Add More Gear Slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nargoul, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Nargoul Journeyman

How about letting us wear more two more rings? Make it part of the next expansion as some sort of progression reward rings that add some sort of bonus for having all 4.

Last two gear slots have been a bust in my opinion, I never really liked charms or power sources. Charms, I don’t like the variable stats and the early implementation wasn’t very appealing with requirements like daytime only for max stars. Power sources, I just don’t like because they have to be replaced.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Theoretically we have ten fingers. Room for growth.
  3. Zamiam Augur

well its been almost 22 years .. they need to grow faster :p
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Charms are extremely powerful in their current form for the Focus they now have as well as for the Rune clicky.

Interesting idea, though - I'll bite. We could take advantage of existing items simply by adding a 2- Hander slot along with our Primary and Secondary slots. What this would do is making 1handers useful again for classes that tend to always use 2-Handers: Wiz, Mag, Nec, Enc, Rng, Mnk, Shm and Dru. Classes that use 2-Handers in curtain circumstances would also benefit: Bst, War, Pal an Shd.

I'm not sure what you do for Brd and Ber - this is just a brain storming exercise.
  5. Dropfast Augur

Some new slots would be cool. It's also time for 4 more evolving items to replace the old ones. That or start putting type 18 / 19 slots on all the non-vis items. I am not losing 4 big accuracy augs and 4 procs >< .
  6. Nargoul Journeyman

No ideas are bad especially in brain storming, would be an interesting idea.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Gonna repeat my request for a Codpeice slot, and Heros Forge items to go with it.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I always felt there should be a slot for an Epic.

Be it the 1.0, 1,5, 2.0, 2.5 or the RoF Collections weap(s). Just for added bonus stats. Even better if it could have some sort of mod that scaled to level.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

And for the female characters?
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

A thong, duh!
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We should be able to wear more than 2 rings, especially wedding bands and engagement rings (on the same finger)

Then we have toe rings, ancle bracelets......
    Zamiam likes this.
  12. Zamiam Augur

nose rings, eyebrow rings, tongue rings, nipple rings (am i allowed to say that) navel rings ..
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ancestral Artefact:

This item is something that has been passed down through generations of your ancestors, a seemingly useless trinket that just recently began to command your attention at the very periphery of your perception. Until now you had kept it in a pouch in your bag & had pretty much forgotten it was there but now it seems to "call" to you, as if there is a hidden purpose to the thing that has lain dormant for centuries waiting for the right time, or the right descendant to make its purpose known.

Upon recognising that this item had some part to play in your future you found that your armour now had a place that it fitted into perfectly, had it always been there & you were blind to it or had the artefact somehow altered the material to give itself a prominent place to observe your actions?

Upon reflecting on the object & after slotting it into the space it maybe created for itself you slip into a strange reverie & are assailed by the visions of someone who isn't you but bears an uncanny resemblance in some way to you in the throes of some unknown battle, arrows fly, roaring balls of fire streak across the field of war, blackened soot stings your eyes & the clang of weaponry against shield & the wet slick sound of blades slicing meat & sinew echoes about your ears as you find yourself viewing the scene from inside the someone you were just a moment ago watching striding into battle.
    You feel their fear & exhilaration as they begin cleaving a path through their assailants.

A jarring hit from the side of you flashes your mind white a moment & you find yourself besides a gurgling stream sparkling brightly in the cool air & children play by the waters edge, all seems tranquil but some unease within you rises, a stifled scream tries to breach your lips then silence & you find yourself back in your own time momentarily confused about what has just taken place, the artefact seems to shimmer - what happened?

Take a journey of discover to find out what the artefact is, where it truly came from, what purpose it has awakened to have done, this item will give you new information about seemingly ordinary places, about seemingly long defeated foes that tell a story nobody has ever heard before & while it does it will infuse you with new insight, new skills & maybe a new understanding of your place on Norrath.

New Racial Artefact Slot
    Head to your ancestral home to discover what this new item might want you to see & discover a way to see Norrath and the other places you have been & will go to through new eyes, new ears, even if they aren't always your own you will come to see your ancestors had a destiny plotted out for you even eons ago.

The Artefact you have is tied to your ancestors and the stories they wish to tell you about your race & your family, journey to places old & new to gain clues about it, to finish old feuds, to settle old scores, to lay the spirits of your ancestors to rest, or to avenge them of cruel wrongs, and as you do so they will bestow gifts upon you, some you will see as obvious, some will be strange & difficult to comprehend others may seem like a curse until you understand their purpose.

Your artefact will journey with you in the future too, giving you new challenges & bestowing new gifts, will you ever fully understand why it picked you and what fate does this thing lead you towards, glory or demise the journey is the thing.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"[You require Gold access to view this title]"

Nice, made me LOL!

Two thumbs up (and a codpiece) ;)
    Coagagin likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

We already have stat-food and stat-drinks...

[IMG]

:p
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and Tatanka like this.
  16. Windance Augur

While its an interesting read I would hate to see adding extra slots. That's just more stuff to go questing for, and the developer time required to implement and test a feature that fundamentally changes the core item list is just ... not worth the risk.

As others have repeatedly said ... rather than asking for 'things' it would be a lot better to fix the ones we've got.

For example the server load/lag when you get several guilds all twitching their swarm pets on burn. Maybe change the swarm pets into a single pet that does 5-10x the damage they currently do.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Nargoul Journeyman

I disagree. Fixes are to expected throughout the year, but you can’t advertise that as an expansion feature. Also, that just kills the soul of creativity for any developer. It’s clear that they want to put out new and interesting features and experiment with different concepts and I think a few extra gear slots would open up some opportunities and excitement.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

A racial advantage for Vah Shir.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

It is my understanding that shields ignore the AC soft cap and their is a solid argument to ENC to bandolier b/t 1H/shield and 2H depending on their role (CC vs DPS).
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I vote for a food and drink slot and get rid of forced feeding thats only something poor people do. I like the loyalty food and drink they last 2 hours.

Andarriel
    Kaenneth, Nennius and Jumbur like this.