game, throughout so many wacky, dumb and disagreeable changes/issues previous.
    Jazrakhan, Barton, Jhenna_BB and 3 others like this.
  2. Fooba Augur

Galarian likes this.
  3. Galarian Elder

Thanks a lot for this, I appreciate seeing that there was a response I was completely oblivious to.

In a sense I actually feel better at least them acknowledging this. Then on the other hand, it's frustrating and sad that this is getting worse and worse since then. It's just getting more and more difficult to endure nights like these, for as long as it's been going. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful for efforts in fixing this, or for anything in general with the game, but it's getting to a breaking point, and it's sad to see and sucks feeling helpless to it. This comes from someone on a server that just recently started getting bad with lag. Can't imagine how all you other folks from other servers have been dealing with this without just going mad.