Fixed Internally COV and TOV achievement augs share a Lore Group

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ArtremasEQ, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ArtremasEQ Augur

Reactive Velium Threaded Gem of Devastation has LORE GROUP 'Velium Infused Gem of Devastation" (TOV Lore Group), Instead of a COV one.

Have to delete the TOV one to use the COV one. This prevents Casters using new and old together in their 2 hand staffs. (stuck with TBL one)

Assume this is NOT intentional ? Normally the Lore group is there only to prevent use of the different ones of the same expact at same time ?
    Strumph, Micaiah, Wonkabar and 10 others like this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

thanks for posting, beat me to it :) i made an inquiry to ng as well.
    Strumph likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Its had that since beta/launch. Likely designed to purposefully choose one.
  4. dubblestack Elder

Also, is the 1 handed threaded one supposed to be usable in range? as it is, it is not.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Caisy like this.
  5. Nniki Augur

In expansions with new level caps according to a response in a beta thread asking that question:
    Edit: I guess that was technically regarding the security aug but might be the same deal. I feel like the damage augs were brought up somewhere too though.
    dubblestack likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

Both augs have the same lore group as the last expansions devastation augs, is that intended? I am guessing a spreadsheet carryover without an update?
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

is another thread for this one a few down.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Additionally, the Gems of Striking are also in the same lore groups as their ToV counterparts.
    Strumph likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

All of the proc augs are exhibiting this as well. Stone of the Dar Clan, etc etc
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

They allowed TOV plus TBL progression proc augs. Dont see why they would change it. Id like to see dev confirmation on this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

ToV was a level increase, they tend to batch together level increase and the next expansion, like how ToV T1 is tradable and CoV T1 is not tradable. TBL was the first time this mechanic was used, so theres nothing to compare with RoS.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The issue is with all of the augs that have convert options from the achievements.
    Nah. It is a bug.
    I chose not to include range. The current plan it to have skips.
    Cicelee, Strumph, scaethach and 4 others like this.
  13. Kezik Lorekeeper

Would it be possible to begin the skipping next expansion? Rangers are still using a TDS aug in their bows because it was skipped for several expansions prior to ToV
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

Awesome, thanks Ngreth for the quick response, looking forward to the Feb patch now !
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

@ngreth for what it's worth, this is a very valid point. Using augs from TDS because all subsequent expansions before ToV didn't have anything for bows seems like a good argument to make CoV aug be included this time around for range.
  16. Bigrush New Member

Please make it a range aug. as well so rangers can finally get rid of the TDS one...
  17. Kudladar New Member

Makes me sad that the fix for the augs won't be in until Feb patch cycle
    Strumph and Svann2 like this.
  18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

So why not include ranged? Heck let the 2 hander aug be used in ranged. The bow is not like dual wielding, why not use the 2 hand dps aug in bow? Bow users could use a boost not another nerf.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Rather than start a new thread, I decided to reply in this post the topic was already in.

I've been stewing on this awhile, mostly because I really do try to respect design choices you guys make - so I stayed quiet. This is really bugging the crap out of myself and others, so I need to get this out.

Here's what really grinds players gears in particular about the decision to not include Range slot in this year's Gem of Striking: Casters used the same crappy 190 damage sympathetic Range aug starting in UF and continued through, VoA, RoF, CotF, TDS, TBM, EoK, RoS, TBL and up until executing achievements in ToV. That's a decade, dude. Rangers used the same two augs in their bows when from TDS, TBM, EoK, RoS, TBL and up until executing the achievements in ToV. That's half a decade, dude.

The fact that there is precedent to long aug upgrade waits on the Ranged slot in general does not make this design choice one that players are going to appreciate - like not at all. In fact, it's really annoying. What makes it worse is the lessening of player power received in this expansion through group play. We didn't receive a whole lot of AA's in total. There are no augs with the power gain of the 18/19 augs - the Tier 1 augs are really appreciated, as are the Primary/Secondary slots on certain Trade skilled augs. However, now the achievement augs are worthless to Rangers, Wizards, Magicians, Necromancers, Enchanters, Druids and Shaman (Clerics?). (Btw, our Beastlord friends should be able to place the Gem of Striking in their range as a Symp proc if their Ranger DPS Hybrid cousins can get power from those augs from their bows, it's only fair).

I've posted a number times that I give Dark Paw a ton of slack for an expansion most players aren't particularly happy with and you all deserve that slack. 2020-21 sucks. It sucks that you all have to work from home like the rest of us. Those of us dealing that that 40 hours a week understand what you guys are going through and that's what causes so many difficulties for making content and making the game just run well. The least you can do is reconsider the direction you have gone on the Gem of Striking. You can use an olive branch, you really could and I'm betting you know where I'm coming from on that.

Thank you for reading.

Late edit for a misspelling that could cause confusion.
  20. Ratalthor Developer

The issue in the original post should be fixed now. Please share feedback in another forum section other than Bug Reports.