Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Title says it all.....
  2. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Hopefully not for years. They need to let the current TLPs mature and stop splitting the population already. It's just not sustainable.
  3. Tankkin Journeyman

They need another good event server. Give ppl on live something to actually do
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

That's one thing. But a brand new standard TLP when the most recent 2 are barely in Luclin and they were themselves released too early? Yea, no....
  5. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

I say a TLP with regular 3 month unlocks, starts in Kunark, restarts GoD....everyone quits at GoD anyway =P....give a title or something for everytime it restarts
  6. TheRedBandit Elder

I think if they ever do the repeating tlp, they ought to just release a selo style server every other year and have it merge into Agnarr at the end.
  7. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Not a bad idea other then Selo unlock speed sucks, you are constantly grinding to keep up.
  8. Tankkin Journeyman

A rizlona type selo server would be pretty successful. It's much easier to keep up with running your own team.
  9. Bard2019 Elder

The first mention of it each year usually comes with the February Producer's letter, followed by a few weeks of endless amounts of posts by everyone that thinks they can build the perfect TLP server. Then sometime in late March, we get more detailed information about what their official plans are, followed by a bunch of posts from people saying why they think this year's TLP offerings are bad, stupid, unfair, etc. Then sometime in April or May we get the actual launch, which will be overcrowded and people will be unable to play, resulting in hundreds of angry posts on the forums asking why this sh*t isn't fixed because it happens every year. Then about 24 or less hours later, a random guild that was able to keep people logged in long enough, manages to finish all the content in Vanilla and we get an achievement thread where the majority of the comments are negative rather than congratulatory. The next few weeks we'll see several posts about so-and-so AFK farming hill giants/ice giants and the GM's doing nothing about it and all the same mentions of how X quest/item is broken and could easily be fixed but never has been. A couple of weeks later people will be bored and posting about how they think Vanilla EQ should only last for X amount of weeks or the server should have launched with Kunark already open. When Kunark does finally launch, we'll get all the same complaints about things such as the Broken Golem for the Wizard epic being horribly designed and how the key quest for Veeshan's Peak is unfair because it can't be finished by everyone that plays. Guilds will break up, guilds will merge, people will leave angry, new people will show up late to the party wondering if this is the server they should start on. Things will settle down until Velious where there's finally enough things to do for the larger guilds to not be butting heads with each other as much, except over Sleeper's Tomb where some a*holes will awaken the sleeper either by accident or to anger another guild or the entire server. Then we'll get the same posts about how each guild should get their own version of Sleeper's Tomb where they can wake or not wake the sleeper themselves without it affecting the main pick. This is about the time that I quit playing until the next year. Gotta love TLP season.
    TigoalBitties, Stymie, Juskov and 8 others like this.
  10. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

This is almost entirely accurate. The Apr-May launch thing was only Aradune however, it's usually with the anniversary in mid March.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

lol Bang on.
  12. Nargoul Journeyman

A new TLP will come after Selo gets merged into Povar.
    Brunlin likes this.
  13. Newbie32 Deadbolt - Yelinak

Pretty much this...

Has happened every new tlp server since Ragefire.
  14. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

every time someone asks if a new TLP coming it gets pushed back a day just like half life 3
  15. Jontrann Augur

Usually its mid to late feb for an announcement with an early to mid march launch.
    Brunlin likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Paragraphs are your friend, but you pretty much outlined the TLP release cycle from the perspective of the forum activity.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Since everyone seems to want to race through the expansions lately... They should just resurrect the Sleeper and Combine progression style and see how that goes with AoC's etc..
  18. Jimmy2times Elder

This is hilarious and 100% accurate and had me really loling as I read it. Appreciate it
  19. Relentless Insomnia

Blizzconline is on Feb 19th (I think?), I expect a new TLP before a WoW Classic TBC release. Releasing it after would result in a lot of lost $$ for DayFippy Games or whatever they are now <3

I bet we get a TLP release date after they announce TBC's release date.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

We are still a ways away from being ready to talk about new TLPs.